Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    What's up with the crowd though? The first two games we sell out which is understandable cause it's opening day weekend but the stadium seems empty tonight

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    What's up with the crowd though? The first two games we sell out which is understandable cause it's opening day weekend but the stadium seems empty tonight
    I'm in the stands, and it's a chilly Monday night...and the Padres. They never draw well in the first month unless it's a premier team.

Going to the game today, and in a couple vs the Nats.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Going to the game today, and in a couple vs the Nats.
    Have fun! I'm going to try and go to quite a few this year.

W today would be a great start... would be 6-3, possibly bump us back to #1 in NL West?
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

I know it's early but we can not lose this series to the Padres with a tough stretch of road games coming up. We need these next 2.

Even though he gave up that leadoff hr I really like this Senzatela guy. Looks like he may have a bright future with us. Now can the Offense do anything?

All 6 wins have been saved by closers this year. They are 6 for 6.

A year ago this team is 3-6 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    All 6 wins have been saved by closers this year. They are 6 for 6.

A year ago this team is 3-6 right now.
    Has anyone seen Greg Holland smile after one of his saves this season? "Closer" may be an understatement. He seems like a serious guy.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Has anyone seen Greg Holland smile after one of his saves this season? "Closer" may be an understatement. He seems like a serious guy.
    I find that those tend to be the types you want as closers. Down to business and take it personally. If I remember correctly Eric Gagne was that way when he went on his 86 consecutive successful saves streak.

Some of them get emotional where they yell and what not. But I don't know that I've seen the games best closers do a lot of smiling.

This offense is abysmal right now

As good as the Rockies pen has been the starting pitching has been absolute trash

Gray and Senzatela have pitched well. Anderson has been mediocre, Freeland had 1 decent start and this garbage today. Chatwood has looked like poop.

Holland pulled it together last night after putting 2 runners on. What is wrong with out hitting? Story is hurt or something, he's been terrible this year. We need Dahl, Murphy and Desmond healthy in a bad way.

Bud Black may no how to manage a bull pen but he has destroyed a league top offense through 10 games.

So we have a great bull pen and now our hitting sucks. Why can't we be good at both? Our rotation is young so they will have there struggles but I see the potential there