Broncos sign DE Bobby Richardson

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Looking for additional depth along the defensive line, the Broncos signed second-year defensive end Bobby Richardson on Friday.

A 6-foot-3, 286-pounder, Richardson projects as a 3- and 5-technique end in the Broncos' scheme. He spent the 2016 season on the practice squads of three teams: the New Orleans Saints, the Washington Redskins and finally, the Kansas City Chiefs, a team he joined on Oct. 25 before being released on Nov. 9.

The 24-year-old Richardson brings first-team experience, starting 11 games for the Saints in 2015. He notched 40 total tackles, a half-sack, one pass breakup and an interception. ProFootballFocus.com created him with nine quarterback hurries and 20 total stops.

Blessed with long arms, Richardson's 34 5/8-inch arms were the fourth-longest of any of the 55 defensive linemen measured at the 2015 Scouting Combine.

A product of Plant H.S. in Tampa, Fla. and Indiana University, Richardson broke into the league as an undrafted signee by the Saints on May 4, 2015. He remained with them until they released him at the final cutdown last September.

Richardson was a team captain at Indiana in 2014, recording 5.5 sacks and 9.5 tackles for losses in his senior season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-3883723f45e6
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

At first blush it seems like a depth player for TC, that they hope might develop into someone they can use, but is more likely to end up not making the team. It would be nice if he turned out to be a Brandon Marshall, who comes in and becomes a player.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Great addition...competition creates excellence, and we may lose a couple D-linemen. He was a team captain as well so the leadership is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    At first blush it seems like a depth player for TC, that they hope might develop into someone they can use, but is more likely to end up not making the team. It would be nice if he turned out to be a Brandon Marshall, who comes in and becomes a player.
    It's always a possibility. More depth on the defensive line is much needed, so it's a welcome addition for TC and preseason, whether he makes the roster or not.

Low risk guy with a bit of upside. Seems like a solid pre-free agency addition.

I like the idea of grabbing warm bodies and throwing them at the D-Line. We need competition there. We also need adequate depth as a unit. I really don't want to see rosters with one Defensive Tackle on them ever again.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

I was watching some of his highlights from Indiana in 2015 and he appears to have very quick hands and extremely long arms. He has a nose for the ball and can find the RB's in traffic.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I was watching some of his highlights from Indiana in 2015 and he appears to have very quick hands and extremely long arms.
    Yes. Arm length = 34 5/8". That's outstanding for a 6'2 5/8" lineman.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...son?id=2552677

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2015&genpos=dt

He weighed 283 pounds at the Combine. That was Malik Jackson's weight at the 2012 Combine and Malik is almost 6'5". NFL Draft Scout had Richardson ranked as the #16 DT in his class, projected as a 5th-round pick.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607