Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

[OFFICIAL] 2017 GM Game Sign Ups, Rules, and Discussion Thread

Read everything in my first couple of posts. I would not waste my time typing all of this stuff out if it wasn't necessary. Also, I suggest that you Subscribe to this thread in order to stay as informed as possible over the coming weeks. CP is very much appreciated (give it to Berlow, THEdraftnik, Mosk). Running this game is a lot of work.

This game is a standing tradition for the last few years, and will continue to be so this year. For new players, you are responsible for GM-ing a team through the draft and trades to make your team better. This year we will be making a number of changes which is why I posting this thread early. For those interested in playing we will be discussing and voting on some minor and major rule changes. Veterans will get a week head start and will have the option to retain their team if they were good GMs and made all their picks last year. Otherwise the teams are first come first serve.

I'm not looking for someone to grade this. Grades are subjective and inaccurate and lead to unneeded hostility when it is impossible to accurately grade how a GM does.

Here are some links from the game the previous two years in case any of the new people would like to see how it goes. The rules this year will be similar.

Overall Rules
    Trades
    Draft Selections

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for that part that you've all been waiting for, the timeline:

Sign-Ups for returning players: 2/16 until 3/8
    Sign-Ups for new players (to fill the vacant GM spots): 2/23 at 12:01am EST (1 minute after midnight) until 3/8

The GM of the Broncos will be chosen randomly. Anyone interested needs to post so in this thread during the sign-up period. A random drawing will happen on the 2nd and the Broncos GM spot will be awarded. A new player will not have the opportunity to GM the Broncos. You must prove yourself worthy first. I will announce the winner (I will not be in the running this year.)

***Returning GMs - You must post in the Sign Up thread declaring your intention to return to Team X. I will not automatically assume that you want to play again. Failure to notify me by the deadline above will most likely result in your GM spot being filled by someone else. If you are interesting in changing teams, you must indicate such in your post. Include the name of the team you had last year, and a statement listing the team(s) you'd like to have this year. Hopefully you'll be able to read each other's posts and see which of the other returning vets is interesting in swapping, and then you can work it out amongst yourselves.

***Returning Asst. GMs - You are eligible to sign up for a team during the first window, but you have to sign up for an open team or find an old GM willing to relinquish theirs, since all GMs from last year have first priority on their squad.

***New GMs - At 12:01am EST(1 minute after midnight) on the 23rd, new players can sign up (in this thread) with their order of preference and will be given GM spots on a first come, first serve basis.

Of course, if you are looking to be an assistant GM, then post here in this thread and work something out with one of the returning players. You do not have to wait until the 23rd to sign up for an assistant GM position.

Legal Tampering: 2/27 through 3/8
    Trading Period: 3/9 through 3/23
    Draft: 3/25-3/31 (32 picks per day)

The trade, draft, and depth chart threads will be created at a later date. All trades MUST be sent to me, so I can forward the trade details to the trade council. The deadline for trades is 11:59 PM on 3/23.

FAIR WARNING: If you miss three (or more) of your assigned draft slots, you will be considered an INACTIVE GM. This game is getting more and more popular every year, so if we have people that aren't up to snuff they're gonna get the boot. I think we had 3-4 GMs last year not quite up to snuff, and so they will not be guaranteed a spot as a returning GM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner - Mosk

TC/Verifier - Mosk
    TC - BroncoFanBoy
    TC - broncos SB2010
    TC - MHS
    TC - HUMCALC

Still need to verify if all members will be returning this year.

Ok guys, here's the deal. All trades must be approved/disapproved by THE COUNCIL. This is to keep the game legitimate, not to spoil the fun. In other words, DO NOT FIRE UP MADDEN 25 TO DEVISE ANY TRADES BECAUSE THEY WILL BE LAUGHED AT AND REJECTED! Let’s keep it as realistic as possible please (only free agents and players known to be on trade block or possible cap casualties can be traded). I know some of you like the idea of trading away great players, but all decisions will ultimately have to be approved by the council. If 3 of the 5 above people do not think the trade should pass, then it will not be allowed. Sorry, that's just the way it is. It's nothing personal. You're always welcome to change up and re-submit your trade for another vote if you want to.

Also, once a player has been traded they are not eligible to be re-traded. This issue happened a couple of times in the past, but it really kills this realism of the game. Unless you are working on some sort of three team trade (in which case notify me of your intention to re-deal the player), do not expect to be able to trade for QB X one day and then turn around and trade him away the next. It'll get rejected immediately.

Since I am the verifier on the trade council you will submit all trades to me directly via private messages. This can be found here. Then I will quickly check to see if it is valid or not. If valid, I will pass it along to the other 4 members of the trade council for voting; I will serve as a tiebreaker if needed. If invalid, I will respond to your PM and let you know where the problem is. I am normally on quite a bit during the afternoon/evening, so feel free to PM me if you have questions. Please use an accurate subject line in ALL messages sent to me. Examples: "Broncos/Browns Trade" or "Draft Order Question". If you have trouble memorizing my user name for the messages just remember: it's really easy, just learn it.

My intention is to gather all of the trades for the day and send them off to the rest of the council in a nightly message for a mass approval/disapproval vote some time around 10:00 PM (eastern) or so. Hopefully the rest of the trade council will be able to respond some time the next day, allowing me to officially post the accepted trades roughly 24 hours after they were submitted. So if you're looking to get your trades through quickly I recommend that you submit them before it gets too late in the day.

