Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    It's not about them breaking the rules relating to NFLPA, it's about them doing the right thing. The Ty situation is still baffling to me and it was handled very, very poorly. They essentially set his career back a year, and who knows? Maybe they ruined it.

They still have access to xray and can easily send them for MRIs. However, with Trevor's injury, even an athletic training staff should be able to recognize an injury like this. It's blatantly obvious via xray:
    http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/rid...ation-xray.jpg

@brianmcfarlane
    It was essentially confirmed by Patrick Smyth by not denying the report and stating they are expecting him to be back by OTAs.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    "The procedure was minor and elective, and Siemian is expected to be fully recovered by the start of offseason workouts."
    That was written by the Denver Post on Jan. 5, I think the day of or the day after Trevor had surgery. Now because a source known as Brandon Stokely reporting on 104.3 ("entertainment channel") some conclude that it was falsely reported on Jan. 5? What would motivate the Broncos to mislead the public on the severity of the injury? There are no other stories/reports of this ... so far. Maybe it will turn out to be true, but at this point it seems premature to accept as fact.
    I'm a little curious as to how Stokley supposedly got this info? If it was from Trevor himself wouldn't he just say so?
    I also think some questions should be answered about when the injury occurred.

I keep seeing comments of the injury occurred in week 4 against TB. Then I hear the details of the severity of the injury. Including the illustrations of the injury "grades" posted earlier. Was it separated and shattered then? Additional hits later in the season injured it more? Not a grade 5 as being reported? Is it possible they found it to be much worse then initially reported once they started the surgery? I'm curious.

On a different but related topic. If he was injured to this severity, why was he playing in Week 17? Or at the very least after halftime when they were up by multiple scores? Makes no sense. Makes me wonder just how much friction there was between Elway and Kubiak by the end of the season. Or how that decision by Kubiak may have led to his leaving? One thing to have loyalty towards Simian. Entirely different to put his long term health at risk..

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    It's not about them breaking the rules relating to NFLPA, it's about them doing the right thing. The Ty situation is still baffling to me and it was handled very, very poorly. They essentially set his career back a year, and who knows? Maybe they ruined it.

They still have access to xray and can easily send them for MRIs. However, with Trevor's injury, even an athletic training staff should be able to recognize an injury like this. It's blatantly obvious via xray:

@brianmcfarlane
    It was essentially confirmed by Patrick Smyth by not denying the report and stating they are expecting him to be back by OTAs.
    The NFLPA would be raising hell if they didn't do the right thing. Reading this I'm not sure what they're accusing them of doing wrong? He was injured against Detroit, sat out completely until the week before the GB game, where he did some contact and decided he couldn't do it, then he went on IR. The player wouldn't be left in the dark here, he and his agent would have known 100% what the injury was, what the options were and then they would have been the one to make the choice.

And for Siemian, who's saying they missed the injury? Again the NFLPA, the player and the agent would have full knowledge and if there was any wrongdoing they would be saying so. Ultimately the decision is up to the player with advice from his agent and any other sources he sees.

Why is there this belief that the Broncos are doing the wrong thing with injuries? I guess it's better than when people blame the training staff for injuries happening.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I also think some questions should be answered about when the injury occurred.

I keep seeing comments of the injury occurred in week 4 against TB. Then I hear the details of the severity of the injury. Including the illustrations of the injury "grades" posted earlier. Was it separated and shattered then? Additional hits later in the season injured it more? Not a grade 5 as being reported? Is it possible they found it to be much worse then initially reported once they started the surgery? I'm curious.

On a different but related topic. If he was injured to this severity, why was he playing in Week 17? Or at the very least after halftime when they were up by multiple scores? Makes no sense. Makes me wonder just how much friction there was between Elway and Kubiak by the end of the season. Or how that decision by Kubiak may have led to his leaving? One thing to have loyalty towards Simian. Entirely different to put his long term health at risk..
    Interesting point. Does make you wonder.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Troy Renck
    Verified account
    ‏@TroyRenck 6h
    6 hours ago
    More
    Exclusive: #Broncos Siemian tells @DenverChannel left shoulder recovery "going well" Hopeful will be ready for OTAs. http://bit.ly/2lEiWVo*

A lot of talk about @TrevorSiemian on radio. He's tough dude. Told me today he's out of sling and hopes to be ready for OTAs @DenverChannel

Last week, Denver Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian was spotted out of the sling he’d been wearing at the Pro Bowl. On Friday, the Broncos got more good news about their starter (for now), as ABC 7’s Troy Renck reported that Siemian is expected to be healthy enough to participate in OTAs.
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 02-24-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Again people are blaming Greek for things that would be not the doctor not the athletic therapist. You go for a second opinion based on the results of what the doctor said, and this isn't exclusive to the Broncos, that a smart thing to do for any athlete when they're facing a choice between surgery or no surgery.

If the Sambrailo thing was them doing something they're not supposed to, or misleading him, the NFLPA would have been all over that filing grievances and demanding guilty parties be replaced.
    It's really more than just Greek, it's the whole medical staff in general. I don't know how many of them are still there from the Cutler era, aside from Greek and his guys. But it just always feel like somebody is always pushed back too early or too far and the injury becomes 10x worse and the guy's career is in jeopardy.

Trevor Siemian was seen without his sling long ago though, doing public work/charity on Feb 14th if I'm not mistaken. If he doesn't need a sling then that's indicative that the supporting muscles and tendons have healed enough to support his earlier separation.

