Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

question for bap

does any of these this still remain true in your opinion

august 2014
    since the hiring of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy a year and a half ago, the charges are the most improved team in the division, and one of the most improved in the NFL.
    9-7
    9-7
    4-12
    5-11 and moved to LA, Mike McCoy fired

oh and come talk to me in a few years well after manning retires and you are trying to rebuild your team while being in cap hell.

i will be here to say i told you so
    yes that is the situation the broncos are in. in a couple years your team will be in cap hell
    chargers...5.1 in cap space
    broncos 41.1 in cap space + 2 afc championships and a lombardy

I'm sorry Baph, but that's funny!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I'm sorry Baph, but that's funny!!!!

we could go on too

like how telesco has done more to improve the chargers than Elway...since telesco took over a 8-8 team with 5 mill in cap vrs Elway who took over a 4-12 team with 24 mill...yet elways team won the SB just a season ago, and has almost doubled that cap number while telesco has

dropped below .500 and still has 5 mill cap

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    does any of these this still remain true in your opinion

9-7
    9-7
    4-12
    5-11 and moved to LA, Mike McCoy fired

chargers...5.1 in cap space
    broncos 41.1 in cap space + 2 afc championships and a lombardy
    no, i do not think that still holds true, i think the raiders are the most improved team since then. that said, i do think the broncos are the team in the division going the wrong direction and will likely be in last place this next season.

i also still think the charger are a better team top to bottom than the broncos. the only thing holding them back is all the injuries to key players and thy need to fix their OL.

let me ask you a question, do you still believe tim tebow is the broncos future? do you still think jay cutler is great? do you still think your "stable" of running backs are not garbage?

it's no wonder you never say anything in smack anymore other than to respond to what i say, do you ever get anything right?

by the way, the chargers are fine in terms of cap currently sitting at $21 million under the cap after trimming the fat. if the charges can figure out the injury bug, they will be a dangerous team just like they were last year at he beginning of the season when they were healthy.

the broncos? do you really think romo is going to save your team from mediocrity like manning did? what's the over/under on how many weeks he will last until going on IR playing in this division?

your defensive mastermind is also gone and that means almost absolutely that your defense will take yet another step back. yeah man, i said a few years after manning retired and it's been exactly one year, my claim is still unfolding in front of all out eyes as we speak.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

we could go on too

like how telesco has done more to improve the chargers than Elway...since telesco took over a 8-8 team with 5 mill in cap vrs Elway who took over a 4-12 team with 24 mill...yet elways team won the SB just a season ago, and has almost doubled that cap number while telesco has

dropped below .500 and still has 5 mill cap
    i said telesco has done more than elway? really? show me. the very reason i give you guys a hard time about elway is because of how so many of you pump him up as the greatest GM in the NFL and some have even asked the question asking if he can go to the HOF as a GM.

you don't see me saying anything like that about telesco, even though i think he's done a good job and is a better GM than AJ smith ever was.

telesco has made some poor choices in terms of personnel but so has elway. elway can't draft on the offensive side of the ball to save his life and he damn sure can't draft a QB worth a crap

he's had a lot of his success through FA signings, even though he's made a few decent draft picks on the defensive side of the ball.

i have said in the past elway has done a good job and i still believe that, but i also believe telesco has done a good job the past couple years as well.

if telesco has anywhere near the same off season he had last season, the chargers will be in great shape, injuries aside of course.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    no, i do not think that still holds true, i think the raiders are the most improved team since then. that said, i do think the broncos are the team in the division going the wrong direction and will likely be in last place this next season.

i also still think the charger are a better team top to bottom than the broncos. the only thing holding them back is all the injuries to key players and thy need to fix their OL.

let me ask you a question, do you still believe tim tebow is the broncos future? do you still think jay cutler is great? do you still think your "stable" of running backs are not garbage?

it's no wonder you never say anything in smack anymore other than to respond to what i say, do you ever get anything right?

by the way, the chargers are fine in terms of cap currently sitting at $21 million under the cap after trimming the fat. if the charges can figure out the injury bug, they will be a dangerous team just like they were last year at he beginning of the season when they were healthy.

the broncos? do you really think romo is going to save your team from mediocrity like manning did? what's the over/under on how many weeks he will last until going on IR playing in this division?

