Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Adam shaheen

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,271

    Adam shaheen

    So I wanted to have a discussion about ADAM SHAHEEN and his overall performance and why I think he'd fit our team. Before I jump into this I am happy if this thread becomes more of an overall TE discussion but for now I am focusing on Shaheen.

    Stats:

    Height: 6ft6
    Weight: 278lbs
    Hands: 9 5/8"
    Arms: 33 1/2"

    40 Time: 4.79
    Bench: 24 Reps (lead TE's)


    So looking at his size and speed I see him as a perfect option for our young Qb's in the passing game. He clearly has the strength to block but likely needs to work on technique. Overall I'd see him as a great compliment to Jeff H. & Green.

    thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    So I wanted to have a discussion about ADAM SHAHEEN and his overall performance and why I think he'd fit our team. Before I jump into this I am happy if this thread becomes more of an overall TE discussion but for now I am focusing on Shaheen.

    Stats:

    Height: 6ft6
    Weight: 278lbs
    Hands: 9 5/8"
    Arms: 33 1/2"

    40 Time: 4.79
    Bench: 24 Reps (lead TE's)


    So looking at his size and speed I see him as a perfect option for our young Qb's in the passing game. He clearly has the strength to block but likely needs to work on technique. Overall I'd see him as a great compliment to Jeff H. & Green.

    thoughts?
    I like him. But o.j. Howard and Njoku are both all pros waiting to happen. If Howard is there and we have addressed oline to our satisfaction in free agency I can't see us passing on him

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    So I wanted to have a discussion about ADAM SHAHEEN and his overall performance and why I think he'd fit our team. Before I jump into this I am happy if this thread becomes more of an overall TE discussion but for now I am focusing on Shaheen.

    Stats:

    Height: 6ft6
    Weight: 278lbs
    Hands: 9 5/8"
    Arms: 33 1/2"

    40 Time: 4.79
    Bench: 24 Reps (lead TE's)


    So looking at his size and speed I see him as a perfect option for our young Qb's in the passing game. He clearly has the strength to block but likely needs to work on technique. Overall I'd see him as a great compliment to Jeff H. & Green.

    thoughts?
    How is he in the blocking department? 4.79 seems a little slow. How did he compare to other TEs?

    I have been on the Sprinkle bandwagon for some time now. He is big with some speed, but his best attribute is his blocking.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    413
    I'm praying some how we end up with OJ Howard and Mixon. So it's up to Elway to fix this line in free agency. I have a feeling Howard will be the best TE in the league in a few years.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I'm praying some how we end up with OJ Howard and Mixon. So it's up to Elway to fix this line in free agency. I have a feeling Howard will be the best TE in the league in a few years.
    I would love if we ended up with Howard and Mixon. I agree, I think Howard will be the next big thing at tight end.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,873
    I'm hoping for one of Howard, Njoku, or Hodges. I think those three are in a class above the rest.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    How is he in the blocking department? 4.79 seems a little slow. How did he compare to other TEs?

    I have been on the Sprinkle bandwagon for some time now. He is big with some speed, but his best attribute is his blocking.
    I agree but 6f6 and 278 lbs cannot be taught. He ran a good 40 time and has shown great hands and body conto for his size. I look at some of the other TE's mentioned and their general size and frame has been a common one in the NFL. We've seen guys who are supposed to be great not be or be just average. Many of them in the same body and build of Hodges and Sprinkle. Ebron comes to mind there as an example. I also look at our QBS and there is a lot to be said for a huge body like that who will simply command either a top coverage guy or a double due to size. I think of what a 'big set' would look like if we used Green, Adam, Taylor and DT....mix that in with a speed set where Raymond and Sanders come in to replace Adam and Taylor or DT and wow

    Don't get me wrong some of the other guys look good to great as well but there is a lot to be said for a size speed blend.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I agree but 6f6 and 278 lbs cannot be taught. He ran a good 40 time and has shown great hands and body conto for his size. I look at some of the other TE's mentioned and their general size and frame has been a common one in the NFL. We've seen guys who are supposed to be great not be or be just average. Many of them in the same body and build of Hodges and Sprinkle. Ebron comes to mind there as an example. I also look at our QBS and there is a lot to be said for a huge body like that who will simply command either a top coverage guy or a double due to size. I think of what a 'big set' would look like if we used Green, Adam, Taylor and DT....mix that in with a speed set where Raymond and Sanders come in to replace Adam and Taylor or DT and wow

    Don't get me wrong some of the other guys look good to great as well but there is a lot to be said for a size speed blend.
    Than why not go with Howard, if you can get him? He's 6'6", 255lbs and ran a 4.51 40. This dude is going to be a mismatch nightmare. He's a size mismatch against safeties and a speed mismatch against linebackers. He's a 3 down tight end that you don't need to take off the field.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,341
    Engram and Hodges. Engram scares me because DT looks bigger than he does and I doubt he can hold his own when blocking. Bucky Hodges is a much better blocker than he gets credit for and he is very willing watch him in the Tennessee game. 6'7 with a 39 inch vert gonna draw alot of attention in the red zone and open everyone else up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmack93 View Post
    Than why not go with Howard, if you can get him? He's 6'6", 255lbs and ran a 4.51 40. This dude is going to be a mismatch nightmare. He's a size mismatch against safeties and a speed mismatch against linebackers. He's a 3 down tight end that you don't need to take off the field.
    Rightly or wrongly I am operating under the assumption that Howard is not there at 20...for all of those reasons and more.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    5,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    I like him. But o.j. Howard and Njoku are both all pros waiting to happen. If Howard is there and we have addressed oline to our satisfaction in free agency I can't see us passing on him
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ges?id=2558011
    or this guy in the second or third with proper coaching he is the rawest but most talented TE prospect this year 6'6 257 4.57 all he needs to do is refine he route running and he will be the best TE this draft

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,035
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Engram and Hodges. Engram scares me because DT looks bigger than he does and I doubt he can hold his own when blocking. Bucky Hodges is a much better blocker than he gets credit for and he is very willing watch him in the Tennessee game. 6'7 with a 39 inch vert gonna draw alot of attention in the red zone and open everyone else up.
    Engram is going to be a mismatch move TE. I see him as a faster Delanie Walker, who came out as a WR. Walker is 6.2 on a good day, but super athletic for the position. Funny thing is, seen Engram compared to Reed who is a 4.7 guy, I think Walker is a better comparison and Aaron Hernandez may not be too far off.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,423
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    How is he in the blocking department? 4.79 seems a little slow. How did he compare to other TEs?

    I have been on the Sprinkle bandwagon for some time now. He is big with some speed, but his best attribute is his blocking.
    For a guy who weighs 280?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,423
    Evan Engram is more of an H-Back than an in-line TE. Even O.J. Howard probably won't line up tight half the time and has a lot of upside as a receiver. Shaheen played tight in a three-point stance in college. If an in-line TE who can block from the tight Y spot and be a receiving threat on Drag, Chair, Seam, Out, then he's the best all around TE available. David Njoku is pretty intriguing and seems to have a lot of upside.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,663
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Evan Engram is more of an H-Back than an in-line TE. Even O.J. Howard probably won't line up tight half the time and has a lot of upside as a receiver. Shaheen played tight in a three-point stance in college. If an in-line TE who can block from the tight Y spot and be a receiving threat on Drag, Chair, Seam, Out, then he's the best all around TE available. David Njoku is pretty intriguing and seems to have a lot of upside.
    What's your opinion on Jeremy Sprinkle? At the combine it was said that Arkansas made him a great blocker. He has the size to be a receiver as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •