Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    Christian.

We can use his skill set in so many ways and we keep him out of New England.
    Perhaps. The Pats already have Edelman, Amendola, and Hogan, though.

Yes on Howard or Njoku. This is all moot until we see how we do in FA.

Tight ends have much longer careers then running backs.

I would not be shocked at all if 2018 1st round pick was traded to land both a McCaffrey and Howard. Really depends on the grades we have on them, but if both are on the board when we pick...

Personally I like Engram at TE, he is a decent blocker, but I feel he is the type of threat up the seam that teams would need to respect it enough to open up both the sidelines and running game. Just can't put a LB on him, can't do it. So one less LB in the box and he can move from inline to slot to even outside.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I would not be shocked at all if 2018 1st round pick was traded to land both a McCaffrey and Howard. Really depends on the grades we have on them, but if both are on the board when we pick...

Personally I like Engram at TE, he is a decent blocker, but I feel he is the type of threat up the seam that teams would need to respect it enough to open up both the sidelines and running game. Just can't put a LB on him, can't do it. So one less LB in the box and he can move from inline to slot to even outside.
    This, honestly would be my dream scenario. Well....actually getting Foster and McCaffrey then Engram in the second is my Dream scenario...but your scenario would be second.
    New England Patriots GM

McCaffrey in the first and Engram in the second would definitely be a good first two rounds. If we can fill some o-line holes in FA.
    Last edited by SeNEBronco; 03-07-2017 at 03:25 PM.

to much of a luxury if the qb does have time to throw it.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    to much of a luxury if the qb does have time to throw it.
    Can't depend on draft to fix that issue IMO, how reaches happen.

What's funny is, no one has answered my question as to why Howard is a top 20 pick.

I was hoping someone would persuade me.

Someone explain to me why Howard is a better direction than a franchise left tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    What's funny is, no one has answered my question as to why Howard is a top 20 pick.

I was hoping someone would persuade me.

Someone explain to me why Howard is a better direction than a franchise left tackle.
    On one hand you have youtube on another scouts watching him in practice, games, workouts, and interviews...Youtube says he is average, scouts compare him to Greg Olsen. If that does not convince you he may be the better pick at 20, then please explain to me the sure fire LT you are talking about. I don't see one in this draft.

Howard is a game changer, as evidenced by the national championship game. The top 3 tackles all have flaws or question marks. I like Forrest Lamp but I think that is too high to take a guard, though he is versatile. Howard can stretch the seam and is a big target. I think it is just a down year on tackles and nobody wants to reach for one. Njoku is athletic also, as is Engram.

On one hand you have youtube on another scouts watching him in practice, games, workouts, and interviews...Youtube says he is average, scouts compare him to Greg Olsen. If that does not convince you he may be the better pick at 20, then please explain to me the sure fire LT you are talking about. I don't see one in this draft.
    Funny you mention practice and workouts because thought it was what we see on game day that counts?? And if we are talking about things off the game day field, NFL.com on his draft profile it talks about how scouts are questioning if he loves football..

Of course there are no guarantees on any of the top 3 LT's in this draft, but again my question, and maybe it's rhetorical...

What makes Howard a must at 20, over a guy like engram later?

I don't think O.J. Howard will be available at #20.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Might not have to worry about left tackle:

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Browns have "fielded" trade calls on LT Joe Thomas.
    Silver is not reporting that Cleveland is shopping its mainstay left tackle, only that its answering the phone. With the Browns in the midst of a full-blown teardown, flipping Thomas makes a lot of sense on paper, but not in the context of protecting a young quarterback and nurturing an offense. Signed for $8.8. million each of the next two seasons, Thomas remains an elite blindside protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    Funny you mention practice and workouts because thought it was what we see on game day that counts?? And if we are talking about things off the game day field, NFL.com on his draft profile it talks about how scouts are questioning if he loves football..

Of course there are no guarantees on any of the top 3 LT's in this draft, but again my question, and maybe it's rhetorical...

What makes Howard a must at 20, over a guy like engram later?
    Difference for me is Howard is much bigger and almost as fast, and as I stated before, can take over a game. It is not a given Engram will be there at 20 in the second round.