Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    You are only as good as your last season and they did make the playoffs.
    I'll happily be proven wrong on Siemian.
    Disagree. If a team clearly loses some important pieces and gains nothing, it's safe to say they're not as good as their last season. Not saying this fits the chiefs. Just replying to your first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Definately - I saw a young inexperienced QB going 8-6 in the toughest defensive division in football and showing impressive command over reads, quick decisions and great football IQ.

I also saw a QB that did not have any particular elite physical skills - but then neither did Tom Brady or Payton Manning have any. If he grows this offseason I see a fantastic building block.

Then why so many 3 and outs? Why so many missed passes to wide open WR?

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think Siemian knows he already is in a better-than-expected situation. At least for a 7th-round pick. Remember, Brock Osweiler was supposed to be the Broncos franchise QB with a multi-year contract.

And let's face it, the only reason Siemian still has a chance in Denver is because Paxton Lynch has been a disappointment so far. If Lynch had shown the maturity and work ethic like Siemian, we would not even be talking about Tony Romo or QB competition.

Osweiler ran to Houston, Lynch did not get the job done, so Siemian continues to get a chance. He does have some talent, he seems to have the support in the locker room because of his hard work, but most of all I think he's grateful to still be in the mix.

It looks like Siemian is the "Plan C" surviving because "Plan A" signed with the Texans and "Plan B" still does not have what it takes to be an NFL QB.
    Gotta go with Rod on this one. Siemien and Jay Cutler are entirely different people, who came from different situations. I don't want to get into bashing Jay Cutler, so I'll leave it at that. Not to get too far off topic, but Jay Cutler is one of those guys I would love to hang out with at a night club. As quarterback of my team though, forget about it.

I think Siemien has plenty of talent. Smart guy with a good work ethic, who has exhibited a mental toughness. If he's the starter this year, I'm fine with that.

[QUOTE=BroncoPower;5558002]
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Let's be real here. Who can tell if any QB can be capable of leading a team in their first year.[/QUOTE

Did anyone see anything other than a back up 7th round pick? I mean, there were 'some' flashes but too many missed passes, struggling with reads, progressions etc.

We are not going to win the west right now with anything other than a baller for the foreseeable future and that's a fact.
    No sir, that is an opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Obviously room to grow. TS completed almost 60% of his passes, I think what we should be looking for is 64% or > but we are talking about 3 more completions out of every 20 incompletes last year.

So how many of those were due to unexpected pressure? How many not on same page with WR on the route? Bad throws? Drops? I see a guy that can hit 65% with a YPA > 7.00 that would be league average to just outside top 10.

*Edit*
    What can we do as a team to help him get there?
    - Better run game/OL: If Leary and someone steps up at RG, we may be able to pund the ball up the gut...great for play action.
    - Better 3rd and 4th options: McCaffrey would be great for TS as a guy that from the slot could have the jukes of Edelman and have those quick timing passes for the 4-6 yard gains.
    - TE threat down the seam: Would open up the sideline coverage where TS is most proficient

So if the team improves and TS improves, I do think we have a guy that would rank 8-12 statistically. This may not be good enough for some fans looking for a top 3 guy, but all teams want that and only 3 teams get it.
    Last edited by MHSalute; 03-10-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

In Siemian I trust

#YoungMoneySiemian
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Obviously room to grow. TS completed almost 60% of his passes, I think what we should be looking for is 64% or > but we are talking about 3 more completions out of every 20 incompletes last year.

So how many of those were due to unexpected pressure? How many not on same page with WR on the route? Bad throws? Drops? I see a guy that can hit 65% with a YPA > 7.00 that would be league average to just outside top 10.

*Edit*
    What can we do as a team to help him get there?
    - Better run game/OL: If Leary and someone steps up at RG, we may be able to pund the ball up the gut...great for play action.
    - Better 3rd and 4th options: McCaffrey would be great for TS as a guy that from the slot could have the jukes of Edelman and have those quick timing passes for the 4-6 yard gains.
    - TE threat down the seam: Would open up the sideline coverage where TS is most proficient

So if the team improves and TS improves, I do think we have a guy that would rank 8-12 statistically. This may not be good enough for some fans looking for a top 3 guy, but all teams want that and only 3 teams get it.
    not saying he wouldn't get better. Just replying to this post..."showing impressive command over reads, quick decisions and great football IQ."....I didn't see that.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Disagree. If a team clearly loses some important pieces and gains nothing, it's safe to say they're not as good as their last season. Not saying this fits the chiefs. Just replying to your first sentence.
    Disagree. Until you've played a game how do you know for sure? Its just names on a roster and right now we aren't better then last season.
    Reality is that as of right now we are not a playoff team. Are we playoff caliber? sure...
    Last edited by BroncoPower; 03-10-2017 at 01:56 PM.

That's how you do it.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Trevor played hurt and in a lot of pain all season, and it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Disagree. Until you've played a game how do you know for sure? Its just names on a roster and right now we aren't better then last season.
    Reality is that as of right now we are not a playoff team. Are we playoff caliber? sure...
    Pretty sure I can clear as day, tell you that the bengals are not as good as they were even last year.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    First year starter playing the majority of the season injured, keep reaching though.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    First year starter playing the majority of the season injured, keep reaching though.
    Different definitions of reach around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Different definitions of reach around here.
    Not sure how a reach around fits in here.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    do you think he showed impressive command over reads, quick decisions and great football IQ?
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-11-2017 at 05:57 PM.