But seriously guys, if we all just use the same reference for our draft order (the one I've posted below) and keep track of what all we've done, there is really no reason besides sloppy GM-ing to submit invalid trades. Please remember what pick(s) you trade so that you don't accidentally trade the same pick twice. If you are on top of your game and propose reasonable trades then they should move through the system quickly. Only one GM (of the teams involved in the trade) needs to send me the trade. I don't need duplicate messages clogging up my PM box. And please, do not send me any trade that has not been completely agreed upon by all parties involved. I don't want to have to rescind trades because one person submitted it for council approval before the other GM actually consented.

FAs (Terrelle Pryor), likely cap casualties (Robert Griffin III), known trade block (Joe Thomas), busts (Cameron Erving), and nobodies (Tank Carder) are the only players available for trade. This is to aid the realism of this game. If you send me a trade with a 2nd year player in it you won't have to worry about the TC denying your trade, as it is not a valid trade and it will not be relayed to the TC at all.

I know I'm pretty picky about this, but PLEASE use this EXACT formatting when submitting trades to me:

--------------------------------------------------

Denver Broncos receive:
    QB Brady Quinn

Cleveland Browns receive:
    RB Peyton Hillis
    6th round pick (### overall)

--------------------------------------------------

Include position and name for all players; round and overall number for draft picks. If you don't I will probably try to interpret what you intended, but I might just send it back to you as invalid - it'll really just depened on how nice I'm feeling at the moment. Either way you probably don't want to tick me off by sending my sloppy trades since I control one of the five votes that determine the trade's fate.

DO NOT SEND ME ANY TRADES UNTIL THE TRADING PERIOD BEGINS!

Rosters freeze at 11:59 PM on 3/6. The first day of legal tampering in the NFL is 3/7. So say the Packers sign Mario Williams prior to 3/7, then the Packers would have him in this game, not the Dolphins. If players who were released in the recent days don't sign with a team prior to 3/7, then they would revert back to their old teams. In the example above, Mario Williams would then go back to the Dolphins.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

NFC East
    Dallas Cowboys - BroncoFanBoy
    New York Giants – uknflfan
    Philadelphia Eagles –
    Washington Redskins - SecondsAway131

NFC North
    Chicago Bears - broncos SB2010
    Detroit Lions –
    Green Bay Packers - RealBronco
    Minnesota Vikings -

NFC South
    Atlanta Falcons -
    Carolina Panthers -
    New Orleans Saints - MHSalute
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

NFC West
    Arizona Cardinals –
    San Francisco 49ers - HUMCALC
    Seattle Seahawks – HUMCALC
    Los Angeles Rams - #87Birdman *cdumler7*

AFC East
    Buffalo Bills – conannilsen
    Miami Dolphins -
    New England Patriots - Gbt31
    New York Jets – BroncoFanBoy

AFC North
    Baltimore Ravens - MHSalute
    Cincinatti Bengals – munoz1987
    Cleveland Browns – MHS
    Pittsburgh Steelers - SoundsOfSuccess

AFC South
    Houston Texans - *Atwater*
    Indianapolis Colts –
    Jacksonville Jaguars – FlowdaBroncoFan
    Tennessee Titans - Mosk

AFC West
    Kansas City Chiefs –
    Oakland Raiders – Kyousukeneko
    San Diego Chargers – uknflfan
    Denver Broncos –
    Last edited by Mosk; 02-20-2017 at 08:09 AM.

I, Mosk, have read and understand the rules. I will be returning as GM of the Tennessee Titans.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

I, FBF, have read and understand the rules.

I would like to be in the running for the Broncos to!

In the event I am not awarded the opportunity, I will return as the Jags GM.

Since there was a lot of inactivity last year and multiple users had to control more than 1 team, the user will have first dibs on any of 1 of those teams. So SB2010 would have a choice of the Bears, Lions, or Cardinals. Once the user makes their choice, I'll update the list accordingly.

If there's still vacant teams after 3/8, then that's when users can start controlling more than 1 team.

I, Broncos SB2010, have read and understand the rules. I will be returning as GM of the Chicago Bears.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Bump....

Come one people. We need GMs for this game.

I, Soundsofsuccess, have read and understand the rules. I will be interested taking the GM spot for the San Francisco 49ers if Humcalc allows.

I also would like to be in consideration for the Broncos' opening.

I, have read and understand the rules.

I would like to be in the running for the Broncos to!

In the event I am not awarded the opportunity, I will return as the Bengals GM.

I, SecondsAway131, have read and understand the rules. I would like to be in the running for the Broncos. I'd love to switch to the Browns, if MHS would allow, but if not I'll stick with the Redskins.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

I, Gbt31, have read and understand the rules. I would like to be in the running for the Broncos. But if not....I will just keep on winning Championships with the Patriots....
    New England Patriots GM

I'm not sure if I want to keep doing this game to be honest with you guys. I'll think about it and let you all know.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I'm not sure if I want to keep doing this game to be honest with you guys. I'll think about it and let you all know.
    Come on man. You know you want to. We need you this year.

How do I sign johnny Manziel