your defensive mastermind is also gone and that means almost absolutely that your defense will take yet another step back. yeah man, i said a few years after manning retired and it's been exactly one year, my claim is still unfolding in front of all out eyes as we speak.
    so we lost a HOF QB, started a virtual rookie with one snap under his belt and still managed to win four more games than the bolts...who have gotten worse each season and moving to L:A is not gonna improve that

and were going backward

but the chargers are then only ones that have injuries, right...only dam team in the league to have injuries and the only reason your team sucks

I mean the broncos losing their starting RDE in preseason, RB CJ Anderson full back Add to dictionary, back up RB Bibbs as well as key players like Wolfe, ward, Ware, tale, Marshall, T Davis missing multiple games

was a blessing for us ...right bap...injuries only effect the bolts and no one else

as for tebow...did I ever start a thread on the bolts board proclaiming that...did I ever do anything except say give him a chance? no

so we lost a HOF QB, started a virtual rookie with one snap under his belt and still managed to win four more games than the bolts...who have gotten worse each season and moving to L:A is not gonna improve that

and were going backward
    losing your QB was a big part of that, which is why i said give it a few years after he retires. it's another reason why i said that manning saved your team from mediocrity and made elway look better as a GM than he actually is.

now your offense has two receivers who are good but getting older and after that? absolutely nothing. your defense took a minor step back last season like i said they would and now after losing wade they will no doubt take another step back because before he got there they were good but not elite.

so yeah, i would say your team is going the wrong direction but we will see what happens this off season.

but the chargers are then only ones that have injuries, right...only dam team in the league to have injuries and the only reason your team sucks

I mean the broncos losing their starting RDE in preseason, RB CJ Anderson full back Add to dictionary, back up RB Bibbs as well as key players like Wolfe, ward, Ware, tale, Marshall, T Davis missing multiple games

was a blessing for us ...right bap...injuries only effect the bolts and no one else
    first of all, you know i am not a fan of the injury excuse as i do agree all teams have them. but no team has been injured like the chargers have been over the last 3 seasons, nobody.

i clearly remember you making all kinds of excuses about your running backs being decimated one season and blamed that directly on why you lost.

try losing enough players for the season to fill an NFL offense and defense. try being down to your 5th RB as well as your 4th and 5th WR. all the while having arguably the worst OL in the league.

i'm not talking about guys being banged up and missing a game or two, i'm talking about 22 guys going down for the season which doesn't include guys that missed games here and there.

are you telling me that has no barring on wins and losses? there is no excuse for the choking early in the season but the fact is, the chargers were jumping all over teams early in the season when they were sort of healthy.

if a team lost their franchise QB for the season that wouldn't be any worse than what the chargers had to endure. we are not talking just one season either, it's been a real problem for them over the past few years and i know you are aware of this but you conveniently ignore it.

oh and you compare the broncos injuries to the chargers? really? you mean the broncos who were one of the healthier teams in the NFL last season? they had what? one key injury on IR until the end of the season?

that's the difference....your team was virtually at full strength and mediocre. the chargers were never really at full strength, they lost at least one key player for the season every single week for 9 out of the first 11 games....let that sink in for a moment.

this isn't about making excuses for losing, this is about having your talent on the field and if the chargers have another injury riddled season like that they will be lucky to win 5 games again.

as for tebow...did I ever start a thread on the bolts board proclaiming that...did I ever do anything except say give him a chance? no
    i don't remember honestly but you sure as hell argued with me about it and my argument always was that he wasn't a starting quality QB because i knew he had a lot of issues transitioning to the NFL, like a lot of college QB's do that have a similar skillet.

i'm only bringing it up because you love to pretend how wrong i am, i'm right a lot too and i'm not afraid to voice my opinion which could end up being wrong, i guess that's the difference between you and i, at least anymore.

by the way, i like how you didn't deny it about cutler

what did i used to say about him? oh yeah, has all the physical tools but he is a head case and a career loser......boy was i wrong!
    Last edited by baphamet; 03-08-2017 at 05:50 PM.

ask mike mccoy off the record if those injuries lost him his job and see what he says. a lot of people felt he deserved a mulligan and if it were not for the early season choking combined with the move to LA he may have gotten one.

the chargers have talent, they may be made of glass, but they do have talent.
    Last edited by baphamet; 03-08-2017 at 10:28 PM.

