Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Agreed. I didn't bother to watch the video, because I don't care what any NFL player does in the offseason, as long as it's led to no broken laws or arrests. (and by broken laws I mean wrong doing that wasn't caught). I'm guessing he's drunk? Is he of legal age? yes. Did he drive while intoxicated? It appears no. Was he arrested? No.

I'm not sure why it's a story?
    Exactly! It's actually sad how because everyone has a video recorder on their cell phones, EVERYTHING becomes a story. I mean the guy was out partying having a great time. It's not like he was being a jerk, broke laws, etc..... Last I recalled these guys are people too. Mid-twenties people at that! It's the off-season and once OTA's and "voluntary" workouts start, it's a long grind to February 2018. So relax , enjoy the spoils of NFL life as an mid-twenties millionaire DT!
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Demaryius Thomas has room for improvement, that can be observed through drops.

Given that, he still had 1,000 yards, and without both his and Sanders' production we would have been a bottom 5 offense in the NFL. For what he means to our O, he is only slightly overpaid, if at all.
    Question: Last year D. Thomas' cap number was $15.2M
    with 90 receptions for 1,083 yards and five touchdowns
    with two fumbles and seven drops.

Do you think his per game of 66.7 yards at near $1M
    is "only slightly overpaid"?

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post

With who he had throwing him the ball. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/06/demary...mas-tom-brady/

Not a flattering video of a 7 year pro.
    Not flattering that people actually care that much about what these guys are doing in their free time.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post

And the season where he had 92 catches for 1430 yards and 14 touchdowns and only made $836,500 (salary cap hit of just under $2.6 million) he was greatly underpaid. So I guess it evens out.

Not to mention the year he had 111 catches for 1619 yards and 11 touchdowns and made $3.25 million (cap hit of $4.7 million) he was also probably underpaid.

Now hopefully all of the balancing out is done and in 2017 he has a more productive year.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Am I reading this right? DT only had 7 drops?

Can we get a recount if that's accurate.

And the season where he had 92 catches for 1430 yards and 14 touchdowns and only made $836,500 (salary cap hit of just under $2.6 million) he was greatly underpaid. So I guess it evens out.

Not to mention the year he had 111 catches for 1619 yards and 11 touchdowns and made $3.25 million (cap hit of $4.7 million) he was also probably underpaid.

Now hopefully all of the balancing out is done and in 2017 he has a more productive year.
    The Broncos gambled on him in R1, and it worked. The Broncos gambled on him via free agency/extension at nearly $1M a game, and it looks like it's not working out as hoped as his production decreased. I'll conclude that I don't care how much money D. Thomas gets paid, but DEN could have paid someone less money to average 66.7 yards a game.

Were those the years he had Manning throwing him the ball? Yea never gunna get those numbers again, or even close to.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Were those the years he had Manning throwing him the ball? Yea never gunna get those numbers again, or even close to.
    He would with Romo throwing him the ball..............
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    He would with Romo throwing him the ball..............
    Hard for Romo to throw DT the ball while on I/R.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Demaryius Thomas has room for improvement, that can be observed through drops.

Given that, he still had 1,000 yards, and without both his and Sanders' production we would have been a bottom 5 offense in the NFL. For what he means to our O, he is only slightly overpaid, if at all.
    We may as well have been a bottom 5 offense. We were a Superbowl champion team who failed to make the playoffs. Pathetic. DT played better this year than the year before. Big deal. He gets paid to be a star on the field. He doesn't always play like a star on the field. If you're being paid $8-14 million a season to catch the ball, then do whatever it takes to CATCH that ball. A good QB earns his high salary though his increased workload on and off the field. A receiver earns his salary by CATCHING the freakin' ball. Sanders isn't perfect either, but he always leaves me feeling like he gave it all and he's taken ridiculous hits out there -- many that he knew were coming. A good portion of those hits had me cringing and almost sick to my stomach thinking about how hard those collisions were. I've seen VERY little of that kind of dedication from DT. If Sanders is a Labrador Retriever (regarding dedication to fetching), then DT is a St. Bernard. Might be big, likeable and friendly... but he's certainly not living up to his receiving potential.

And yes... I do agree that all of our receivers had to put-up with trying to catch garbage throws this year and last. It's about heart and I just see a LOT more of that in Sanders' play than I do Thomas'.
    Last edited by Red_Label; 03-09-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

7 drops and about a dozen balls he just didn't feel the need to go after...
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    7 drops and about a dozen balls he just didn't feel the need to go after...
    Yup. Sanders would have been laid-out going for most of those balls. DT just mailed it in. Guess he wants to be 100% healthy while he's spending his millions. If that's the case, he should have gone into business or some safer pursuit. Football is a meat-grinder... even with all of the crazy rules favoring offenses, and arbitrary enforcement of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

It feels like more because the people on this board that don't like him make a huge deal about every mistake he makes and decide to ignore all of the positives.