Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    It was his 18th birthday. It was in 2014.
    Joe Mixon made a terrible mistake.
    Joe Mixon doesn't even drink alcohol. He's not some thug who's repeatedly acted ignorant.
    Joe visits kids in hospitals, Joe's a favorite of young Sooner fans because he stays late and signs autographs.
    He made that horrible decision but I've watched him for 3 years and he is a fine young man.
    That one incident does not define Joe Mixon. Sad how people want him crucified forever for his one bad deed but DO NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE all his good deeds.
    He shouldn't have ever hit a woman - even if she hits him first.
    He's verbally apologized-- he apologized in writing - he was banned from the team and sat out a year- he's gonna lose MILLIONS.

I'd draft him in the 2nd round if he was available and he'd return KOs, punts, and be the 3rd down back for the next several years.

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomabronco View Post
    Joe Mixon doesn't even drink alcohol. He's not some thug who's repeatedly acted ignorant.
    Joe visits kids in hospitals, Joe's a favorite of young Sooner fans because he stays late and signs autographs.
    He made that horrible decision but I've watched him for 3 years and he is a fine young man.
    That one incident does not define Joe Mixon. Sad how people want him crucified forever for his one bad deed but DO NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE all his good deeds.
    He's verbally apologized-- he apologized in writing - he was banned from the team and sat out a year- he's gonna lose MILLIONS.

I'd draft him in the 2nd round if he was available and he'd return KOs, punts, and be the 3rd down back for the next several years.
    I don't think anyone wants him crucified, some of us would just prefer the Broncos don't pick him.

He's potentially going to lose millions (likely not) because he cost himself that based on poor actions.

If he's drafted in the 2nd I'd be hoping for more than a returner and 3rd down back for several years. Taking him in the 2nd should mean that he's in the running for the starting RB position this year and will be taking it next year.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't think anyone wants him crucified, some of us would just prefer the Broncos don't pick him.

He's potentially going to lose millions (likely not) because he cost himself that based on poor actions.

If he's drafted in the 2nd I'd be hoping for more than a returner and 3rd down back for several years. Taking him in the 2nd should mean that he's in the running for the starting RB position this year and will be taking it next year.

Ya seriously I don't give a hoot what he did I just know he's a polarizing and dividing player that we don't need

Some body is gonna grab him and hopefully he makes the best of his second shot and is a model citizen

But the broncos don't need him cause we're not that desperate enough for talent to invest highly in someone who could divide a room

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I believe in 2nd chances, I believe in "we all make mistakes", and I appreciate that we should look to rehabilitate wherever warranted. But for me, as has been said, there are plenty of other players to choose from. And until I see evidence that he has shown true remorse (perhaps he has, but I have not followed up of late), hey.....my opinion is my opinion. At this point, I do not have a lot of respect for the way he punished that young woman.

No matter how you look at it, not sure how folks can call out others for not wanting the guy on our roster.
    Well said.

Mixon's a topic tough for debate.

only so much good can even come out of this thread IMO...

He isn't going to lose anything. He has to earn millions before he can lose millions. Part of earning a contract is keeping yourself out of trouble.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    He isn't going to lose anything. He has to earn millions before he can lose millions. Part of earning a contract is keeping yourself out of trouble.
    I find it hilarious how folks are so worried and concerned about how these guys are gonna lose out on their millions. So ridiculous.

Like I posted before, there hasn't been one of these guys who has a questionable past that lost anything, not a thing. They all got drafted and they all got paid.

Jamies Winston, Ben Rapelisberger, Greg, the piece of crap Hardy, Adrian Peterson, Michael Vick, etc, etc. They all got paid their millions and came out just fine and dandy. Poor Joe Mixon will do so as well. He'll be just fine. Mark my words.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I find it hilarious how folks are so worried and concerned about how these guys are gonna lose out on their millions. So ridiculous.

Like I posted before, there hasn't been one of these guys who has a questionable past that lost anything, not a thing. They all got drafted and they all got paid.

Jamies Winston, Ben Rapelisberger, Greg, the piece of crap Hardy, Adrian Peterson, Michael Vick, etc, etc. They all got paid their millions and came out just fine and dandy. Poor Joe Mixon will do so as well. He'll be just fine. Mark my words.
    Of course he'll be fine. We'll all be fine.
    But that doesn't negate the fact that a player's public persona
    (accurate or inaccurate) will dictate the amount of money s/he will make.

In Joe's case, we're talking draft position with a set salary, endorsements,
    jersey sales, etc. So yeah, it's easy to talk about
    other people's money when it isn't our own.