i said telesco has done more than elway? really? show me. the very reason i give you guys a hard time about elway is because of how so many of you pump him up as the greatest GM in the NFL and some have even asked the question asking if he can go to the HOF as a GM.

you don't see me saying anything like that about telesco, even though i think he's done a good job and is a better GM than AJ smith ever was.

telesco has made some poor choices in terms of personnel but so has elway. elway can't draft on the offensive side of the ball to save his life and he damn sure can't draft a QB worth a crap

he's had a lot of his success through FA signings, even though he's made a few decent draft picks on the defensive side of the ball.

i have said in the past elway has done a good job and i still believe that, but i also believe telesco has done a good job the past couple years as well.

if telesco has anywhere near the same off season he had last season, the chargers will be in great shape, injuries aside of course.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...97#post5019297
    are you kidding me?? elway has been breaking the bank writing checks, he stepped into a fantastic situation in Denver. tom telesco stepped into a much worse situation, only difference was he had a QB already.

the chargers were in cap hell and had a lot of dead money eating up much of the cap when telesco got there, in fact they still do. next year that dead money finally goes away and yet he still vastly improved this team.

telesco has simply done more with less than elway has.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...18#post5019318
    elway gets too much credit for writing big checks, that's not amazing in my book.

do i think telesco has done a better job than elway? well considering elway had like 5X more money to bring people in, i would say he has done at least as good of a job if not better

now the crux of the issue was your stupid idea that telesco took over a 8-8 team, with a pro bowl QB, HOF TE and did more and a better job than elway...simply because Elway cleared space and had 20 mill more in cap space...keeping in mind Elway took over a team that was 4-12. and of that 2010 team only 2-3 were on the 2013 superbowl team

your second fail was your continued cry that all Elway did was write huge checks to free agents which would put us in cap hell

again...we have played in two and won a superbowl...and have over 40 mill in cap space with most of our big guys signed
    telesco...5 million, isn't that what he inherited in 2012

every year you sit and blame either ...the coaches, the defense. the special teams, offensive scheme or injuries as your excuse for charger fails

the chargers just suck dude...your one retirement away from a string of #1 picks

losing your QB was a big part of that, which is why i said give it a few years after he retires. it's another reason why i said that manning saved your team from mediocrity and made elway look better as a GM than he actually is.

is that like rocket science...I predict that after your all world, HOF and one of the greatest ever qb retires your team gonna struggle
    wow that's uncanny

meanwhile in this place we call reality, manning had 2,200 passing yards, 9 TDs and !7 ints in his last season..and we still won the superbowl
    now your offense has two receivers who are good but getting older and after that? absolutely nothing. your defense took a minor step back last season like i said they would and now after losing wade they will no doubt take another step back because before he got there they were good but not elite.
    both have played five seasons as a 16 game starter or contributor...and played sparenly in their first 2 seasons...they are prime
    we have sunshine and this thingy called the draft, perhaps you heard of it

meanwhile you have one wr who ends every season on the bench and a TE going into his 15th season with a QB going into his 14th...they have their villas reserved at Ben Gay heights

as for the defense...I bet they are better than the bolts
    so yeah, i would say your team is going the wrong direction but we will see what happens this off season.

as opposed to sucking so bad your home city refuses to help pay a tax to keep your sorry franchise there and you move to be the red headed step child of the LA rams

first of all, you know i am not a fan of the injury excuse as i do agree all teams have them. but no team has been injured like the chargers have been over the last 3 seasons, nobody.

i clearly remember you making all kinds of excuses about your running backs being decimated one season and blamed that directly on why you lost.

try losing enough players for the season to fill an NFL offense and defense. try being down to your 5th RB as well as your 4th and 5th WR. all the while having arguably the worst OL in the league.

i'm not talking about guys being banged up and missing a game or two, i'm talking about 22 guys going down for the season which doesn't include guys that missed games here and there.

ohh boo hoo you have injuries...so does every team in the league, perhaps you need to change your conditioning coach

as for 2008 I didn't use losing 6 consecutive RBs as an excuse...you stated losing players that were not probowl did not impact a team as much as losing probowl players... because we ended the season with one oline player that started the year, our 7th rb as we lost a three game lead down the stretch.

