Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I doubt any team wants Cody Latimer. After 3 seasons he still hasn't shown up. No, if the Browns are even considering a trade, they're going to want our very best to give their best player on the roster. Possibly Ray + high picks. That's the only way you get Joe Thomas, and that is never going to happen.
    Give them a Thomas for a Thomas...

An "elite" receiver in exchange for the blind side. Everybody wins!
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    The injury is to his non-throwing shoulder, so I wonder how much he'll really miss out on.
    But the other shoulder isn't static during a throw, you need to use both to throw a ball. I'm sure he'll be able to do some, but it will probably be limited both in quality as well as quantity. I hope he heals fast and is ready to go for training camp, I've said numerous times the best outcome for everyone (fans and team) are for both to come to camp 100% healthy, and they both take big steps forward and the team has a hard time picking a starter because both are playing at a high level. That's perfect world situation, unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

Except for the Broncos receiving core and QBs. No matter how hard anyone wishes to make it so, Emmanuel Sanders isn't a number 1 receiver. For a team desperately in need of a 3rd receiver and more receiving options, I'm not sure giving up the teams number 1 receiver is the proper way to go.

Also the Browns signed Kenny Britt, drafted Corey Coleman in the first round in 2016, drafted Ricardo Lewis in the 4th round of 2016, and then Rashard Higgins and Jordan Payton in the 5th round in 2016, and have a lot of high picks in the first couple of rounds in 2017 and 2018. I'm not sure trading for Demaryius Thomas would be anywhere on their radar at this point.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    If Elway is willing to move on from a QB that took the broncos to the playoff, and a playoff win (Tebow) he will move on from a QB that missed the playoff (Trevor).
    Teblow didnt take us to the playoffs our defense our coaches and running game did.Teblow was along for the ride
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Teblow didnt take us to the playoffs our defense our coaches and running game did.Teblow was along for the ride
    I hate to do this, but it's a slow morning lol. Let's just be honest, I WASN'T a Tebow fanatic, but this same defense played for Kyle Orton and we were horrible. Elway didn't sign any new players, we actually lost personnel, and the same team went on an incredible rally and made the playoffs. He looked absolutely horrible at times, but he has to get a good amount of credit for rallying a team that was in the slumps and getting to the playoffs. I didn't look good at times, but I'm pretty sure we cheered our butts off when we went on that run.

Not seeing them trading for DT or WR at all.

This will push some buttons but if any trade makes the most sense for both teams it is J. Thomas for Talib. Both over 30 yrs old. Both team leaders. Similar contracts with only short term cap implications.

Both teams win. Browns defense gets much better, Broncos offense gets much better. Hurts both teams just a bit to make it fair and realistic.

Except for the massive dead cap hit of 15million dollars if we trade Thomas.

DT is not getting traded. We are looking for a legit 3rd WR, lets not complicate it even more.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Yeah as really Paxon Lynch in the few games he played showed promise but also played like a rookie.
    MAY DAY MAY DAY!

Trevor Siemian is the man.

Trevor performed really well last year as a first year starter and showed a lot of promise in my opinion. I feel like if he had been a first round draft pick, then came out and performed like he did then everybody would be hailing him as the future and saying we have found a franchise quarterback. I am not saying that, I just feel the perception of him would be a lot different.

Trevor proved he was a tough guy last season playing pretty much all year long with a bad injury, and although it didn't appear to affect him at all, as someone who has had that injury knows, it 100% would of. Trevor handled himself exceptionally well last season behind our Offensive Line, they were flat out terrible in every area of the game however Trevor still played well. The group up front couldn't pass block or lay a foundation for a solid running game making the Quarterbacks job so much more difficult and taking no pressure away from the injured, first year starter.

And for me, this is the biggest indicator of how well Trevor actually played, the drop off that occurred when Paxton Lynch came into the game was evident and visible to everyone. Paxton Lynch looked so much worse with all the same factors affecting him and honestly showed little to no promise. Paxton Lynch looked like Tim Tebow out there making the results that Trevor produced even more impressive in my opinion.

