Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    26,783
    Tony Romo would probably not sign with Denver (if Elway pursued him) unless the line, specifically the Tackle positions, were fixed first. That would require at least a Left Tackle and probably both; something on the order of Whitworth, Wagner and Romo. I wonder how much that would cost?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,367
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Tony Romo would probably not sign with Denver (if Elway pursued him) unless the line, specifically the Tackle positions, were fixed first. That would require at least a Left Tackle and probably both; something on the order of Whitworth, Wagner and Romo. I wonder how much that would cost?
    I wonder if Whitworth would be more inclined to sign here knowing Romo was the QB. Give him a chance at a ring, he is 35. You have to wonder if Denver is quietly feeding some of these media reports to gauge FA interest if they sign Romo.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Please no............

    I do not care what anybody says, this man is going to be a good quarterback.
    He played lights out last season until he was the victim of a horrific injury.

    The argument that everybody uses against Trevor Siemian is that he can't stay healthy and that he is injury prone but why would we go out and sign a 37-year-old quarterback that is made of glass, that is even more injury prone? I just don't get it.

    If John Elway does sign Tony Romo, I have no choice but to embrace that decision but all that's going to do is hinder Trevor Siemians development and as we all heard Vance Joseph Say today "I have two quarterbacks, one quarterback and one really tall guy with the strong arm". LOL at least that's the way I heard it anyway.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    26,783
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I wonder if Whitworth would be more inclined to sign here knowing Romo was the QB. Give him a chance at a ring, he is 35. You have to wonder if Denver is quietly feeding some of these media reports to gauge FA interest if they sign Romo.
    I wondered about that, too. Would a player, especially an O-Lineman, be more inclined to come to Denver if a Vet QB like Romo was there?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,738
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill



    Cecil Lammey is also there at the Combine and he also has the impression Denver will go after Tony Romo. I just think it makes no sense to move on from Siemian, since he is cheaper and better than Paxton Lynch.

    Walter Football has been rocking the boat this offseason, when Phillips was allowed to leave WF reported that the Broncos let him leave because he was created an O v D rift in the locker room and going out of his way to create animosity between the two. Phillips went after them, and denied it, and WF never said another word. Because of that I take everything they say with a big grain of salt.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Walter Football has been rocking the boat this offseason, when Phillips was allowed to leave WF reported that the Broncos let him leave because he was created an O v D rift in the locker room and going out of his way to create animosity between the two. Phillips went after them, and denied it, and WF never said another word. Because of that I take everything they say with a big grain of salt.
    I didn't Believe any of it for a second. A great defense like the Broncos have is never lead by an instigating thug lol Philips is greatly respected.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Tony Romo would probably not sign with Denver (if Elway pursued him) unless the line, specifically the Tackle positions, were fixed first. That would require at least a Left Tackle and probably both; something on the order of Whitworth, Wagner and Romo. I wonder how much that would cost?
    I'm all for upgrades at the tackle positions but I read last night that the Broncos were in fact talking with Russell Okung. Attempting to resign him at a lowered cost however the giants may have something to say about that.

    It more likely that the Broncos are going to have to spend way more than what they want to in order to fix offensive line.

    I hope they stay committed to that because we don't need a patchwork offensive line like we had last season. Coach Vance Joseph said it best when he said when "we are not going to convert a guard to tackle, we're going to go out and get tackle".

    I wanted Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams or Dontari Poe playing in Denver next season but it may be a better idea to spend that money along the O-line because we aren't going to find any to make a strong difference right now. Plus I believe both Taco Charlton or Derek Barnet could start as rookies and make a lot bigger difference at their positions than any rookie o-line men at his.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-02-2017 at 08:06 AM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    26,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I'm all for upgrades at the tackle positions but I read last night that the Broncos were in fact talking with Russell Okung. Attempting to resign him at a lowered cost however the giants may have something to say about that.

    It more likely that the Broncos are going to have to spend way more than what they want to in order to fix offensive line.

    I hope they stay committed to that because we don't need a patchwork offensive line like we had last season. Coach Vance Joseph said it best when he said when "we are not going to convert a guard to tackle, we're going to go out and get tackle".