my counter was that a starting RB must know the plays, the blocking assignments to be effective, and if your picking up guys off the street on Monday and starting them on sunday...it hampers the offense....I stated that a guy might not be a brobowl player on a team, but if hes the best player at that position it is a loss...YOU DISAGREED

but now your coming full circle...
    are you telling me that has no barring on wins and losses? there is no excuse for the choking early in the season but the fact is, the chargers were jumping all over teams early in the season when they were sort of healthy.

no I'm telling t you exactly what you told us in 2013 after losing multiple impact players like wolfe, Miller, moore, ...because you stated then, using injuries was an excuse

as for jumping all over teams early...dude you were 1-4

if a team lost their franchise QB for the season that wouldn't be any worse than what the chargers had to endure. we are not talking just one season either, it's been a real problem for them over the past few years and i know you are aware of this but you conveniently ignore it.

ya this year its injuries, year before it was the crummy offensive scheme, year before that it was defense, year before that worst special teams in the league...it goes on and on always an excuse
    oh and you compare the broncos injuries to the chargers? really? you mean the broncos who were one of the healthier teams in the NFL last season? they had what? one key injury on IR until the end of the season?

sniff...I feel a tear coming ...this big emotional display of injury excuses
    that's the difference....your team was virtually at full strength and mediocre. the chargers were never really at full strength, they lost at least one key player for the season every single week for 9 out of the first 11 games....let that sink in for a moment.

virtually full strength?...ya a rookie qb that had taken one single live snap the season before, losing our starting DE walker, FB janovich, RB Bibbs, probowl rb, cj Anderson as well as the other injuries that could have given us one more win to get into the post...wolfe, ware, talib, simian.....but then we don't make injury excuses....we didn't get in because our oline sucked, our play calling sucked, our offense sucked....that will change this year
    this isn't about making excuses for losing, this is about having your talent on the field and if the chargers have another injury riddled season like that they will be lucky to win 5 games again.

no it clearly looks like your crying around and using the injury excuse

i don't remember honestly but you sure as hell argued with me about it and my argument always was that he wasn't a starting quality QB because i knew he had a lot of issues transitioning to the NFL, like a lot of college QB's do that have a similar skillet.

wrong, what I aurgued was I would rather see him play than the feinting goat orton

i'm only bringing it up because you love to pretend how wrong i am, i'm right a lot too and i'm not afraid to voice my opinion which could end up being wrong, i guess that's the difference between you and i, at least anymore.

by the way, i like how you didn't deny it about cutler

what did i used to say about him? oh yeah, has all the physical tools but he is a head case and a career loser......boy was i wrong!
    cutler...who knows what cutler could have become....at this point I realize that's all you have right, other then injury excuses and buying new LA gear
    Last edited by arapaho; 03-09-2017 at 11:23 AM.

ask mike mccoy off the record if those injuries lost him his job and see what he says. a lot of people felt he deserved a mulligan and if it were not for the early season choking combined with the move to LA he may have gotten one.

the chargers have talent, they may be made of glass, but they do have talent.

4-11

5-12

is not talent

4-11

5-12

is not talent
    haha sheer ignorance right there, it's obvious you have no answer when dealing with me. same ol arapaho, nothing but stat watching and looking at last years win loss record to get to a sweeping conclusion because that's all you know.

so your team went from winning 11+ games to 9, guess they lost a bunch of talent somewhere? or is that different because they are the broncos?

cutler...who knows what cutler could have become....at this point I realize that's all you have right, other then injury excuses and buying new LA gear
    cutler is trash no matter who he plays for and so was tebow. here is a question, what have you been right about in the past few years? or at all for that matter? all you do is respond to what i say, grow a pair and express your opinions, don't be scared lil feller.

haha sheer ignorance right there, it's obvious you have no answer when dealing with me. same ol arapaho, nothing but stat watching and looking at last years win loss record to get to a sweeping conclusion because that's all you know.

so your team went from winning 11+ games to 9, guess they lost a bunch of talent somewhere? or is that different because they are the broncos?
    9 games after losing one of the greatest qbs to ever play...is like a bad thing??

how many games would you lose without your afc west version of Vinnie testeverde

I mean your already at12 and 11 loses with him.....would the answer be 0

Oh Baphie, you have said this all BEFORE! Keep doubting Elway man! You know we love you more then our luggage!!!
    oh YEAH?