Trevor had a solid year and showed plenty enough for me to be excited for his future in Denver. I really hope Tony Romo is not brought in and we stick with what we have because I really think with a running game and some protection, Trevor can be the guy going forward. And if we do bring in Tony Romo, I hope Trevor isn't traded because if Tony goes down, I would prefer Trevor stepping in to play as opposed to Paxton Lynch, unless Paxton Lynch comes back after this off-season a completely differently player cause his rookie debuts last season were flat out bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
    Trevor Siemian is the man.

Trevor performed really well last year as a first year starter and showed a lot of promise in my opinion. I feel like if he had been a first round draft pick, then came out and performed like he did then everybody would be hailing him as the future and saying we have found a franchise quarterback. I am not saying that, I just feel the perception of him would be a lot different.

Trevor proved he was a tough guy last season playing pretty much all year long with a bad injury, and although it didn't appear to affect him at all, as someone who has had that injury knows, it 100% would of. Trevor handled himself exceptionally well last season behind our Offensive Line, they were flat out terrible in every area of the game however Trevor still played well. The group up front couldn't pass block or lay a foundation for a solid running game making the Quarterbacks job so much more difficult and taking no pressure away from the injured, first year starter.

And for me, this is the biggest indicator of how well Trevor actually played, the drop off that occurred when Paxton Lynch came into the game was evident and visible to everyone. Paxton Lynch looked so much worse with all the same factors affecting him and honestly showed little to no promise. Paxton Lynch looked like Tim Tebow out there making the results that Trevor produced even more impressive in my opinion.

Trevor had a solid year and showed plenty enough for me to be excited for his future in Denver. I really hope Tony Romo is not brought in and we stick with what we have because I really think with a running game and some protection, Trevor can be the guy going forward. And if we do bring in Tony Romo, I hope Trevor isn't traded because if Tony goes down, I would prefer Trevor stepping in to play as opposed to Paxton Lynch, unless Paxton Lynch comes back after this off-season a completely differently player cause his rookie debuts last season were flat out bad.
    You make solid points, but my main concern is this is a Super Bowl caliber team, which may be too much for Siemian. People have said hey, he's played well for a 7th round pick with no experience. I don't really worry about where a guy is drafted, but I focus on how productive he is when he plays. His O line was bad and the run game was limited. However, with 2 pro bowl WRs, I just don't think Trevor's the type of QB that's going to be threatening. QBs don't grow on trees, but I think we need a QB that puts pressure on defenses, and I don't think many teams will fear facing Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    You make solid points, but my main concern is this is a Super Bowl caliber team, which may be too much for Siemian. People have said hey, he's played well for a 7th round pick with no experience. I don't really worry about where a guy is drafted, but I focus on how productive he is when he plays. His O line was bad and the run game was limited. However, with 2 pro bowl WRs, I just don't think Trevor's the type of QB that's going to be threatening. QBs don't grow on trees, but I think we need a QB that puts pressure on defenses, and I don't think many teams will fear facing Trevor.
    Well at least you're off the Jay Cutler train. Sorry man, couldn't help myself. Just joshing ya. lol
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Well at least you're off the Jay Cutler train. Sorry man, couldn't help myself. Just joshing ya. lol
    LOL!!! I knew I had it coming. I was never campaigning for Cutler. And not really campaigning for Romo either. I just can't get last year's taste out of my mouth. Sorry

LOL!!! I knew I had it coming. I was never campaigning for Cutler. And not really campaigning for Romo either. I just can't get last year's taste out of my mouth. Sorry
    Gave you a cp brother. You took a beating and hung in there. lol
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I guess we wont know until we face that hurdle, however I didn't think Trevor looked uncomfortable or out of place in any situation last year. He handled pressure really well in my opinion and on a number of fronts. Trevor replaced Peyton Manning and won a Quarterback competition no one thought he had a chance in. He started for the returning Superbowl champs and played behind a woeful Offensive Line while being injured. He had no support in the run game and protected the football reasonably well. I'm by no means saying he is amazing and is the certified future of the Broncos, but I feel he showed enough to be the guy this year.