Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    9 games after losing one of the greatest qbs to ever play...is like a bad thing??

how many games would you lose without your afc west version of Vinnie testeverde

I mean your already at12 and 11 loses with him.....would the answer be 0
    9 wins is not good talent, it's mediocre. i'm just using your dumb logic here, arapaho.

oh and when half your team is on IR, i would wager most teams would struggle to win 5 games.

rivers has proven to win a lot more games than 5, one time elway only won 5 games in a season mixed in with a bunch of mediocre 7 and 8 win type seasons, guess he sucked too huh?
    Last edited by baphamet; 03-13-2017 at 08:38 AM.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    Oh Baphie, you have said this all BEFORE! Keep doubting Elway man! You know we love you more then our luggage!!!
    i know, i said it last year when i told you all last off season would be his truest test as a GM yet and i was spot on accurate when he had a rough off season that spilled over into the regular season.

elway, the guy that you all trust, who cannot draft a QB even if his life depended on it......the same dude that offered brock 17 million per year

like i said, elway has done a good job so far, i do not deny that. but it's funny to take jabs at him and to watch you all cry about it, it's a lot of fun!

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    9 wins is not good talent, it's mediocre. i'm just using your dumb logic here, arapaho.

oh and when half your team is on IR, i would wager most teams would struggle to win 5 games.

rivers has proven to win a lot more games than 5, one time elway only won 5 games in a season mixed in with a bunch of mediocre 7 and 8 win type seasons, guess he sucked too huh?

you exaggerate waaaay to much sonny...I recall losing 11 players to IR in 2013
    including von, harris, moore, vickerson, wolfe, kuper , Walton, koppen, clady

we didn't go 5-11

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    you exaggerate waaaay to much sonny...I recall losing 11 players to IR in 2013
    including von, harris, moore, vickerson, wolfe, kuper , Walton, koppen, clady

we didn't go 5-11
    what am i exaggerating exactly? i just don't think you fully understand the scope of the injuries they had.

again......the chargers lost at least one player for the season in 9 out of their first 11 games in 2016. that isn't including when they lost stevie johnson, brandin olver, and a bunch of other guys before the season even started.

it's not just that they lost players, it's the key players that they lost in combination with the leagues worst OL which was relatively healthy all season.

lets see.......lose your top 4 RB's for the season........lose 2 of your top 3 WR's.....and have the worst OL in football according to pff?

people were making excuses for brees and rodgers for the injuries around them but none of them lost as much as rivers did. the defensive side of the ball still had some pieces but the secondary was banged up most of the season with only hayward staying healthy as well as the LB'ers being so banged up they had to put an OLB as MLB because they lost all of them to injury.

not to mention losing brandon mebane for the season was huge as well for the DL. it's not just last year either, the chargers have been going through this for the last 3 seasons, last year just happened to be the worst of the bunch.

in the last three season no team has been more decimated than the chargers, that is a fact you can take to the bank. that is not to say that's the only reason why they lost because with a solid OL i believe they would have won a lot more games, that OL was a huge part of the losing for sure.

what am i exaggerating exactly? i just don't think you fully understand the scope of the injuries they had.

again......the chargers lost at least one player for the season in 9 out of their first 11 games in 2016. that isn't including when they lost stevie johnson, brandin olver, and a bunch of other guys before the season even started.

it's not just that they lost players, it's the key players that they lost in combination with the leagues worst OL which was relatively healthy all season.

lets see.......lose your top 4 RB's for the season........lose 2 of your top 3 WR's.....and have the worst OL in football according to pff?

people were making excuses for brees and rodgers for the injuries around them but none of them lost as much as rivers did. the defensive side of the ball still had some pieces but the secondary was banged up most of the season with only hayward staying healthy as well as the LB'ers being so banged up they had to put an OLB as MLB because they lost all of them to injury.

not to mention losing brandon mebane for the season was huge as well for the DL. it's not just last year either, the chargers have been going through this for the last 3 seasons, last year just happened to be the worst of the bunch.

in the last three season no team has been more decimated than the chargers, that is a fact you can take to the bank. that is not to say that's the only reason why they lost because with a solid OL i believe they would have won a lot more games, that OL was a huge part of the losing for sure.
    Lol....The injuries don't explain why Rivers becomes a shell of himself in close games. He looks like a borderline probowler through 3 qtrs then the River overflows and makes a mess of things.

It's been his weakness for the past decade or so (the majority of his career).

But I know you Charger fans.....You will keep piling up the OL and coach count for poor poor Phil!

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Lol....The injuries don't explain why Rivers becomes a shell of himself in close games. He looks like a borderline probowler through 3 qtrs then the River overflows and makes a mess of things.

It's been his weakness for the past decade or so (the majority of his career).

But I know you Charger fans.....You will keep piling up the OL and coach count for poor poor Phil!
    so not having almost all his weapons and arguably the worst OL in football doesn't explain anything?

you have been telling me the same thing for years, like that time you said every week that rivers was going to implode and he never did.

yes rivers needs at least average protection because he is a pocket passer. just like with tom brady, if you pressure him it changes everything and that's arguably the best QB of all time.

oh and did you happen to watch those games whee they blew 4th quarter leads? are you attempting to say that was all rivers' fault?

brandin oliver..IR 8-30...back up rb
    allen 9-12
    woodhead 9-19 ...back up rb
    teo 9-26
    10-7 verrtt
    mccluster.. 11-5 back up, has been
    mebane....11-22
    attacho..12-3
    flowers 12-14
    four impact players ...four.....now how is that any different than losing von miller, wolfe, Rahim moore, c harris, clady, koppen, Walton. vickerson.....except we DIDNT USE INJURIES AS AN EXCUSE AND GO 5-11

NFL NETWORK HAS THE BOLTS OLINE LISTED AT 20TH, 4 SPOTS ABOVE THE BRONCOS
    football insiders listed the bolts oline ranked 23rd in rush offense ( broncos 18th) 24th in passing ( bron 27th)
    another gross exaggeration

but losing 6 consecutive starting backs, not backups or one down backs like oliver or woodhead...didn't hurt us... your words in 2008

you sound so whiny...pooor baby...so many excuses!!! you had injuries and the deepest most improved and underrated team could not handle :laugh:

depth?...I thought telesco did more than Elway...we lost two starters on the dline in 2013 along with von miller and still won 13 games

your exaggerating as you typically do....no team has had more excuses for its suckitude than the chargers...you suck plain and simple...every year you have another excuse as to the teams re occurring fails...im sure 2017 will be no differant

so not having almost all his weapons and arguably the worst OL in football doesn't explain anything?

you have been telling me the same thing for years, like that time you said every week that rivers was going to implode and he never did.

yes rivers needs at least average protection because he is a pocket passer. just like with tom brady, if you pressure him it changes everything and that's arguably the best QB of all time.

oh and did you happen to watch those games whee they blew 4th quarter leads? are you attempting to say that was all rivers' fault?
    Lol Rivers does implode......If he manages to keep it close. Of course it's not "all his fault" but he doesn't deserve this magical perfect scenario that you Charger fans think he should. Every year it's the same tired excuse and every year a pitiful Charger fan base tries convincing themselves this time Phil won't choke.

You Charger fans seem to think that your luck is just bad......That somehow Rivers was cursed with 65 poor offensive lineman while other teams have evaded this curse.