Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Romo is an excellent QB. HE will instantly make us a contender again. Pax and Trev are not ready. We know this. We won 9 games last year. Romo will instantly make is an 11 win team, with our defense, likely more. He is close to be a HOF'r.

While we have the shot with the D intact, we go get the QB that can push us over the top. Just like Peyton did.

For those complaining about Romos playoff history, Mark Sanchez has a great playoff track record. Maybe we should bring him back? Ya-no! Romo is better than TRev and Pax. Fact. Whats wrong with making the team better? We are still going to get a G and a T in free agency. That is going to happen. Likely a DL too. We likely are going to draft a DL, G and T as well.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Romo is an excellent QB. HE will instantly make us a contender again. Pax and Trev are not ready. We know this. We won 9 games last year. Romo will instantly make is an 11 win team, with our defense, likely more. He is close to be a HOF'r.

While we have the shot with the D intact, we go get the QB that can push us over the top. Just like Peyton did.

For those complaining about Romos playoff history, Mark Sanchez has a great playoff track record. Maybe we should bring him back? Ya-no! Romo is better than TRev and Pax. Fact. Whats wrong with making the team better? We are still going to get a G and a T in free agency. That is going to happen. Likely a DL too. We likely are going to draft a DL, G and T as well.
    Even if the statement of "Romo is an excellent QB" is accepted. Isn't that 2014 Romo?

You have no clue what he has left or can be productive on a consistent basis. How much have the repeated back injuries and surgery of the limited him? How durable can he be?

Do you concede any risk of potential limitations of a 37 year old with significant back injuries. I do.

IMO the risk of downside far outwieghs the possibility we see anything near the excellent QB from the past. Not the same guy.

David Chao ex-NFL Team doctor is a good follow on twitter said this about Romo

.@tonyromo is not fragile.
    His injuries were traumatic.
    And being fresh (playing fewer games) helps an older QB. See #TomBrady. https://t.co/0XO4hVlxSP

Story about Siemian to Buffalo, if a whole lot of things happen. Sorry if it's already been Posted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...revor-siemian/

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    David Chao ex-NFL Team doctor is a good follow on twitter said this about Romo

.@tonyromo is not fragile.
    His injuries were traumatic.
    And being fresh (playing fewer games) helps an older QB. See #TomBrady. https://t.co/0XO4hVlxSP
    And this is pertinent?

If I have three auto accidents that injur my back I may not be considered fragile but I still have the lingering effects of a ruptured disc and multiple back surgeries. Not refreshed and rested just because I was forced into taking two years off to rehab.

Interesting positive spin by Dr. Chao though. Friend, family or agent?

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    And this is pertinent?

If I have three auto accidents that injur my back I may not be considered fragile but I still have the lingering effects of a ruptured disc and multiple back surgeries. Not refreshed and rested just because I was forced into taking two years off to rehab.

Easy tiger.

I think its pretty pertinent. I would be much more concerned if he said he is fragile WILL have long term lingering effects, etc.

As for the history, sure, who does not concede its a big question mark. Peyton had a much worse injury. No feelings in his hands at all. No strength to throw and he did fine. Tony does not hvae those extra issues to worry about. Does that mean he will be as good or better for us than peyton, of course not. However, he has less to worry about and that is favorable.

What we do know for certain is Elway, if he wants him, will negotiate some sort of injury clause, etc. He has done it with peyton, he did it with Okung, even Clady and Dware I think too had something on there. Champ as well, right? I think so. So we will be covered if he does get hurt. If he does not, then it is no different than any of our QBs who have gotten hurt playing with us the last couple years.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Considering Romos Injury history, I'd say that it would be in our best interest to keep Siemian. Assuming Romo comes here, it's only a matter of time before he's banged up and we'll need an experienced back up and that is Siemian.

I don't think Joseph is on board with trading Siemian away.
    Right. Even if Denver acquires Tony Romo, trading Trevor doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If something happened that Tony couldn't play, Trevor is the most experienced other QB plus he is on his rookie contract for two more years at less than a million per. Trevor himself is coming off an injury that required surgery, so three QBs doesn't seem excessive for this coming year. A playoff contending team needs depth at as many spots as possible. This conversation is speculative anyway.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I understand the desire to want a vet QB like Romo. In theory anyways.

Joseph is a first time HC that doesn't want to risk his reputation on the uncertainty of two developing QBs. I'm guessing that McCoy and Musgrave would be much more comfortable establishing a system with Romo's experience then the alternative. Reasonable preferences.

