Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,027
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The fact that Siemian remained the starter despite the severity of his injury says a lot about Lynch's readiness.

    McCoy better get the running game up and running, big time, if the Broncos want a chance to compete with Lynch as the starter.

    Let's hope Romo cares more about contending than he does about money.
    Would rather see TS with one arm than Romo in Denver.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    44
    makes it easier for them to get Lynch starting while they give Trev 'proper time to heal and be fully ready'

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,172
    Seems like aside from the one report, everyone else has Siemian on the original timeline to be healthy. Until someone corroborates the Stokely report, it would seem that's the more likely one to be incorrect.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lochbuie, co
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    My question is if he needs surgery, why does it take till the end of Feb. to figure it out? Why didn't he have it the week the season ended? This just pushes back his recovery and rehab. He could be 6 weeks into recovery by now?
    He had the shoulder surgery ~ Jan 3. Trevor himself says he should be ready by OTAs in April... according to Troy Renck. What "ready" means? IDK. The report stating that he has a grade 5 as opposed to a grade 3 separation - according to Stokely - seems fishy to me since that info probably shouldn't be available to anybody outside of a "need to know" basis.
    I guess we will see when OTAs start how much Trevor participates.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    He had the shoulder surgery ~ Jan 3. Trevor himself says he should be ready by OTAs in April... according to Troy Renck. What "ready" means? IDK. The report stating that he has a grade 5 as opposed to a grade 3 separation - according to Stokely - seems fishy to me since that info probably shouldn't be available to anybody outside of a "need to know" basis.
    I guess we will see when OTAs start how much Trevor participates.
    And if the info was correct, wouldn't it have been leaked Jan 4th, or sometime around then rather than at the end of February? Hopefully he can get some work in OTAs, even if it's really light work, and then will be close to full go for training camp. I want both QBs participating at 100% and, hopefully, both QBs having improved and the decision being tough to make because both QBs are playing at a high level.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,734
    I didn't read through the whole thread, but why was Trevor playing in that meaningless Oakland game at the end of the season if his injury was so bad? Why was Kubiak allowing Trevor to play?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I didn't read through the whole thread, but why was Trevor playing in that meaningless Oakland game at the end of the season if his injury was so bad? Why was Kubiak allowing Trevor to play?
    He wanted to play. He was probably given the timetable on surgery and was told it couldn't be made worse by getting hit. Kubiak was doing a Trevor a solid to allow him to go out with a bang, to finish the year strong and allow him to prove he should continue being the starter.

    Or, give him more tape to raise his value for the Broncos/for himself if he hit the trade block.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,830
    I also don't believe it was a grade-5 separation because Siemian himself said it was an "optional" surgery to help him work out and get stronger.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/...trevor-siemian

    Trevor Siemian will undergo a "minor, elective" procedure on his left, non-throwing shoulder this week.

    9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports Siemian is expected to be ready for the offseason program. "It’s optional surgery," Siemian said. "It really only bothers me when I work out but I figure I’m going to have to keep working out for a while so I’m getting it fixed." Siemian injured his shoulder early in the season against the Bucs, but that injury only caused him to miss one game. Unless the Broncos bring in a veteran, Siemian should be considered the frontrunner for the starting quarterback job, but the Broncos will likely give Paxton Lynch every opportunity to push him in training camp.

    Jan 3 - 8:24 AM
    If he had a grade-5 separation, the surgery probably would not have been "optional", "minor", "elective"...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    809
    Rod, you may be right. Either Trevor is lying about it being optional, or it wasn't a grade 5. Although, it was VERY obviously deformed and you could see it sticking out of his shirt after it happened.

    http://www.acjointseparation.com/gra...eparation.html

    When it is this severe the detachment from the clavicle not only involves the "acromioclavicular" and the "coracoclavicular" ligaments but even involves tearing of the periosteum of the bone on the clavicle as well. In some cases the bone actually punctures all of the soft tissue and is sitting in the subcutaneous tissues. This severity of injury is very uncomfortable for most patients and requires surgery to stabilize the joint in almost all cases. There is no effective non-operative treatment as the downward force of gravity ensures that there can be no possibility of reducing the joint back into position.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Rod, you may be right. Either Trevor is lying about it being optional, or it wasn't a grade 5. Although, it was VERY obviously deformed and you could see it sticking out of his shirt after it happened.

    http://www.acjointseparation.com/gra...eparation.html

    When it is this severe the detachment from the clavicle not only involves the "acromioclavicular" and the "coracoclavicular" ligaments but even involves tearing of the periosteum of the bone on the clavicle as well. In some cases the bone actually punctures all of the soft tissue and is sitting in the subcutaneous tissues. This severity of injury is very uncomfortable for most patients and requires surgery to stabilize the joint in almost all cases. There is no effective non-operative treatment as the downward force of gravity ensures that there can be no possibility of reducing the joint back into position.
    I have to agree with this post as well. Trevor does not seem like the kind of guy to lie about his status of injury nor circumstance of injury. It was probably cosmetic to fix the appearance of a AC separation (as it can heal perfectly well but will maintain the disjointed shape) as well as reinforce the area slightly. A grade 5 AC separation is a stat surgery, not something you sit and think about while finishing a full season as a QB.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    There's no chance he missed that, the player probably decided to play through it. And it would be the doctors to blame not the athletic therapist. Athletic therapist looks at it, gives an initial diagnosis and then the doctors would look at it and order an x-ray and/or MRI and then make the final diagnosis. After that they wouldn't go to Greek until they started the rehabilitation process.
    A player cannot overrule the medical staff, try again.


    "The Greek" has a long history of these issues... This is a trend... He needs to be let go.. Rumors are the only place he is looked at favorable is in Denver.. I'm starting to believe these rumors...

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,376
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridianBronco View Post
    A player cannot overrule the medical staff, try again.


    "The Greek" has a long history of these issues... This is a trend... He needs to be let go.. Rumors are the only place he is looked at favorable is in Denver.. I'm starting to believe these rumors...
    At any level of athletics, there is the training staff and the medical staff which are two different groups of people with two different specialties. Steve Antonopoulos is an athletic trainer, not a doctor.

    Trainers don't cause injuries, they treat them. When an injury goes beyond what the trainer can recognize, physicians are on call to order diagnostics and prescribe additional therapy and surgery, if necessary.

    Steve Antonopoulos is a respected member of his profession, and has served in the leadership of his organization. If there was a problem with his competence, he would have been dismissed from the Denver Broncos long ago instead of having served them for forty years. I'm inclined to doubt if your sentiments will be echoed by the Broncos.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridianBronco View Post
    A player cannot overrule the medical staff, try again.


    "The Greek" has a long history of these issues... This is a trend... He needs to be let go.. Rumors are the only place he is looked at favorable is in Denver.. I'm starting to believe these rumors...
    A player CAN ABSOLUTELY overrule a medical staff, why do you think players go for second opinions with doctors not related to the team? If they couldn't overrule them, they wouldn't be allowed to do that. Players have every right to seek second opinions, discuss matters with those second opinion doctors, their family and their agents before making a decision.

    And as mentioned several times, Greek is not a member of the Broncos medical staff, he's their Athletic Therapist, which is much different than a physician or any other type of doctor. An athletic therapist is the very first level, they go on the field and look at issues, then the doctor gets involved (if needed) and it's out of the Athletic Therapist's hands until it comes time for therapy in order to get them back on the field. And even then most things would be handled by the strength and conditioning staff.

    But your knowledge of this must be very deep when you talk about "rumours" involving a position that rumours would rarely exist.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    At any level of athletics, there is the training staff and the medical staff which are two different groups of people with two different specialties. Steve Antonopoulos is an athletic trainer, not a doctor.

    Trainers don't cause injuries, they treat them. When an injury goes beyond what the trainer can recognize, physicians are on call to order diagnostics and prescribe additional therapy and surgery, if necessary.

    Steve Antonopoulos is a respected member of his profession, and has served in the leadership of his organization. If there was a problem with his competence, he would have been dismissed from the Denver Broncos long ago instead of having served them for forty years. I'm inclined to doubt if your sentiments will be echoed by the Broncos.

    If John Elway has shown anything during his reign as VP/GM with the Broncos, it's that he's not the sentimental type, and he will make any move that needs to be done in order to help the team. If there were issues with the training staff, they would have been replaced.

    I have no idea why so many people think that the training staff is to blame for injuries?
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If John Elway has shown anything during his reign as VP/GM with the Broncos, it's that he's not the sentimental type, and he will make any move that needs to be done in order to help the team. If there were issues with the training staff, they would have been replaced.

    I have no idea why so many people think that the training staff is to blame for injuries?
    Good question. You'd think the violent nature of the game would be the first suspect. Do you have a quick whistle at practice? It's also weird how some teams will suddenly have several players with one type of injury like the Broncos had with elbows last year. Or, players in one position group getting nicked. Saying the "I" word was strictly forbidden. As long as the trainers don't run out of ice, it's all good.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •