Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Something tells me that the AFCW alone will look much different than last season. The San Diego Chargers moving will change the division the most. Can the Raiders pick back up from there collapse from last Season? Same with other divisions; With the exception of NE, teams change from year to year. NE stays much more consistent from year to year.

If we lose to the chiefs twice again I am going to slit my wrists

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Maybe find a different coping mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    A mechanical wrist slitter?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    They prefer to be called the Chefs. Googily moogily.

Some may not get this reference.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    They prefer to be called the Chefs. Googily moogily.

Some may not get this reference.
    I remember that, haha I think it was the last time the chefs got any real recognition lol

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    The NFL posted the graphic linked below, showing the top-10 hardest schedules in the NFL for next season, and of course, Denver is in the #1 spot. I really don't understand how the Broncos' schedule can be harder than the Chiefs' and Raiders' schedules, when those two teams finished ahead of Denver in the AFC West in 2016. Also, note that neither team who appeared in the Super Bowl shows up on this list. So much for fairness in scheduling.

I guess if you think about it this way....

Since they finished above us and since they are in the same division as us, we're not as tough of an opponent as they are so from the perspective of the Broncos we're playing teams that are better than us (bear with me) and they're playing teams with lesser records.

Since divisional games are 2 per season per team, it magnifies.

Really about 1/3 of the season is against division rivals.

Another 1/3 is against a different division that all of the afcw has to play. Some at home some on the road.

The last 1/3 is not random but probably chosen by schedulers to make things interesting and Strength of Scheduling stuff.

But the idea that the Broncos schedule is harder than our division rivals is probably a direct result of us finishing behind them. Granted at first thought the teams who finished with better records should have tougher schedules but in this case maybe since the AFCW was so much better than most of the NFL and how the records ended up - we end up with the toughest schedule

Doesn't bother me at all though. Every preseason we see tough schedules that end up being not so tough in the end. And other schedules that appear easier, end up being a lot tougher because some teams improve and some regress

I wouldn't worry too much about it since it's not much more than something to chat about

Wonder how easy the Patriots schedule is this season ....
    Last edited by dizzolve; 03-03-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I guess if you think about it this way....

Since they finished above us and since they are in the same division as us, we're not as tough of an opponent as they are so from the perspective of the Broncos we're playing teams that are better than us (bear with me) and they're playing teams with lesser records.

Since divisional games are 2 per season per team, it magnifies.

Really about 1/3 of the season is against division rivals.

Another 1/3 is against a different division that all of the afcw has to play. Some at home some on the road.

The last 1/3 is not random but probably chosen by schedulers to make things interesting and Strength of Scheduling stuff.

But the idea that the Broncos schedule is harder than our division rivals is probably a direct result of us finishing behind them. Granted at first thought the teams who finished with better records should have tougher schedules but in this case maybe since the AFCW was so much better than most of the NFL and how the records ended up - we end up with the toughest schedule

Doesn't bother me at all though. Every preseason we see tough schedules that end up being not so tough in the end. And other schedules that appear easier, end up being a lot tougher because some teams improve and some regress

I wouldn't worry too much about it since it's not much more than something to chat about

Wonder how easy the Patriots schedule is this season ....
    Yep, 14 out of 16 games are the same for all teams in a division. The 2 others are playing the two team that finished in the same spot as you in the conference divisions that you're not playing that year.

So KC's schedule is lower because they're playing a 9-7 Denver twice, while Denver is higher because they have to face 12-4 KC and 12-4 Oakland. But Denver faces 6-9-1 Cincy and 8-8 Indy while KC faces 11-5 Pittsburgh and 9-7 Houston.

So in reality Denver has a lesser schedule than KC when you compare the 14 games they don't play against each other.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That made me actually laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Thanks for the belly laughs.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

What else is new? Always seems like we are top 5 in toughest schedules.

The AFC West is once again the toughest Division in the NFL, so it is obvious all 4 are in the top. The divisions that the Cheatriots and Falcons are in? Yeah, not so much! I really wouldn't want it any other way would you? When they win the division and win it all, it will be just that much sweeter! I just wish we could play NE in the regular season AND the Super Bowl, just so they could get their butts kicked as many times as possible by their "Daddy" the Broncos!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    Something tells me that the AFCW alone will look much different than last season. The San Diego Chargers moving will change the division the most. Can the Raiders pick back up from there collapse from last Season? Same with other divisions; With the exception of NE, teams change from year to year. NE stays much more consistent from year to year.
    I know it seems like the Patriots have been good forever, but they will have their time soon. Tammy Brady will not be able to play at this level for too many more years, and they will come back to the pack. I still believe the West will excellent again this year, with 3 teams at or close to 10 wins or more, and at least 2 teams in the Playoffs.
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    What else is new? Always seems like we are top 5 in toughest schedules.
    While New England always ends up with one of the easiest schedules.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    The AFC West is once again the toughest Division in the NFL, so it is obvious all 4 are in the top. The divisions that the Cheatriots and Falcons are in? Yeah, not so much! I really wouldn't want it any other way would you? When they win the division and win it all, it will be just that much sweeter! I just wish we could play NE in the regular season AND the Super Bowl, just so they could get their butts kicked as many times as possible by their "Daddy" the Broncos!
    NFC East is pretty tough, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus