Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,995
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Yes, over $40 million. That might be enough for Elway to sign the three W boys: Andrew Whitworth, Ricky Wagner and Larry Warford.

    Ty Sambrailo was starting Left Tackle in 2015. He tore the labrum in his shoulder in game three and required surgery. In the Spring of 2016, he injured his elbow and wasn't able to practice until the end of TC/preseason. He wasn't able to work upper body for over a year. I'm not ready to pull the plug on him ... yet, but he'd better step up pretty soon.

    I am ready to pull the plug on Donald Stephenson. His contract calls for a salary of $5 million in 2017 which is over a million $ more than the combined salaries of Ty Sambrailo, Michael Schofield, Billy Turner, Max Garcia and Connor McGovern. That's an O-Line. Releasing Stephenson would produce an additional $3 million in cap space.
    That $3 million will immediately get back what they'll lose to Okung. He ended up getting $3 million in playing time bonuses in 2016, which will be deducted from the 2017 cap I believe.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,610
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    IF the best player on the board at #20 happens to also be a LT (not likely) then we should grab him. From my perspective I don't think there is any OT in this draft worthy of the 20th pick. I don't think any T is projected to be a starter as a rookie at LT, only RT; maybe I'm wrong?
    With 3 1st-round OTs that are not expected to go in the top 10, I can see one of them being BPA at #20. And I disagree about these prospects not being able to start at LT as rookies. I think one people starts this argument and then it becomes some sort of undisputed truth without much evidence. Draft analysts thought Luke Joeckel, Greg Robinson, etc were good enough to start at LT. They were wrong.

    That means they can also be wrong about this year's OTs potential. The more I watch Cam Robinson, I really don't see why he should not get a chance at LT. I thought he did not have the foot speed to be an OT in the NFL, but I'm not so sure anymore. If it goes wrong, move him to OG. 3 seasons as a starter at LT for Alabama, playing against those SEC edge rushers. Shut down Myles Garrett. I won't be shocked if the Panthers grab him at #8.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,110
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    With 3 1st-round OTs that are not expected to go in the top 10, I can see one of them being BPA at #20. And I disagree about these prospects not being able to start at LT as rookies. I think one people starts this argument and then it becomes some sort of undisputed truth without much evidence. Draft analysts thought Luke Joeckel, Greg Robinson, etc were good enough to start at LT. They were wrong.

    That means they can also be wrong about this year's OTs potential. The more I watch Cam Robinson, I really don't see why he should not get a chance at LT. I thought he did not have the foot speed to be an OT in the NFL, but I'm not so sure anymore. If it goes wrong, move him to OG. 3 seasons as a starter at LT for Alabama, playing against those SEC edge rushers. Shut down Myles Garrett. I won't be shocked if the Panthers grab him at #8.
    Right. Even if Denver signs Andrew Whitworth, they need to draft a Left Tackle prospect they think can be developed. Their board will rank the ones they like. If one is bpa at #20, who knows? Elway might shock us and actually draft an O-Lineman in the first round. If not, there are guys through the fourth round who look like decent prospects.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lochbuie, co
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    With 3 1st-round OTs that are not expected to go in the top 10, I can see one of them being BPA at #20. And I disagree about these prospects not being able to start at LT as rookies. I think one people starts this argument and then it becomes some sort of undisputed truth without much evidence. Draft analysts thought Luke Joeckel, Greg Robinson, etc were good enough to start at LT. They were wrong.

    That means they can also be wrong about this year's OTs potential. The more I watch Cam Robinson, I really don't see why he should not get a chance at LT. I thought he did not have the foot speed to be an OT in the NFL, but I'm not so sure anymore. If it goes wrong, move him to OG. 3 seasons as a starter at LT for Alabama, playing against those SEC edge rushers. Shut down Myles Garrett. I won't be shocked if the Panthers grab him at #8.
    If Cam is there he might be the BPA? I think just about all scouts/writers think that this draft isn't very good at OT/LT so that could be an indicator that taking an OT at #20 is reaching. Lots of good talk about Cam but also some bad talk too. I like his size and run blocking. It looks like we could move back in the 1st and still get a OT/OG and add a 4th. Have to see who is still there at 20 ... as usual.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lochbuie, co
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Right. Even if Denver signs Andrew Whitworth, they need to draft a Left Tackle prospect they think can be developed. Their board will rank the ones they like. If one is bpa at #20, who knows? Elway might shock us and actually draft an O-Lineman in the first round. If not, there are guys through the fourth round who look like decent prospects.
    Agreed, maybe Garrett Bolles in the 2nd? I guess it also depends on what we do in FA.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,110
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Agreed, maybe Garrett Bolles in the 2nd? I guess it also depends on what we do in FA.
    If Garrett Bolles was still there at #51, he might be bpa, but if a Backer isn't taken in the first round I'd rather use the pick at that position.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    10,350
    Sad this whole deal cost us the third round comp pick we all thought we were getting.
    "You need the highs and the lows," he says. "Because if it gets this way" -- he draws a flat line in the air -- "it kind of feels like you're not really doing anything." - John Elway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •