Thread: Gronk

Gronk

There have been rumors all offseason that the Pats would try and trade Gronk. New rumors are coming out that the Pats are trying to trade for Brandin Cooks. If they acquire Cooks and sign him to a long term deal I feel like it's very likely they trade Gronk.

Thoughts on Gronk?

Pats are usually pretty smart as to when to get rid of players but it wont happen until next offseason at least if it did.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Don't get me wrong I think the dude is a straight beast and IF he can stay healthy the rest of his career, I believe he would go down as one of the best all time. However, too many injuries plus it would cost us many draft picks with a huge contract. Pass

Can't stand the guy.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

They picked the wrong time to try and trade him. Its a deep TE class this year. Then you have his injury history.

The way things are right now if you asked me would I rather use a 2nd round pick on engram or Hodges or trade for gronk with that same 2nd I'm going the rookie route.

Plus his contract nearly doubles on from 6.5 to. 11 and then 12 for the final years. Not sure we would be able to pay that out.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Can't stand the guy.
    Gronk is the only guy I can actually stand on that team.

The Broncos have been one of the few teams in the AFC that give problems to the Patriots. Why would they trade Gronkowski to the Broncos? We're talking about an All-Pro TE who is a touchdown machine. Belichick traded A.J. Derby to an AFC rival because he thinks Derby is harmless.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

At his best Gronk might be the best TE in NFL history, but the injuries continue to add up year after year due to his physical playing style. Doubt New England would trade him to us, but at this point I would rather try to get one of the top 5 TE's in this draft class.