I don't think there's any truth to this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post

@brianmcfarlane
    You are assuming the injury was misdiagnosed. This is likely not the case. It was Siemian's call to play through it. Siemian likely knew this was his best chance to solidify himself as an NFL starter. Had he sat out longer or gone on IR there is a very high possibility he would have lost the starting job to Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Troy Renck
    Verified account
    ‏@TroyRenck 6h
    6 hours ago
    More
    Exclusive: #Broncos Siemian tells @DenverChannel left shoulder recovery "going well" Hopeful will be ready for OTAs. http://bit.ly/2lEiWVo*

A lot of talk about @TrevorSiemian on radio. He's tough dude. Told me today he's out of sling and hopes to be ready for OTAs @DenverChannel

Last week, Denver Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian was spotted out of the sling he’d been wearing at the Pro Bowl. On Friday, the Broncos got more good news about their starter (for now), as ABC 7’s Troy Renck reported that Siemian is expected to be healthy enough to participate in OTAs.
    Participating and practicing fully are two very different things.

I am fine with Siemian "participating" in April at the OTAs. He will learn the new system. He will be around his teammates and coaches. He will attend meetings and on-field work. He can go through the steps and motions. He just will likely not be 100% throwing the ball. I want him to be patient in his recovery.

All this will allow Lynch to get the reps with the first team. He can build some confidence for himself, with the coaches and his teammates.It will hopefully close the separation most give to Siemian because of his experience this past year.

Certainly a bummer for Siemian. But how is this a bad thing for the Broncos? No matter who you prefer in the QB race isn't is better for Siemian to be 100% by the start of camp in July. Or for Lynch to be the best QB he can be with the extra work? Then let them compete in camp and pre-season for the starting job?

My biggest concern is not the Siemian injury it is the chance the Broncos bring in a vet and they repeat the Sanchez fiasco.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 02-25-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridianBronco View Post
    Man this sucks, I feel so bad for Trevor.

But my next question is to this Medical staff that is lead by one Steve Antonopulos.. And that would be how did you miss that?

What about Brandon Marshal when the training staff misdiagnosed the severity of a hip injury that led to his requiring off-season surgery....Or what about Mannings leg two years ago when he kept feeding him painkillers.....Or how they kept handling Danny T a few years back... Or how he misdiagnosed Julius Thomas ankle the first time around..Jay Cutler went to this dude when he first started because he was loosing a lot of weight and Mr. Antonopulos told him the weight lost was due to him playing a STRESSFUL position..

This guy has a history of doing these things yet for some reason he is always retained no mater who is the coach.

He needs to be fired, PERIOD!
    The smart money says he knew exactly what the situation was and was doing exactly as he was directed. Welcome to the real world of professional athletics.
    RIP Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by FloridianBronco View Post
    Man this sucks, I feel so bad for Trevor.

But my next question is to this Medical staff that is lead by one Steve Antonopulos.. And that would be how did you miss that?

What about Brandon Marshal when the training staff misdiagnosed the severity of a hip injury that led to his requiring off-season surgery....Or what about Mannings leg two years ago when he kept feeding him painkillers.....Or how they kept handling Danny T a few years back... Or how he misdiagnosed Julius Thomas ankle the first time around..Jay Cutler went to this dude when he first started because he was loosing a lot of weight and Mr. Antonopulos told him the weight lost was due to him playing a STRESSFUL position..

This guy has a history of doing these things yet for some reason he is always retained no mater who is the coach.

He needs to be fired, PERIOD!
    Thank you! I have been saying for years that old fart needed to go. He is senile and/or washed up.

The fact that Siemian remained the starter despite the severity of his injury says a lot about Lynch's readiness.

McCoy better get the running game up and running, big time, if the Broncos want a chance to compete with Lynch as the starter.

Let's hope Romo cares more about contending than he does about money.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The fact that Siemian remained the starter despite the severity of his injury says a lot about Lynch's readiness.

McCoy better get the running game up and running, big time, if the Broncos want a chance to compete with Lynch as the starter.

Let's hope Romo cares more about contending than he does about money.
    First of all I would like to know more about the severity of the injury. Was it a grade 5 from the initial hit or accumulation or another hit later in the season.

Also think there is a question of how much the decision to play Siemian with such a severe injury was more Lynch's level of readiness or Kubiak's loyalty to Siemian.

If Siemian was injured then Kubiak did him no favors IMO. He allowed or at the very least risked the possibility to get more severely injured in a meaningless game to prove a point? If Lynch was that completely unprepared then why not play Davis?

I agree that the running game has to be much improved. And more importantly the offense more creative then the ultra safe play calling and execution last year. Elway has to rework the oline but McCoy has a lot of work to make this offense more effective all around.

Quote Originally Posted by aditheman View Post
    Thank you! I have been saying for years that old fart needed to go. He is senile and/or washed up.
    Alright, here's my question, what part is he to blame for with any injury? An Athletic Therapist does an initial look and an initial diagnosis, and then they would work with players on rehabilitation as they work towards a return.

He has zero part in prevention of injury.
    Zero part in full diagnosis of injuries
    Zero part in ordering and diagnosing from MRIs and X-Rays
    and zero part in being the final authority on when a player returns

It's funny people always blame Greek for players getting injured (especially in years with lots of injuries) when that has nothing to do with him, and in reality Denver has been below average in injuries the last couple of years.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

My question is if he needs surgery, why does it take till the end of Feb. to figure it out? Why didn't he have it the week the season ended? This just pushes back his recovery and rehab. He could be 6 weeks into recovery by now?