Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos favorites to land Tony Romo if.....

Please no............
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

From the source linked in the article:
    According to Mike Klis of 9News, the Broncos will “at least discuss” adding Romo if and when he is released by the Dallas Cowboys.
    The article says:
    A recent report said the Broncos are mostly interested in Romo if he is willing to take a discount to play with such a strong supporting cast. (Link to first source)
    So basically crapreport is just pulling stuff out of his butt and making up rumors. All this is at this point is a rumor.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign him. Elway helped Peyton Manning win a Super Bowl at age 39, so I'm sure Tony may think the same. Works even better for him since he doesn't have a title (or appearance) yet. I'm perfectly fine with him coming here as long as he is willing to be a mentor to Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign him. Elway helped Peyton Manning win a Super Bowl at age 39, so I'm sure Tony may think the same. Works even better for him since he doesn't have a title (or appearance) yet. I'm perfectly fine with him coming here as long as he is willing to be a mentor to Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch.
    If he does come here, it's very likely that the Broncos will indeed be the last team he ever plays for. With that in mind, and knowing his character, I doubt he'd hold back and teach Siemian and Lynch everything he knows.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    From the source linked in the article:

The article says:

So basically crapreport is just pulling stuff out of his butt and making up rumors. All this is at this point is a rumor.
    In all fairness, it has to be "rumor" no matter how much truth is really in it. Because Romo is still under contract and we haven't engaged Cowboy brass about acquiring him, any talk from Dove Valley about Romo is considered tampering.

But everyone knows Elway is going to kick the tires on Romo. When u have one of the better QB of the past decade hitting the market, and you're in QB flux, you always do your due diligence. That's what's made Elway such a great GM.

VJ just said on PFT we're good with what we have

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/01/vance-joseph-on-broncos-qbs-were-fine-with-siemian-and-lynch/

Not a huge vote of confidence but enough for me to breathe a sigh of relief on no romo

If you pick up Romo, you can't get rid of Trevor or Paxton. He's 1 hit away from being toast for the year. You'll have to carry 3 QBs if Romo comes in. So, the Broncos MAY be "good with what we have," but that is just because they are going to keep those kids regardless...
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    If you pick up Romo, you can't get rid of Trevor or Paxton. He's 1 hit away from being toast for the year. You'll have to carry 3 QBs if Romo comes in. So, the Broncos MAY be "good with what we have," but that is just because they are going to keep those kids regardless...
    Every player is one hit away. But I do agree that Romo is a much bigger risk then most.

Rolling the dice with Romo is qustionable at best IMO. Given that he has had at least three significant back injuries and three dislocations on the same left shoulder, what would be the expectations of the total games he plays this year?

Five games the past two seasons. I would speculate the possibilities of him playing about 8 games. The question becomes which 8 games? Does he make it to or even back by the playoffs if he gets injured? Big risk!

Which takes me back to my objection of signing Romo. It takes away reps and focus of responsibility of starting QB with Siemian and Lynch.

Best case, Romo leads team to playoffs. Worst case he is on IR early in the season and a repeat of the Sanchez fiasco occurs.

Just heard Coach Joseph say we're sticking with our two QBs. We shall see I guess.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Broncos Will Intently Pursue Romo

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill

Sources say that new Denver Broncos head coach Vance Joseph has looked at the two young quarterbacks on the Broncos roster and has decided the team needs a veteran signal caller for the immediate future. As a result, sources say Denver plans on pursuing Dallas Cowboys Tony Romo intently.

Joseph wants to win now and Romo could buy them more time to develop 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch. Team sources say Broncos general manager John Elway is not pushing Lynch on Joseph, and is agreeable to making a run at Romo.

Denver has a lot to offer Romo in terms of a team ready to win now. After all, the Broncos were celebrating a Super Bowl victory just one year ago. They have an elite defense, and talented wide receivers to appeal to Romo for making another January run. Sources say if the Broncos are able to add Romo, they would move on from young veteran Trevor Siemian.

With the Texans also planning on being in pursuit of Romo - Walt has them landing Romo in his Predicted NFL Offseason Quarterback Destinations - it looks like Houston and Denver will be chasing the same quarterback in free agency for the second straight year.
    Cecil Lammey is also there at the Combine and he also has the impression Denver will go after Tony Romo. I just think it makes no sense to move on from Siemian, since he is cheaper and better than Paxton Lynch.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

In one drive Romo lead the cowboys to a touchdown again the eagles. Sanchez then came in and stunk it up. Romo can still play and is the perfect stop gap for us while Paxton learns

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    In one drive Romo lead the cowboys to a touchdown again the eagles. Sanchez then came in and stunk it up. Romo can still play and is the perfect stop gap for us while Paxton learns
    Yes Romo can still play, and play well.

But he can't stay healthy, that's been proven over the years and has only gotten worse. Signing Romo will backfire, not because the money but more so getting rid of Trevor. Trevor just played his first season and looked good, especially with the Injuries and poor line he dealt with as a first year starter. I just feel like it's foolish to dump that potential for a QB who cannot and will not stay healthy. A Romo injury would kill the season.

The only concern with Romo is health. Romo will be 37 come opening day; another year older and presumably more fragile than what he already has been the last 2 years. With that said, Romo will physically, in a way, be quite fresh as has barely played over the last 2 years.

In Romo's last full season (2014), he led the NFL in completion percentage, yards per pass, passer rating, and game winning drives, and led the Cowboys to a 12-3 record in his 15 starts.

If Romo is cut and the price is right, Im all for Romo. If he stays healthy (and I know thats a big if) Romo has at least 2 solid years left in him.

What should the price for Romo be? Id probably go $7-8 Mil guaranteed with another $8-10 Mil in incentives based on games/mins played and numbers he puts up. That brings a total to as high as $15-18 Mil. And if Romo were to obtain the full amount, we will have had a very successful season.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Unless Siemian suffers a setback in getting his shoulder healthy I think it's a long shot we look seriously at adding a vet QB like Romo Cutler or Kaepernick.