You're right, though, "He'll be fine."
    He'll drive a Porsche but not a Lamborghini.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post

Nixon was the one who allowed his public persona to be damaged. He's the one who cost himself money by punching her, it wasn't the mistake that cost him, it was his choice that cost him that.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Nixon was the one who allowed his public persona to be damaged. He's the one who cost himself money by punching her, it wasn't the mistake that cost him, it was his choice that cost him that.
    You missed the point of my post.

Let me try again,

"Fine" is a relative term, and it's easy to talk about

You missed the point of my post.

Let me try again,

"Fine" is a relative term, and it's easy to talk about
    Oh please. Still not crying over anything that happens to him. If he loses out on any money and has to drive that poor Porsche and not the Lamborghini, it's because of his own behavior. Bad behavior and bad choices have consequences.

Yup, it's real easy for me to talk about not wanting my team to pay this guy any money. None. See how easy that was.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Oh please. Still not crying over anything that happens to him. If he loses out on any money and has to drive that poor Porsche and not the Lamborghini, it's because of his own behavior. Bad behavior and bad choices have consequences.

Yup, it's real easy for me to talk about not wanting my team to pay this guy any money. None. See how easy that was.
    1.) I get it's easy for you to talk about other people's money.
    2.) I hope "my" team (which technically doesn't belong to me) does draft Joe and pays him money.
    3.) I hope Mixon becomes a pro bowl player for DEN and leads us to several Lombardi's.
    4.) Finally, I hope you never make a mistake in life and are judged harshly.

Be well.

1.) I get it's easy for you to talk about other people's money.
    2.) I hope "my" team (which technically doesn't belong to me) does draft Joe and pays him money.
    3.) I hope Mixon becomes a pro bowl player for DEN and leads us to several Lombardi's.
    4.) Finally, I hope you never make a mistake in life and are judged harshly.

Be well.
    Apparently you haven't seen my post about Ray Rice. Have you? It's not that I don't believe people can't change or shouldn't be given a second chance. Because if that we're the case I wouldn't have advocated for Ray Rice.

Ray Rice, in my opinion, is a guy who should have been given a second chance. He took complete and total responsibility for his actions. If the Broncos chose to bring him in, I would completely support it.

I don't believe these guys are owed anything. Not until they prove it. That's the difference. For some reason I don't believe Mixon has proved anything yet. Ray Rice has.

Difference of opinion. So what? It's not that I haven't made mistakes or am an unforgiving person. I'm just tired of people who believe they are entitled to things when they aren't entitled to anything and when others make excuses or feel so eternally bad for them.

Like I said, I haven't seen any of these guys who've had questionable pasts ever be denied anything or not make their money you all are so worried about. I believe he'll be drafted and will be eventually rolling in dough. So no need to worry about him.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 03-11-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Apparently you haven't seen my post about Ray Rice. Have you? It's not that I don't believe people can't change or shouldn't be given a second chance. Because if that we're the case I wouldn't have advocated for Ray Rice.

Ray Rice, in my opinion, is a guy who should have been given a second chance. He took complete and total responsibility for his actions. If the Broncos chose to bring him in, I would completely support it.

I don't believe these guys are owed anything. Not until they prove it. That's the difference. For some reason I don't believe Mixon has proved anything yet. Ray Rice has.

Difference of opinion. So what? It's not that I haven't made mistakes or am an unforgiving person. I'm just tired of people who believe they are entitled to things when they aren't entitled to anything and when others make excuses or feel so eternally bad for them.

Like I said, I haven't seen any of these guys who've had questionable pasts ever be denied anything or not make their money you all are so worried about. I believe he'll be drafted and will be eventually rolling in dough. So no need to worry about him.
    Didn't Ray Rice lie about the whole thing until video leaked. Both he and his wife lied about it IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Didn't Ray Rice lie about the whole thing until video leaked. Both he and his wife lied about it IIRC.
    I think it's pointless to argue this topic ad nauseam.
    (I'm officially done- after this post, but you, do you)

Hopefully, Joe Mixon's mistake will not cause him to
    drop too much in this draft.

If so, then I'd hope Elway gives this kid a second
    chance and drafts him if he feels Mixon can help the team.

When is the draft? lol

I think it's pointless to argue this topic ad nauseam.
    (I'm officially done- after this post, but you, do you)

Hopefully, Joe Mixon's mistake will not cause him to
    drop too much in this draft.

If so, then I'd hope Elway gives this kid a second
    chance and drafts him if he feels Mixon can help the team.

When is the draft? lol
    I agree. No one is going to budge on their stance.