Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Getting a high draft pick could help us grab an impact player. But let's just say Romo signs a 3 year deal and let's say he only last us 2 years. Trevor will be a FA and will get a good amount of money in FA. I would prefer not to trade him and to have him back up Romo if he goes down. But if someone offers us a 2nd/3rd ( unlikely) then we would have to take that.
    You absolutely do not trade Siemian for a 2nd or 3rd, especially when the starter gets significant injuries every season. Siemian has shown the potential to be a quality starter, how can that be valued at only a 2nd or 3rd? How anyone can think Romo will come to Denver and suddenly play injury free football is crazy. Even if we assemble the best oline he is still going to get hurt, it's the style of ball he plays. At 38 years old his body isn't going to suddenly start aging backwards. If Trevor does get traded to a QB needy team, hopefully it's not somewhere his potential will get wasted, San Francisco would probably be a good spot.

Again- I like Siemian- but he is imminently tradeable. More than likely his value will never be higher. Basic asset management IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    Again- I like Siemian- but he is imminently tradeable. More than likely his value will never be higher. Basic asset management IMHO.
    See and I see his value higher next year. This year I think you're looking at a conditional 2018 pick because of the injury, next year he will have the Mike Glennon effect and teams will value him higher.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    More than likely his value will never be higher.
    Don't know about that. With his work ethic and football IQ... He's entering his 3rd year, only started one season, plenty of room for improvement. Only time will tell.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Don't know about that. With his work ethic and football IQ... He's entering his 3rd year, only started one season, plenty of room for improvement. Only time will tell.
    Hear ya- but I guess I think of it this way... what if we had traded Griese (who had similar traits and far superior pedigree) in '00 or '01?

If the Broncos bring in Romo...that means they don't think Siemian is the future, or....the man....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    If the Broncos bring in Romo...that means they don't think Siemian is the future, or....the man....
    I already get the feeling they don't think he's quite the man some on here think.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    The fact that they didnt name him the starter says they dont think hes the future. At least Tebow was told he was the starter before we trade him.

If we don't get romo it's the cassel cutler situation all over again

Except Siemian isn't a prima Donna and will stay here

Still though

What a slap in the face punch in the gut. "Yes Trevor, we believe in you. No, we did not try to get rid of you yesterday"

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    If we don't get romo it's the cassel cutler situation all over again

Except Siemian isn't a prima Donna and will stay here

Still though

What a slap in the face punch in the gut. "Yes Trevor, we believe in you. No, we did not try to get rid of you yesterday"
    I don't see it that way. Both James Palmer and Mike Klis, cedible reporters for the Broncos, said the team is not currently shopping Siemian and that Romo really is not a priority. Maybe the Jets called to ask if Siemian were available and Elway said "no".

Besides, Siemian is a 7th-round pick that knows he will have to prove himself again and again. Cutler was a 1st-round QB perceived a the young franchise QB, so he had that sense of entitlement.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I don't see it that way. Both James Palmer and Mike Klis, cedible reporters for the Broncos, said the team is not currently shopping Siemian and that Romo really is not a priority. Maybe the Jets called to ask if Siemian were available and Elway said "no".

Besides, Siemian is a 7th-round pick that knows he will have to prove himself again and again. Cutler was a 1st-round QB perceived a the young franchise QB, so he had that sense of entitlement.
    I know its not the same

this whole thing has been less than a vote of confience though for sure

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    I know its not the same

this whole thing has been less than a vote of confience though for sure
    I think Siemian knows he already is in a better-than-expected situation. At least for a 7th-round pick. Remember, Brock Osweiler was supposed to be the Broncos franchise QB with a multi-year contract.

And let's face it, the only reason Siemian still has a chance in Denver is because Paxton Lynch has been a disappointment so far. If Lynch had shown the maturity and work ethic like Siemian, we would not even be talking about Tony Romo or QB competition.

Osweiler ran to Houston, Lynch did not get the job done, so Siemian continues to get a chance. He does have some talent, he seems to have the support in the locker room because of his hard work, but most of all I think he's grateful to still be in the mix.

It looks like Siemian is the "Plan C" surviving because "Plan A" signed with the Texans and "Plan B" still does not have what it takes to be an NFL QB.

I'm sorry but anyone that thinks Siemian is capable of leading this team to a SB is kidding themselves. If Elway rolls with him then he better pick up Joe Thomas as well as leary otherwise next year is going to be like groundhog day 2015/16.

Siemian was GREAT in this HUGE game against a great defense

I believe!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    I'm sorry but anyone that thinks Siemian is capable of leading this team to a SB is kidding themselves. If Elway rolls with him then he better pick up Joe Thomas as well as leary otherwise next year is going to be like groundhog day 2015/16.
    Let's be real here. Who can tell if any QB can be capable of leading a team in their first year.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50: