Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

With Okung gone, what now at LT?

Since Okung won't be returning, where do we go from here? I personally hope the Broncos push hard to sign Andrew Whitworth. His comments indicate he is leaning towards re-signing with the Bengals, but he is willing to listen to offers. I hope Elway can convince him to sign with an actual contender before his career ends.

If not Whitworth, then Joe Thomas. I'd give up a 2nd round pick and some change for him, but not a 1st. Like Whitworth, however, he seems loyal to his team.

Ok. Some here may hate the idea of drafting OL in the 1st round, but it may be necessary. With a gaping hole at LT, could we really pass on Cam Robinson, Ryan Ramcyzk, or Garett Bolles if they are available at 20?

If none of the above works out, where else could we go? I certainly don't see any solutions on the current roster. Sambrailo? Heck no. Schofield? Doubtful. In the end I support releasing Okung. I'll trust that Elway will make the right decision.

We can offer Whitworth okungs 12 mill or we resign okung for a much lower number. Im seeing cam Robinson falling past our pick in every mock draft I hope we can get him at #20.

Pure speculation on my part but I think Okung will be signed on a reduced contract. Then sign another like Beachum or Wagner. Not my favorite but even could see a Clady signing.

Still not thinking an o-lineman in the first. All are projects that are not day one starters. Broncos have projects. Prefer an Olineman in the 3rd or 4th .

We have a few options. The most realistic one is going after Whitworth.

Other Options:
    Resign Okung
    Trade for Joe Thomas
    Beachum
    Draft players like Cam Robinson or my favorite tackle Bolles.

Would we get a compensatory draft pick if Okung signs elsewhere?

Trade for Joe Thomas or try to land Wagner I guess.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...kung/413674209

In Okung’s place, the Broncos have in-house candidates Ty Sambrailo, Michael Schofield and Donald Stephenson.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Whitworth makes a ton of sense especially if we draft a guy like Antonio Garcia out of Troy in round two.

Gag. I can't believe out of those guys I'd rather see Schofield at LT.

Yea, can we not do the "in house" option?

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    We will sign more than we lose this year, so doubt we get any comp picks next year.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    I'm thinking no... because he was released

Does Thomas still insist on remaining with the Browns?

And doesn't Whitworth want to stay with the Bengals?

Like I dunno what it is with them wanting to stay with franchises that will have not and will continue to not do anything.

I mean should we examine that closer and see maybe we don't really want these guys as much as they dominate conversation..?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I'm thinking no... because he was released
    Maybe we will. I don't think he really was released. Elway declined an option in the contract, officially making it a 1-year contract. I guess it's similar to a team rescinding a franchise tag, making the player a free agent. The Panthers received a 3rd-round pick for losing Josh Norman.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Maybe we will. I don't think he really was released. Elway declined an option in the contract, officially making it a 1-year contract. I guess it's similar to a team rescinding a franchise tag, making the player a free agent. The Panthers received a 3rd-round pick for losing Josh Norman.
    If it was a true option that the Broncos declined then it should count towards the comp pick count. Darrelle Revis counted towards the Patriots comp pick count after they declined his option.

http://nesn.com/2016/03/patriots-awa...team-10-total/
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."