Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Big Trevor Siemian News on 104.3

Cecil Lammey
    ‏@CecilLammey

Following
    More
    Cecil Lammey Retweeted 104.3 The FAN
    you do not want to miss this. Big news on the #Broncos QB situation right off the top.
    Big rumor up next... supposedly

104.3 The FAN
    ‏@1043TheFan

Following
    More
    Today, right at noon- @bstokley14 has HUGE news on Trevor Siemian. You do not want to miss it! #Broncos
    Will post more as it comes

Wow. Siemian out 5-6 months to recover from his a Grade 5 (Severe) AC sprain.

Very possible Siemian will not throw a football until June.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Stokley says Siemian's injury was a grade 5 AC issue. Much more serious than the team has let on. May not be able to throw or practice until training camp.

So Denver will likely add 2 more QBs for the offseason then. I guess this will force the front office to decide on Lynch's ability to play in 2017, if they don't think he'll be ready they need to go get a vet who can be.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Silver lining to all of this...
    1) Explains Siemian's second half regression this season
    2) Lynch will get every chance this offseason to impress with the first team

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Wow. Siemian out 5-6 months to recover from his a Grade 5 (Severe) AC sprain.

Very possible Siemian will not throw a football until June.
    Man...That's incredibly disheartening.

Looks like the Romo to Denver rumors just grew some real teeth all the sudden...smh...

I still think Josh McCown would be a great guy to bring in to help mentor Trevor and Paxton.

Disappointed for Siemian. Seems like a solid young man that just can't stay healthy. Wish him well in his recovery.

Overall I am encouraged though. This allows the focus to be on preparing Lynch to start.

Coaching staff seems to be leaning in that direction but now Lynch will be the assumed starter. Giving him the lead to organize off-season workouts. To work with WRs, to get the first team reps to develop chemistry during OTAs and camp.

I have never liked any of the rumors of adding a Romo or similar vet. I wanted to see development of the young QBs. Now the focus is clear and hopefully Lynch can earn the job and prove my confidence in him is justified.

Siemian Injury

Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So Denver will likely add 2 more QBs for the offseason then. I guess this will force the front office to decide on Lynch's ability to play in 2017, if they don't think he'll be ready they need to go get a vet who can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    I still think Josh McCown would be a great guy to bring in to help mentor Trevor and Paxton.
    Why would we pick up 2 additional QBs? You'd have 4 QBs on the roster? No reason for that. This is a golden opportunity for Paxton to take a large chunk of the reps and try to get caught up and make it an actual competition.

Totally agree with McCown. Would love to get him picked up. Hue Jackson was really vocal about how smart he is and how he has a future in coaching. Josh has also stated he wants to be in a good situation with a winning organization and coach up young players.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Yikes... that would explain that giant, nasty bulge that Trevor had that was very visible under his shirt.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Patrick Smyth
    ‏@psmyth12

The plan remains for Trevor to be ready to go for the start of OTAs as he recovers from a procedure on his non-throwing shoulder.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post

Siemian Injury

In all sincerity, What's the difference between grade 3 and 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Why would we pick up 2 additional QBs? You'd have 4 QBs on the roster? No reason for that. This is a golden opportunity for Paxton to take a large chunk of the reps and try to get caught up and make it an actual competition.

Totally agree with McCown. Would love to get him picked up. Hue Jackson was really vocal about how smart he is and how he has a future in coaching. Josh has also stated he wants to be in a good situation with a winning organization and coach up young players.
    You pickup 2 because Siemian likely won't throw until June, so adding 2 gives you3 active QBs during OTAs, one for each group. Then you can release one before camp if Siemian is 100% go, or you can keep 4 to limit what Siemian does early.

By saying add 2 vets QBs I don't mean Romo and McCown, I mean a veteran that can push Lynch and a guy like Austin Davis who's there for reps.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."