Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Are we really not considering Cutler???

I never thought I'd be saying this, but if there's serious consideration for bringing in someone like Romo, who's made of glass, is there really no thought of Cutler?

His leadership hasn't been the greatest and his decision making has been suspect from time to time. However, one thing for sure is he can move the chains. Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I was seriously worried about our offense last year, because I didn't see how our defense could be that dominant again and had doubt we could score many points on O. Even after the 4-0, I wasn't convinced. Many are saying be patient with Siemian, but I'm just not a fan of letting this defense and the playmakers we have on offense age while we hope Trevor catches on. I feel like we have a lot of tools on offense (two pro bowl WRs and a pro bowl RB) but a QB that at best will be Alex Smith 2.0.

Again, I'm not really a Cutler fan, but at this point, I just want a guy that can move the chains. I'm not even really worried about putting up 35 points a game, but keeping the offense on the field. I'm tired of these consistent 3 and out drives which limit our chances to score and doesn't allow the defense to rest. Cutler's salary is only supposed to be around $12 mil and isn't guaranteed. He'll likely be cut, and if Elway can get his price down to around 8-10, with incentives, I think I pull the trigger on a 2 year deal, and then look to turn it over to Lynch.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 02-22-2017 at 07:28 AM.

I would really consider him depending on price of the trade. He was really good with weapons in Marshall and Jeffery. I think with an improved OL and our WRs he would do well. I would take him over Romo really, but I was one of the few who have always been a fan of his.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I would really consider him depending on price of the trade. He was really good with weapons in Marshall and Jeffery. I think with an improved OL and our WRs he would do well. I would take him over Romo really, but I was one of the few who have always been a fan of his.
    Agreed. I think it'll depend on where his head is and if he really wants to win. He has the skill set and can make all the throws. DT and Sanders are both threats taking a hitch or slant to the house or they take the top off and go deep. A QB like Cutler can get them the ball. His salary is only $12 mil this season and he's likely getting cut. I'd definitely take him over Romo. I've just heard very little about the possibility in Denver.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 02-22-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Tony is not nearly as physically gifted as Jay and that is saying a lot because Tony is pretty darn talented physically.

Anyway I feel that Tony is the better quarterback because you can trust him more, outside of his inability to stay healthy he would be my choice over Cutler even though Cutler has all the physical tools to be a superstar even to this day.

But hey maybe Mike McCoy could actually do something with him. We never got to see it when Josh Mcidiot was brought on board but perhaps we'll see it now with Mike McCoy the second time around and Cutler was pretty darn good under Mike Shanahan.

Cutler's "leadership hasn't been the greatest"?

That has to be the biggest under-statement of the century.

What we saw from Cutler when he was in Denver was a crying, sulking QB with the worst "body-language" of any NFL Player that I have ever seen. And that hasn't changed one iota in Chicago. Under the definition of "locker-room Cancer" in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, you will find a photograph of Jay Cutler.

And what else do you get from Cutler besides his horrible attitude? You get a "Type 1" Diabetic. And although with a strict diet, a Diabetic person can play a professional sport, I can't help but remember seeing numerous photos of Cutler holding a mixed drink in his hand, with bloodshot eyes, AFTER the Diabetes diagnosis. Alcohol and Diabetes don't go well together. And now he is in his mid-30s.

I wouldn't touch the guy with a 10-foot pole.
    Last edited by gtown53; 02-22-2017 at 08:45 AM.

The funny thing is, with this defense and these WRs, we probably win the division with Cutler at QB.

I think it would be easier to get the veteran players on board with a potential playoff run with Cutler than tell them to be patient while Trevor Siemian goes through more growing pains in a new system.

But...

1) The bridge is burned. Like really burned to the ground.

2) It's not worth trading for Cutler's salary ($12.5 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus) and give up a draft pick when the Bears are about to release him; teams should wait for him to become a free agent. And then, why would he want to come back to Denver after everything that happened?

The obvious destination is the 49ers, with John Lynch as GM and Kyle Shanahan as HC.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I cannot believe anyone would want that clown back??? Let him pout, sulk, and drain the energy out of someone else's locker room.
    Welcome Vance Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Cutler's "leadership hasn't been the greatest"?

