Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Talib trade

Talib trade

I in no way want to trade this guy. I freaking love his intensity that he brings to our team! I don't think his salary is to high. I literally see no reason to trade this guy. However I have read two reports just today, involving the Miami Dolphins being interested in trading for a premier corner.. And linking talib.

So if we did trade him.. What's his worth? Would we want players or picks? Like I stated I hope this is false.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I in no way want to trade this guy. I freaking love his intensity that he brings to our team! I don't think his salary is to high. I literally see no reason to trade this guy. However I have read two reports just today, involving the Miami Dolphins being interested in trading for a premier corner.. And linking talib.

So if we did trade him.. What's his worth? Would we want players or picks? Like I stated I hope this is false.
    I heard about this on 104.3 and I believe they asked Troy Renck( may be confusing with someone else they interviewed but I believe it was him) and he said he believes they would go after draft picks. That being said, he said this trade would never happened for a couple reasons. He said he asked John Elway about trading away a top defender and he basically told him no way. The second reason would be that he was considered the best corner last year. We have him at a real friendly cap hit with 11 million this year, 10 million this year and I believe he said 8 million his final year. 11 million for the top rated corner according to a lot of people is cheap. I can see Denver trading him away after this year or his final year.

If Talib is traded, we riot!

Sounds like teams are spit balling to see what sticks. The rumor also suggests a Sherman trade to Miami as well.

We have little incentive this year to trade Talib. His cap is very manageable for all he brings.

As for Miami, I am not sure their biggest need is an outside CB so this doesn't really make sense.

I also saw a rumor of a Von trade to ATL. It was just speculation with validity, but they said for 2 1sts, and a 2nd.

I doubt if Miami would give a lot until they were satisfied that Talib won't face a suspension.

In any case whatsoever, I would never trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Sounds like teams are spit balling to see what sticks. The rumor also suggests a Sherman trade to Miami as well.

We have little incentive this year to trade Talib. His cap is very manageable for all he brings.

As for Miami, I am not sure their biggest need is an outside CB so this doesn't really make sense.
    A 1st Round Pick from Atlanta would be like a 2nd Round Pick if they have another great season. And a 2nd will be like a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    If Talib is traded, we riot!
    "A riot iss an ugly think. Und vunce you get one schtarted, there iss little chance of stopping it short of bloodshed. I think before we go around killing people, we had better make damn sure of our evidence ... und vee had better confirm the fact that yunk Frankenstein is indeed following in his grandfather's footsteps!" ~ Inspector Kemp
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Washington gave us champ bailey in his young prime so anything is possible.

With that said unless its a first and a player or two we can plug into the starting rotation I dont see it. Trading him simply for a pick is admitting we have no chance at contending and are in rebuild mode.

I'm not saying do it, but I can see the reasoning behind it if we feel Roby is ready for a full time gig. Have to make a decision on 5th year option with him and it could be the reason a report about us trying tor re-sign Webster came out.

Talia's cap number is not that big, but if we were looking to reallocate cap to DL/OL, I could see it.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Washington gave us champ bailey in his young prime so anything is possible.

With that said unless its a first and a player or two we can plug into the starting rotation I dont see it. Trading him simply for a pick is admitting we have no chance at contending and are in rebuild mode.
    How many times has Belichick traded players seemingly in their prime for picks (usually lower than I think Denver would get here) and be shown correct? Sometimes it's better to do the unpopular thing and move a depreciating asset than it is to keep everyone happy.

As Darrelle Revis showed this year, when it goes, it can go very very quickly.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Only way I trade Talib is if I get Joe Thomas in return with a 4th round pick.

If he is traded, then the defense loses a key member there.
    MAY DAY MAY DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    How many times has Belichick traded players seemingly in their prime for picks (usually lower than I think Denver would get here) and be shown correct? Sometimes it's better to do the unpopular thing and move a depreciating asset than it is to keep everyone happy.

As Darrelle Revis showed this year, when it goes, it can go very very quickly.
    Bill does many things that isn't easily emulated by others.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Bill does many things that isn't easily emulated by others.
    And he's not always right when he does them. But he's not scared to take the risk, and his philosophy is that he'd rather get rid of a player a little early than keep him too long.

If the Broncos could get a first or a first + for Talib, I think they have to entertain the idea, 31 year old is getting old for a corner, especially one who relies on speed as a big part of his game.

I get that I'm in the minority with that opinion.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."