Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    I was attempting a joke - obviously it fell flat. My error.
    Yours wasn't so bad...It was your buddy we're all annoyed with.

You tend to be somewhat ok as pats fans go. TB12 is obnoxious and has to insert his "smack" into every thread even if it's off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the rumor is ingram wants near von miller money and if that's true he is as good as gone. he's going to get paid and with his injury history i think it would be a huge gamble to sign him to a big money contract especially when you consider the other issues the team needs to address.

i don't think he will be tagged, i think he's likely hitting the open market.

do i think it will cause bosa to take a step back? no but our pass rush as a whole could and probably would to a certain degree.

i am willing to trade that for an improved OL if that's what it takes.
    But he shows so many flashes...Isn't that enough to get him paid like Von Baph?

the rumor is ingram wants near von miller money and if that's true he is as good as gone. he's going to get paid and with his injury history i think it would be a huge gamble to sign him to a big money contract especially when you consider the other issues the team needs to address.

do i think it will cause bosa to take a step back? no but our pass rush as a whole could and probably would to a certain degree.

The notion that any of this year's defensive Free Agents want "Von Miller Money" is amusing to me. There are a handful of defensive players that have near the same effect Von does when they are healthy and on the field.

Khalil Mack is going to make more than Von Miller Money because of when he'll be signed and his overall effect on the game.

If JJ Watt comes back to be JJ Watt his next contract will probably balloon above Von's as well. Outside of those 2 players I don't really see another current defensive player in the league deserving of "Von Miller Money".

Now in the current NFL this could not matter but a team would be crazy to pay Ingram even 70% of what Von got.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    The notion that any of this year's defensive Free Agents want "Von Miller Money" is amusing to me. There are a handful of defensive players that have near the same effect Von does when they are healthy and on the field.

Khalil Mack is going to make more than Von Miller Money because of when he'll be signed and his overall effect on the game.

If JJ Watt comes back to be JJ Watt his next contract will probably balloon above Von's as well. Outside of those 2 players I don't really see another current defensive player in the league deserving of "Von Miller Money".

Now in the current NFL this could not matter but a team would be crazy to pay Ingram even 70% of what Von got.
    Does he deserve it? No, do teams pay players well above what they deserve? All the freaking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Does he deserve it? No, do teams pay players well above what they deserve? All the freaking time.
    100% the truth. I just think if I were a team and a guy asked for a contract as big as Von's he better have the same effect as Von does or I'm not offering him that much.

100% the truth. I just think if I were a team and a guy asked for a contract as big as Von's he better have the same effect as Von does or I'm not offering him that much.
    The problem is, there are a lot of teams with money who are desperate to find a star player. They'll pay a guy off one good season because they think he'll repeat in a non-contract year. The players never do and owners never learn.

well to stick up for Ingram, there was a pro football fantasy stat article few years ago that listed ingram as a top 10 pass rusher
    that alone proves hes worth von miller money...then the fact that in 2015 he had more tackles than von seals it

plus he single handedly revived the rare and ancient spin move...money!!

Yours wasn't so bad...It was your buddy we're all annoyed with.

You tend to be somewhat ok as pats fans go. TB12 is obnoxious and has to insert his "smack" into every thread even if it's off topic.
    Like you guys were nice to us when talking smack to us last year? It's just payback.

he was one of the best graded edge rushers in the NFL last season according to pff, so maybe next time when i talk about flashes of greatness you guys might want to listen?

just like i said back then, his problem is staying healthy. when healthy he is a very good player, near top 5 quality, like last season.

even if he was to stay healthy i wouldn't want to give him that kind of money, that is too much money to tie into a player that doesn't play the QB position.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Like you guys were nice to us when talking smack to us last year? It's just payback.
    don't mind frey, he takes smack talking dead serious

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    plus he single handedly revived the rare and ancient spin move...money!!
    hilarious you guys want to bring this up when i have been proven right. yeah i talked about ingram's flashes of great play and guess what? dude was dominating last season and that's why he is about to get paid 17+ per year at least.

oh and go look up what Vic Beasley said about freeney, which is almost exactly the same thing ingram said. freeney should be a LB'ers coach after he retires, he has now helped multiple young edge rushers and yes the spin move is a big part of that.

i even posted an article where ingram talks about freeney teaching him how to utilize that spin move better and how to be a pro and play the position, yet you guys still want to talk like i wasn't right all along?

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    well to stick up for Ingram, there was a pro football fantasy stat article few years ago that listed ingram as a top 10 pass rusher
    that alone proves hes worth von miller money...then the fact that in 2015 he had more tackles than von seals it
    according to pff ingram was the #6 ranked edge defender in the NFL last season. oh and that fantasy "stat" you are referring to was an article i linked, i didn't link it for the stats, i linked it because of the written article which you clearly never read.

the guy talked about other things being important to a pass rushers other than just sack numbers, something you are incapable of seeing beyond.

which is why pff had ingram ranked so high yet he only has 8 sacks and a better grade than the year before when he had 10.5 sacks, why do you think that is?
    Last edited by baphamet; 02-21-2017 at 01:40 PM.

its even too much for von to get payed like von lol

not because he isn't a great player but because he is too susceptible to injury due to the position he plays. you guys may get lucky and he may end up staying relatively healthy but its indeed a gamble IMO

The problem is, there are a lot of teams with money who are desperate to find a star player. They'll pay a guy off one good season because they think he'll repeat in a non-contract year. The players never do and owners never learn.
    ingram only had 8 sacks last season, according to arapaho and others that wasn't a good season at all, i wonder why everyone is saying he had such a great season?

dude had more sacks the year before, how come last year was better? oh and in case you couldn't tell, i already know the answer, just want to see you clowns admit it