That has to be the biggest under-statement of the century.

What we saw from Cutler when he was in Denver was a crying, sulking QB with the worst "body-language" of any NFL Player that I have ever seen. And that hasn't changed one iota in Chicago. Under the definition of "locker-room Cancer" in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, you will find a photograph of Jay Cutler.

And what else do you get from Cutler besides his horrible attitude? You get a "Type 1" Diabetic. And although with a strict diet, a Diabetic person can play a professional sport, I can't help but remember seeing numerous photos of Cutler holding a mixed drink in his hand, with bloodshot eyes, AFTER the Diabetes diagnosis. Alcohol and Diabetes don't go well together. And now he is in his mid-30s.

I wouldn't touch the guy with a 10-foot pole.
    To be honest, I'm not really worried about any of that. His Diabetic condition has not kept him off of the field. If Lynch is really the future, any QB we bring in (if we do), will be a short term rental. Is Cutler gonna fall apart in 2 years, I seriously doubt it. Will the defense get extremely frustrated with the offense like they did this past season...doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

2) It's not worth trading for Cutler's salary ($12.5 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus) and give up a draft pick when the Bears are about to release him; teams should wait for him to become a free agent. And then, why would he want to come back to Denver after everything that happened?
    Here's the things, he's very likely getting cut. Unless the 49ers or another team panic and trade instead of waiting until he hits free agency, he'll test the market. If he gets cut with $12.5 salary, I could see him getting less on a new deal.

I understand the history, but much of that began with his distrust with McDaniels. There's a completely new staff here.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    I cannot believe anyone would want that clown back??? Let him pout, sulk, and drain the energy out of someone else's locker room.
    I hear you and I'm not a big Cutler fan, however:

1) Did you see our offense last year? Can you count the amount of 3 and outs? Do you recall how frustrated and pissed our defense looked after seeing our offense stall on 3rd down?

2) There's a serious chance, we're looking at bringing in Tony Romo, who is a good QB, but made of glass. If we're considering a fragile guy like Romo, I have to consider a guy like Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    You think he would win more games than Trev or Lynch? I sure do.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    You think he would win more games than Trev or Lynch? I sure do.
    I honestly do not. When things start to go poorly, Cutler shuts down. He had an incredible amount of physical talent, but could never get his head straight. As poorly as each played at times last season, I never saw Siemian or Lynch give up. I'll even go as far to say one of the few things McD* did right in his tenure here was to recognize Cutler was not a good leader for a football team. I must be in the minority here, but it makes absolutely no sense to bring him back to me. I do not see an upside at all?
    Welcome Vance Joseph

I would love to get Cutler back... but I'm a Vandy grad (from his era) who refuses to give up on him. Something about being SEC Offensive Player of the Year while playing with a bunch of future doctors and lawyers...

My sense is Elway has a very good idea whether this is even worth exploring from an intangible POV (talent and experience- for better or worse- supersedes our current options at the position). That's what it would come down to for me. Elway was considered snotty/aloof for a lot of his career too- but he had the drive of a champion. Does Jay have something more to offer that Elway and McCoy could tap into and he's just been trapped in a QB graveyard of an organization? Or is he beyond hope at this point? Think Elway was brought in to be an informal "mentor" at one point during Jay's tenure w/us but it just never got off the ground. Suspect he knows a ton about the guy...
    Last edited by Southern Bronco; 02-22-2017 at 09:38 AM.

I vote no...Trev or Lynch will be fine if...

O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!!!!!!

Let's let the other team's corners earn their money for a change.
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    I vote no...Trev or Lynch will be fine if...

O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!!!!!!

Let's let the other team's corners earn their money for a change.
    O line definitely matters. However, IMO our offense is a muscle car, with a Chevy Malibu engine (QB). Not a recipe for success.

It worked with Peyton, because our defense was ridiculous that year. Even with limited skills, Peyton could make critical plays at critical times, or change a run at the LOS to move the chains.