All three QBs are a risk. All have their strengths and weaknesses. I just do not like the risk with Romo. Just because the rumors of the Broncos being increasingly interested does not change my mind.

Still the same guy that has played only 5games the past two seasons due to significant injuries. Three times he has broken the same collarbone. Three significant back injuries.

What are the chances he remains healthy all season? Not just upright but without lingering back soreness or issues? IMO he will miss games next season. The only discussion is how many and where they are in the season. Beginning of the season? Middle? Or the stretch run to the playoffs? Maybe he plays all 19 games. Which is more likely?

If,the Broncos want to get a veteran quarterback at least get one that's not injured prone.

I would rather have Bubby Brister over Tony Romo right now.
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

And this is pertinent?

Unnecessary Anger...

His medical opinion is that his injury is not degenerative. Unlike arthritis, it wont have longterm issue. It's just the opinion of a former doctor who worked at this level.

Chao the head doctor for the Chargers, and as far as I know has no connection to Romo. He is actually really good from diagnosing injuries he sees during games or are sent to him on twitter. He also doesnt talk about his clients issues publicly, so I doubt Romo is a patient.

Romo has played 5 games in the last 2 seasons. Good luck with that.

This comes with the territory as a Broncos fan. Each season has it's own personality and it's own formula to reach Championship.

In order to be the last team standing 'this' season, Romo might improve the team's chances. He absolutely WILL have to rework his price if he thinks he's coming to Denver.

If Romo is willing to take a paycut (with incentives, sure) then I'm OK with him coming here. That tells me he's in it to win it. That's all I need to know.

That's not to say Trevor or Paxton aren't - but they sure as hell haven't shown the kind of QBing that we all know it will take to reach Championship..... .. . ...yet. Heck we don't even know if we have a franchise QB on the team yet. We have a franchise defense though and it aint gonna last forever.
    Red 98

Unnecessary Anger...

His medical opinion is that his injury is not degenerative. Unlike arthritis, it wont have longterm issue. It's just the opinion of a former doctor who worked at this level.

Chao the head doctor for the Chargers, and as far as I know has no connection to Romo. He is actually really good from diagnosing injuries he sees during games or are sent to him on twitter. He also doesnt talk about his clients issues publicly, so I doubt Romo is a patient.
    Second response to take offense to my post. Was not intended to offend. I am not seeing the "tone" in my response you are.

My point was about what I consider an optimistic perception of repeated traumatic injuries being downplayed by a doctor on twitter.

Second response to take offense to my post. Was not intended to offend. I am not seeing the "tone" in my response you are.

My point was about what I consider an optimistic perception of repeated traumatic injuries being downplayed by a doctor on twitter.
    They were seperate injuries. It's not like he's torn the same acl or anything like that. I wouldnt say it's downplaying anything, just providing medical context.

""Not the same bone, not the same part of bone. Tony Romoís bone is not weak. This was football trauma." Unlike the transverse injury, however, the lumbar injury is structural. "Itís much different than in 2014. Thereís risk it could get worse. No immediate return to play. He canít take a hit for six weeks." Chao did note, however, that Romo could be throwing in two weeks time as the throwing motion doesnít adversely affect the L1 vertebra.

"The bad news is heís out a minimum 6 weeks. The good news is thereís no surgery required. This injury heals well on its own and there should be no long term issues."

I dont think being 'downplayed' is a correct description here. As for your tone, you immediately jumped to spin from a medical source with no dog in the fight. You also immediately dismissed the info without 2nd thought.

Here is the article with Chao discussing the injury

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/...-to-play-again

Here is the article with Chao discussing the injury

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/...-to-play-again
    Interesting read. A compression fracture in itself isn't that bad, and at L1 it's in an area where the discs typically don't degrade and fall apart until the ones below it do. Never knew the specifics of that injury. A lot more players probably play with compression fractures than we think, and most of them are probably undiagnosed.

I'm more worried about his overall physical health. He's broken his collar bone 3 times now, had a couple surgeries on it and is probably a couple hard hits away from re-injuring it, it's not in good shape. He also has a tendency to keep himself in games when he's hurt and try to tough things out, he did it with a punctured lung and after he hurt his collarbone. He tries to come back too soon from injuries. He's tough mentally, and physically probably too but he's just taken too much of a beating and I'd hate to see him behind our oline last season, or current oline. If we drastically upgrade our pass protection I'd be fine with him here. He wants to win, we want to win, and that's all great. I want to see us get some protection before we bring him in, if we do.