Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I'd prefer we stay put and double dip than
    give up the farm:

R1 p20: DL Caleb Brantley Florida (might trade back and still get him)
    R2 p19: OL BPA
    R3 p18: DL Jarron Jones Notre Dame
    R3 p30+: RB Joe Mixon Oaklahoma

Our DL would be set for years
    Wolfe - Brantley - Campbell FA
    Gotsis - Jones - Crick/Walker

OL heavily via FA + later round draft.
    I don't know if we can trade back and still get him. I have seen mocks and heard reports of Oakland a good landing spot for him. So if we want him we should take him at 20. I really like the guy so I wouldn't mind.

give up the farm:

I'm not talking about a huge trade up, just if he starts falling some. At the same time I don't really see Elway trading back. He has only ever traded back once in the first round, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'd do it for a 3rd. He'd likely net that in a comp pick if he walks. You also have the opportunity to tag him, or sign him to an extension.
    I don't think he would. In fact if our comp picks this year are any indication then we'd be lucky if he netted a 6th.

Look at who we lost and what we got:

- Malik JAckson - Malik got PAID and we were too tight
    - Brock O - Brock was basically priced so high we couldn't afford him
    - Danny Trevathan- was given a good contract which we could have matched but we opted to move on due to his general injury.

And several others.

We basically lost three starters to major contracts elsewhere. Two of those players got Blockbuster deals and yet we only got one 3rd rounder. So if that is the case what makes you think we'd get a 3rd rounder for Richardson???

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I don't think he would. In fact if our comp picks this year are any indication then we'd be lucky if he netted a 6th.

Look at who we lost and what we got:

- Malik JAckson - Malik got PAID and we were too tight
    - Brock O - Brock was basically priced so high we couldn't afford him
    - Danny Trevathan- was given a good contract which we could have matched but we opted to move on due to his general injury.

And several others.

We basically lost three starters to major contracts elsewhere. Two of those players got Blockbuster deals and yet we only got one 3rd rounder. So if that is the case what makes you think we'd get a 3rd rounder for Richardson???
    We were slated two thirds in our loses. Brock and Malik. Brock was the top value, ie out of all the picks in the 3rd we would have gotten first pick of the comps. However, the committee took the entirety of Okungs deal into account, (1y/4y options as a 5y deal) this by the groups logic dictated his value as a 3rd rounder. So it cancelled out one of ours, in this case it cancelled out the Brock comp. IMO this was a miscalculation on Elway's part, but it's not that the guys we lost didnt get 3rd round value, it's just we "added" a 3rd round value.

give up the farm:

Yeah but what bout the rest of the team

I remember when we had the #2 pick everyone wanted us to take Dareus and then another DT in the second round

Maybe I'm crazy but putting Jarron Jones behind all those dudes is a death wish for his career and total waste. Also putting 0 veterans at NT and 2 rookies gives them zero direction or leadership in how to be an nfl'er

There's 53 dudes on the team and 22 starters. LB, WR, TE, DB, OL, RB could all use that pick more than backup DT to another rookie haha. Armchair GM move

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post

I remember when we had the #2 pick everyone wanted us to take Dareus and then another DT in the second round

Maybe I'm crazy but putting Jarron Jones behind all those dudes is a death wish for his career and total waste. Also putting 0 veterans at NT and 2 rookies gives them zero direction or leadership in how to be an nfl'er

There's 53 dudes on the team and 22 starters. LB, WR, TE, DB, OL, RB could all use that pick more than backup DT to another rookie haha. Armchair GM move
    That's why I am a big fan of getting g Logan via FA and drafting Watkins in the 2nd.

[QUOTE=mozzerpete;5553467]I'd prefer we stay put and double dip than
    give up the farm:

Wolfe
    as a ND fan I would love this and to get Mixon in round 3 I would lose my mind with joy

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    We were slated two thirds in our loses. Brock and Malik. Brock was the top value, ie out of all the picks in the 3rd we would have gotten first pick of the comps. However, the committee took the entirety of Okungs deal into account, (1y/4y options as a 5y deal) this by the groups logic dictated his value as a 3rd rounder. So it cancelled out one of ours, in this case it cancelled out the Brock comp. IMO this was a miscalculation on Elway's part, but it's not that the guys we lost didnt get 3rd round value, it's just we "added" a 3rd round value.
    I suppose part of me also feels that there needs to be value loss of a future HOF QB factored into the loss equation IF the what-if's of an option contract are factored into the equation.

My goal was to then have J, Jones learn and take over DE for Campbell
    when he retires. According to Walterfootball, J. Jones
    can anchor both the NT and 34DE position hence by comment
    "set for years"..."Wolfe - Brantley - Jones"

Who knows what'll do? Just a different POV from trading up.

My goal was to then have J, Jones learn and take over DE for Campbell
    when he retires. According to Walterfootball, J. Jones
    can anchor both the NT and 34DE position hence by comment
    "set for years"..."Wolfe - Brantley - Jones"

Who knows what'll do? Just a different POV from trading up.
    Double dip at DT just kinda feels like when you had a matching section on an exam and you matched one definition to two terms cause you knew dropping a point to gain one term right is safer than guessing on both terms

Maybe a later round pick, real developmental guy would work better than Jones in that scenario

Jarron Jones is good though. Not arguing about that at all. I'd love to see him here

Double dip at DT just kinda feels like when you had a matching section on an exam and you matched one definition to two terms cause you knew dropping a point to gain one term right is safer than guessing on both terms

Maybe a later round pick, real developmental guy would work better than Jones in that scenario

Jarron Jones is good though. Not arguing about that at all. I'd love to see him here
    Ha! That is funny!
    You're right. I totally see what you mean.

In my head, given our scheme, I categorize
    some DLmen that can play both DT or 34DE
    as just DT for the sake of brevity. I shouldn't
    be so lazy next time. lol

Jaron is listed as a NT DT and 34DE in some
    draft sites.
    Last edited by mozzerpete; 03-01-2017 at 02:30 PM.

give up the farm:

i feel as though we are drafting 2 de when we need a nt

R1 p20: Cam robibnson OT alabama
    [B]R2 p19: Dan freney OG Indiana
    Rd4 first pick: elijah Quillis

would eb way better look aty something diular i want a NT that can actually anchor our line vs the run and in obvious running downs and your drafting a DT who is a 3 tech ideal or a more of a DE in a 3-4 and another guy who looks like he would be an idea run stuffing DE. i am worried neither has the right size for a DE Jones is to tall i would rather have that length at DE. and brantley is to small he wont command double as a run stuff NT and we look like we did last year with out good options at NT. which really hurts our D-l;ine across the board

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I say we give the Jets a call and offer Trevor Siemian for Sheldon Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I say we give the Jets a call and offer Trevor Siemian for Sheldon Richardson
    Interesting......I'd prob still go with Baker. Only because he is cheaper per year

Profootballrumors speculating Sheldon could be had for a third round pick. If it were up to me and that price was right - I'd do this.