    I wanted Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams or Dontari Poe playing in Denver next season but it may be a better idea to spend that money along the O-line because we aren't going to find any to make a strong difference right now. Plus I believe both Taco Charlton or Derek Barnet could start as rookies and make a lot bigger difference at their positions than any rookie o-line men at his.
    Russell Okung's option was four years averaging c. $12 million per. One wonders what kind of an offer Elway might make now? Less than $12 million/year and/or fewer than four years? I think Russell will be offered more elsewhere, and I'm inclined to doubt if he will be back in Denver, but that's just me.

    It might take something in the range of $15 million/year on a three year deal with at least half guaranteed to sign Andrew Whitworth. It would probably take at least $10 million/year and a multi-year deal to get Ricky Wagner.

    The Tackle spot is the O-Line position of most concern to QBs. It would take something like Whitworth and Wagner to provide Romo with adequate protection and induce him to come to Denver. At that point, one asks how much Tony would cost?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    9,397
    I hope this is a fluff story because I want Elway to address the many other needs we have first beside getting a broken QB whose bones snap like twigs and can't stay on the field. He has only played a little bit in the last two years and I just can't imagine spending much money on him. If he wants to play on a cheap prove it contract fine but nothing like what most QB's demand. We have got to fix our O-Line first before we should even consider a move like this one.

    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,367
    Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I hope this is a fluff story because I want Elway to address the many other needs we have first beside getting a broken QB whose bones snap like twigs and can't stay on the field. He has only played a little bit in the last two years and I just can't imagine spending much money on him. If he wants to play on a cheap prove it contract fine but nothing like what most QB's demand. We have got to fix our O-Line first before we should even consider a move like this one.
    I'd imagine signing Romo would be part of series of moves that would help fix our problems. Elway and Co probably have 4-5 "plans" each with fall backs. Signing Romo wouldnt preclude us fixing anything IMO.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    318
    I hope there is no plan B, definitely not with Romo in the mix. Fix the O line, get a running game and use the young QB;s . Then we draft the best available for the future.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio
    Posts
    3,074
    I don't understand,why this team wants to bring Romo here....He's an over the hill quarterback that only won one playoff game and has a long history of being hurt.

    At least,when we signed Manning,it was his first time being seriously hurt in the league and was able to produced at a very high level despite having a sorry line...

    I just don't understand this at all...
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,767
    You have to look at the long term effect of adding Romo. Paxton could benefit more from sitting behind Romo then he could Siemian. The other side of that coin is Siemian may become a better QB than most think, and losing him could backfire. These scenarios and others are what Elway and the coaching staff have to look at when making such changes.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    You have to look at the long term effect of adding Romo. Paxton could benefit more from sitting behind Romo then he could Siemian. The other side of that coin is Siemian may become a better QB than most think, and losing him could backfire. These scenarios and others are what Elway and the coaching staff have to look at when making such changes.
    Considering Romos Injury history, I'd say that it would be in our best interest to keep Siemian. Assuming Romo comes here, it's only a matter of time before he's banged up and we'll need an experienced back up and that is Siemian.

    I don't think Joseph is on board with trading Siemian away.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    I don't understand,why this team wants to bring Romo here....He's an over the hill quarterback that only won one playoff game and has a long history of being hurt.

    At least,when we signed Manning,it was his first time being seriously hurt in the league and was able to produced at a very high level despite having a sorry line...

    I just don't understand this at all...
    I understand the desire to want a vet QB like Romo. In theory anyways.

    Joseph is a first time HC that doesn't want to risk his reputation on the uncertainty of two developing QBs. I'm guessing that McCoy and Musgrave would be much more comfortable establishing a system with Romo's experience then the alternative. Reasonable preferences.

    All three QBs are a risk. All have their strengths and weaknesses. I just do not like the risk with Romo. Just because the rumors of the Broncos being increasingly interested does not change my mind.

    Still the same guy that has played only 5games the past two seasons due to significant injuries. Three times he has broken the same collarbone. Three significant back injuries.

    What are the chances he remains healthy all season? Not just upright but without lingering back soreness or issues? IMO he will miss games next season. The only discussion is how many and where they are in the season. Beginning of the season? Middle? Or the stretch run to the playoffs? Maybe he plays all 19 games. Which is more likely?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •