Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    Hear ya- but I guess I think of it this way... what if we had traded Griese (who had similar traits and far superior pedigree) in '00 or '01?
    Griese's issues were that he was so cerebral that it took him too long to factor in everything in the few seconds that he had to get rid of the ball. Yes Trevor and Griese have a lot in common, but Trevor doesn't have that problem and a much quicker release.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

am I the only one who LMAO at the thread title?

When Siemian got his chance to start his first NFL game, it was against the previous SB loser, who we beat and they had a lot of time to prepare for us. His whole first year was against many good teams and he did well for having such a poor o-line and playing hurt. I think teams can see his skills from the last season's tape and know that if he does play this season his trade price will be a lot higher. If any team is inquiring (Bills, 49ers, Jets) it is because they looked at his tape (Bills don't count because Dennison went to Bills). Most people know that Elways' boy is Paxton and unless he plays significantly less than Trevor, he is getting the Broncos's starting job because "his ceiling is higher" and his "athleticism". So teams know this and want to take a chance on Trevor before his price rises if he gets a year with a better o-line and running game which means more wins and QBs usually get the credit.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    Hear ya- but I guess I think of it this way... what if we had traded Griese (who had similar traits and far superior pedigree) in '00 or '01?
    I don't see it. I wasn't sad to see Griese traded. I think Trevor is only going to be improve with this season, hate reading news of trades. Although whatever move Elway makes always appears to be the right one...

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

[QUOTE=haciendadad;5557879]Let's be real here. Who can tell if any QB can be capable of leading a team in their first year.[/QUOTE

Did anyone see anything other than a back up 7th round pick? I mean, there were 'some' flashes but too many missed passes, struggling with reads, progressions etc.

We are not going to win the west right now with anything other than a baller for the foreseeable future and that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    am I the only one who LMAO at the thread title?
    You are not alone there. The thought of rolling with Siemian and wasting this defense over the next 2 seasons is crazy.

Teammates step up and say they can win with him some fans keep thinking 7th round pick...there may be a disconnect between the players and the fans.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

well Trevor may very well be the man now. Texans dumping Osweiler off on the Browns tells me they're willing to get into a bidding war for Romo since they have no real option left at QB. So unless something changes and Romo is willing to take less just for the sake of staying in Denver, I see him being a Texan and Siemian our starting QB.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Teammates step up and say they can win with him some fans keep thinking 7th round pick...there may be a disconnect between the players and the fans.
    Same thing was said when Kyle Orton was under center by players.
    Guess some fans arent happy with mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Let's be real here. Who can tell if any QB can be capable of leading a team in their first year.
    Did anyone see anything other than a back up 7th round pick? I mean, there were 'some' flashes but too many missed passes, struggling with reads, progressions etc.

We are not going to win the west right now with anything other than a baller for the foreseeable future and that's a fact.
    Definately - I saw a young inexperienced QB going 8-6 in the toughest defensive division in football and showing impressive command over reads, quick decisions and great football IQ.

I also saw a QB that did not have any particular elite physical skills - but then neither did Tom Brady or Payton Manning have any. If he grows this offseason I see a fantastic building block.

Trevor Siemian for the future He may not be built like John Elway but neither was Peyton or Thomas.
    I believe.

Prove it

You are not alone there. The thought of rolling with Siemian and wasting this defense over the next 2 seasons is crazy.
    Prove it

Same thing was said when Kyle Orton was under center by players.
    Guess some fans arent happy with mediocrity.
    Prove it
    Last edited by SoundsOfSuccess; 03-09-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Prove it

Prove it

Prove it
    I get it, you love Siemian. Tell you what, when we finish 3rd in the division again next year let's revisit this post.

I get it, you love Siemian. Tell you what, when we finish 3rd in the division again next year let's revisit this post.
    You are overestimating the chefs my friend

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    You are overestimating the chefs my friend
    You are only as good as your last season and they did make the playoffs.
    I'll happily be proven wrong on Siemian.