Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't see our schedule as overly bad at all. As has been mentioned, playing The Patsies and Dallas at home works in our favour, and the road show does not look too menacing. Key to the situation are the following:
    1) The competitiveness of our own Division.....and for the record, it is a pretty solid group!
    2) That schedule comparisons are at best a projection of last year's finishes, so (as has also been mentioned), one never knows who will rise or fall, or even stay the same roughly, year over year. Injuries happen, teams lose momentum, chemistry takes a setback, and coaches can lose the room. Conversely, some teams surprise by making good strides. We do not know who they are yet.
    3) The Denver Broncos taking things into their own hands!

Schedules are always interesting but until teams finally have a full roster in the beginning of September, their makeup: strengths and weaknesses, are hard to determine this far out.

The bigger issue for me is what kind of team do we put on the field next season? We cannot have a repeat of last year's product. I guess we'll know by how much depth we decide to keep for punting

The division has become tougher and the Broncos are the only team in the divison without an established starting QB.

The NFC East did not make things easier because the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins have productive QBs that can put points on the board and challenge our offense to do the same. Carson Wentz is still a question mark to me, he had a promising start but faded badly late in the season; Siemian had a better season overall.

The rise of the AFC West and the challenging schedule have Elway's attention, no doubt. I want to see if he really has faith in Siemian making a big jump this season to put the team back in contention or if there will be a certain veteran QB coming to make sure the offense will move the chains.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by IAMRED View Post
    I hate going into Miami. I swear Denver is cursed there.
    Yep. We've had ONE victory there ever and it was essentially a "home game" for us thanks to Tebow!

Overall, Miami leads the series 11-6-1
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Last year was last year, most teams will be vastly different. Hard to tell how hard the schedule is until teams are down to the final 53.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Last year was last year, most teams will be vastly different. Hard to tell how hard the schedule is until teams are down to the final 53.
    Exactly. This idea that some team has the "hardest schedule" in February is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    We will agree to disagree,
    The Chefs have Pit (11-5) and Houston (9-7)
    The Faiders have Ravens (8-8) and Ten (9-7)
    We have Cincy (6-9)and Indy (8-8)

I'll take Cincy and Indy

None of the teams "scare me" but I think The Chefs have to play the better teams. Between us and Oak imo it is a toss up. I expect both Ravens and Cincy will improve but neither stands out much above the other to me. The Titans are up and comers with a good bit of talent on that roster and I expect them to be much improved this year. The Colts have Luck and otherwise they need a lot of help, but Luck is Luck and he makes up for a lot. So I'll leave it even.

While I get your point about playing each other, I would argue we are a pretty good opponent ourselves who should be much improved and to a point facing each other inside the division is a must anyway so they are all common opponents. What makes 1 schedule harder than another will be the non common oppenents
    I agree, but was just making the point that our schedule is ranked numerically toughest because of the disparity of records last season.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    We will agree to disagree,
    The Chefs have Pit (11-5) and Houston (9-7)
    The Faiders have Ravens (8-8) and Ten (9-7)
    We have Cincy (6-9)and Indy (8-8)

I'll take Cincy and Indy

None of the teams "scare me" but I think The Chefs have to play the better teams. Between us and Oak imo it is a toss up. I expect both Ravens and Cincy will improve but neither stands out much above the other to me. The Titans are up and comers with a good bit of talent on that roster and I expect them to be much improved this year. The Colts have Luck and otherwise they need a lot of help, but Luck is Luck and he makes up for a lot. So I'll leave it even.

While I get your point about playing each other, I would argue we are a pretty good opponent ourselves who should be much improved and to a point facing each other inside the division is a must anyway so they are all common opponents. What makes 1 schedule harder than another will be the non common oppenents
    But your opinion of the teams is irrelevant when the graphic is measuring purely on records of the teams each face.

That's all he was pointing out. Ours is graded harder because we play two 12 win teams in our division twice and they each get to replace one 12 win team with us twice.

Opinion on us is obviously subjective but the graphic bases it on the records.

Every year around Jan-Aug we have the "hardest schedule next year"

It is said when the div standings are finalized

Once again when free agency has completed its initial 10 day frenzy....again after the draft. Again during preseason.

Then the seasons starts and about 2-3 more times again we will have the "hardest schedule" for a period of time

My point...depending on ones perception our schedule is the hardest many times throughout the year regardless of how hard it actually will be..(which we really will not know until after the games have been played)
    "You need the highs and the lows," he says. "Because if it gets this way" -- he draws a flat line in the air -- "it kind of feels like you're not really doing anything." - John Elway

Gotta love how the AFC west is all four of the top spots

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Gotta love how the AFC west is all four of the top spots
    Followed by three AFCE and three NFCE teams. It's a theme.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

This is actually good news we will come out of it with a possible high draft pick and we can rebuild with a young team. I am giving our coach seasons to develop this team