Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos Have the Toughest Schedule in 2017

The NFL posted the graphic linked below, showing the top-10 hardest schedules in the NFL for next season, and of course, Denver is in the #1 spot. I really don't understand how the Broncos' schedule can be harder than the Chiefs' and Raiders' schedules, when those two teams finished ahead of Denver in the AFC West in 2016. Also, note that neither team who appeared in the Super Bowl shows up on this list. So much for fairness in scheduling.

Saw this too. Odds are we are looking at a 10-6 season at best, depending on how much of a dropoff from the NFC East there is from last season. Then again, what may be graded as the hardest schedule may change as some teams make an exponential leap, like the Falcons from 2015 to 2016, or a monumental drop, like the Panthers 2015-2016
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I don't see it as that bad. I think the Chiefs schedule is tougher

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

If you want to be the best...
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

On paper now, it looks really tough but as some teams have unexpected drop offs (like us and the Panthers) the schedule strength changes throughout the year.

I'd rather make the playoffs after a tough year of stiff competition than being a paper tiger and being one-and-done.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

As far as opponents are concerned, AFCW has the same ones (i.e., AFCE and NFCE) except KC plays Houston and Pittsburgh, Oakland plays Tennessee and Baltimore and the Chargers play Jacksonville and Cleveland while Denver has Cincinnati and Indianapolis.

Denver gets Dallas, NE*, Giants, Jets and Cincy at home and on the road to Buffalo, Miami, Philly, Washington and Indy.

KC has Buffalo, Miami, Philly, Washington and Pittsburgh at home, and on the road to NE*, Jets, Giants, Dallas and Houston.

Oakland has NE*, Jets, Giants, Dallas and Baltimore at home, and on the road to Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philly and Washington.

The Chargers have Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Philly and Washington at home (Carson?) and on the road to Dallas, Giants, Jets, Jacksonville and NE*.

The NFCE might be the strongest division in the NFL right now. How the AFCW does against them will be interesting.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

KC and Raiders have an "easier" schedule because they play the Broncos (9-7) 2x. The Broncos is "tougher" because the Chiefs and Raiders had better records last year and we have to play each 2x. Bad luck to be facing the NFCE the one year we're not playing a 1st place schedule. NE* will of course never have a tough schedule because of how weak the AFCE is.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    As far as opponents are concerned, AFCW has the same ones (i.e., AFCE and NFCE) except KC plays Houston and Pittsburgh, Oakland plays Tennessee and Baltimore and the Chargers play Jacksonville and Cleveland while Denver has Cincinnati and Indianapolis.

Denver gets Dallas, NE*, Giants, Jets and Cincy at home and on the road to Buffalo, Miami, Philly, Washington and Indy.

KC has Buffalo, Miami, Philly, Washington and Pittsburgh at home, and on the road to NE*, Jets, Giants, Dallas and Houston.

Oakland has NE*, Jets, Giants, Dallas and Baltimore at home, and on the road to Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philly and Washington.

The Chargers have Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Philly and Washington at home (Carson?) and on the road to Dallas, Giants, Jets, Jacksonville and NE*.

The NFCE might be the strongest division in the NFL right now. How the AFCW does against them will be interesting.
    I personally think we have toughest division in football. No one in NFCE other than Dallas concerns me more or less than the majority of the rest of the teams in the league. I will be more worried about playing the Chefs and Faiders then I will be the NFCE other than Dallas and that is not just because they are division rivals.

Of all of our games, Dallas and NE are the teams that most worry me 1 on 1. All the rest I see as winnable, especially if we have much improved OL play and address the center of our DL and ILB. I expect us to be much improved and we are already. good. I also see those 2 games as winnable, just see them as the 2 hardest openents we will face. How we do against our division imo will decide our fate this coming season and after Dallas and NE, I see KC and Oakland as the next to toughest oppenents and we have to face them each twice. Division games are always the most important in a season, but I see these being extremely important to our fate this coming year.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 02-17-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Of course the Patriots aren't anywhere close to being on the list. Meh.

I see the Dolphins on the up-and-up, though. Adam Gase is doing a good job. They could start giving the Pats issues. If the Jets grab Romo, that could be interesting for the next couple of years as well.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    KC and Raiders have an "easier" schedule because they play the Broncos (9-7) 2x. The Broncos is "tougher" because the Chiefs and Raiders had better records last year and we have to play each 2x. Bad luck to be facing the NFCE the one year we're not playing a 1st place schedule. NE* will of course never have a tough schedule because of how weak the AFCE is.
    We will agree to disagree,
    The Chefs have Pit (11-5) and Houston (9-7)
    The Faiders have Ravens (8-8) and Ten (9-7)
    We have Cincy (6-9)and Indy (8-8)

I'll take Cincy and Indy

None of the teams "scare me" but I think The Chefs have to play the better teams. Between us and Oak imo it is a toss up. I expect both Ravens and Cincy will improve but neither stands out much above the other to me. The Titans are up and comers with a good bit of talent on that roster and I expect them to be much improved this year. The Colts have Luck and otherwise they need a lot of help, but Luck is Luck and he makes up for a lot. So I'll leave it even.

While I get your point about playing each other, I would argue we are a pretty good opponent ourselves who should be much improved and to a point facing each other inside the division is a must anyway so they are all common opponents. What makes 1 schedule harder than another will be the non common oppenents
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 02-17-2017 at 10:40 AM.

I don't think our schedule is that bad. No one can control who we play, but they can control where. We get NE, DAL, and NYG at home, which is favorable. We have to go to WAS and IND, but I'd rather play in WAS than DAL, and IND could be a total trainwreck next year for all we know. We have to go to Miami too, but who here really thinks Miami is going to be any good next year? Having a tough schedule just comes with the territory when you're in a good division like the AFCW. We should be grateful that we get to play the two 1 seeds at home next year.

Part of me has thought that the tougher schedules make us a tougher team, but I'd rather be like NE and have a cupcake schedule and cruise to the playoffs EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Saw this. Not surprised. Same story every year with some teams. Top 4 hardest schedules belong to our division. That gives me a sense of pride knowing our division is as tough as it is.

Funny how 3 out of 4 AFC East teams are on the top 10. I guess when you cheat, winning is just easier.

Impossible to know who has the "toughest" schedule yet. It should be the broncos play the biggest combined win totals from the previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I don't think our schedule is that bad. No one can control who we play, but they can control where. We get NE, DAL, and NYG at home, which is favorable. We have to go to WAS and IND, but I'd rather play in WAS than DAL, and IND could be a total trainwreck next year for all we know. We have to go to Miami too, but who here really thinks Miami is going to be any good next year? Having a tough schedule just comes with the territory when you're in a good division like the AFCW. We should be grateful that we get to play the two 1 seeds at home next year.
    I hate going into Miami. I swear Denver is cursed there.