Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 154
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,265
    I'm hoping we get Romo, he is a better QB than Siemian and would give our offense an incredible boost. That being said, I really like TS.... I hope he is going to be our starter for many years to come. We are in a unique position (financially) with TS and Elway must capitalize now. Siemian can sit and get another year of valuable practice at a bargain rate or we should trade him for what would likely amount to a pretty good return given his contract.

    I'm pretty much over Lynch....I hope he proves me wrong but there's not much about his game or his presence that gets me all that excited. He was highly rated prospect by many people so there is obviously a ton to work with, but we can't count on this level of defensive support forever.....he/whoever needs to be ready now.
    Siemians play is not so inspiring at times as well, but he clearly gained the respect and support of his teammates and was a true leader of our team.

    If Romo is signed and TS kept, we are in great hands.....Inevitable injury or not, we certainly wouldn't lose one ounce of hope/leadership if Siemian is called upon. I can't say the feeling in the air/building would be the same if Lynch were brought in.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,294
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    he has only missed a significant portion of a season 3 out of 11 seasons
    There's one of those myths again that you've showed otherwise

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Touche. Thought it was more. Regardless, the man has barely played in 2 seasons.
    that is true.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    2,765
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I'm hoping we get Romo, he is a better QB than Siemian and would give our offense an incredible boost. That being said, I really like TS.... I hope he is going to be our starter for many years to come. We are in a unique position (financially) with TS and Elway must capitalize now. Siemian can sit and get another year of valuable practice at a bargain rate or we should trade him for what would likely amount to a pretty good return given his contract.

    I'm pretty much over Lynch....I hope he proves me wrong but there's not much about his game or his presence that gets me all that excited. He was highly rated prospect by many people so there is obviously a ton to work with, but we can't count on this level of defensive support forever.....he/whoever needs to be ready now.
    Siemians play is not so inspiring at times as well, but he clearly gained the respect and support of his teammates and was a true leader of our team.

    If Romo is signed and TS kept, we are in great hands.....Inevitable injury or not, we certainly wouldn't lose one ounce of hope/leadership if Siemian is called upon. I can't say the feeling in the air/building would be the same if Lynch were brought in.
    Nice Post.

    This Post reflects my thinking, exactly. From what I saw out of Lynch last season, I don't think he will EVER be able to beat Siemian in a faiir, "open" competition. Lynch's advantage over Siemian as an athlete is minimal, and Trevor Siemian is light years ahead of Lynch in "football smarts". And, I don't blame Elway for Drafting Lynch (or Osweiler), as it has been my observation having watched the Broncos and the NFL since the mid-1960s, that every QB draft pick is a "crapshoot". And in a "win now" league, Lynch doesn't appear to have it. But, miracles happen ................. rarely, so maybe Lynch will prove me wrong.

    As for Romo, my only question has been his propensity to "Choke". He did it in the Denver/Dallas game that was replayed yesterday on the NFL Network, and there are several other examples of Romo Choking at crucial moments in games. You can Google "Romo Choking", and find the list. But, in the end, he may be our best chance to compete in a Division with pretty good QBs. If Romo gets hurt, again, we will have Siemian to come in and play at a high level. And if we get back to the Super Bowl and Romo "Chokes", again, at least we tossed the dice.
    Last edited by gtown53; 03-15-2017 at 10:07 AM.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Nice Post.

    This Post reflects my thinking, exactly. From what I saw out of Lynch last season, I don't think he will EVER be able to beat Siemian in a faiir, "open" competition. Lynch's advantage over Siemian as an athlete is minimal, and Trevor Siemian is light years ahead of Lynch in "football smarts". And, I don't blame Elway for Drafting Lynch (or Osweiler), as it has been my observation having watched the Broncos and the NFL since the mid-1960s, that every QB draft pick is a "crapshoot". And in a "win now" league, Lynch doesn't appear to have it. But, miracles happen ................. rarely, so maybe Lynch will prove me wrong.

    As for Romo, my only question has been his propensity to "Choke". He did it in the Denver/Dallas game that was replayed yesterday on the NFL Network, and there are several other examples of Romo Choking at crucial moments in games. You can Google "Romo Choking", and find the list. But, in the end, he may be our best chance to compete in a Division with pretty good QBs. If Romo gets hurt, again, we will have Siemian to come in and play at a high level. And if we get back to the Super Bowl and Romo "Chokes", again, at least we tossed the dice.
    Romo has always choked when Dallas made the playoffs .... but my biggest concern of Romo is that he's made of glass. The guy needs to retire before he ends up disabled. I'm a Siemian fan, and all for him staying on as starter. I know I've been wrong on QB's before, as I was a huge Foles fan and expected so much from him when his second year as starter with the Eagles. I was disappointed to say the least. I still think Siemian can only improve though. I'm wondering what type of difference will see in the QB position under Vance ....

    Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    617
    Siemian is the man.
    I believe.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,939
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Nice Post.

    This Post reflects my thinking, exactly. From what I saw out of Lynch last season, I don't think he will EVER be able to beat Siemian in a faiir, "open" competition. Lynch's advantage over Siemian as an athlete is minimal, and Trevor Siemian is light years ahead of Lynch in "football smarts". And, I don't blame Elway for Drafting Lynch (or Osweiler), as it has been my observation having watched the Broncos and the NFL since the mid-1960s, that every QB draft pick is a "crapshoot". And in a "win now" league, Lynch doesn't appear to have it. But, miracles happen ................. rarely, so maybe Lynch will prove me wrong.

    As for Romo, my only question has been his propensity to "Choke". He did it in the Denver/Dallas game that was replayed yesterday on the NFL Network, and there are several other examples of Romo Choking at crucial moments in games. You can Google "Romo Choking", and find the list. But, in the end, he may be our best chance to compete in a Division with pretty good QBs. If Romo gets hurt, again, we will have Siemian to come in and play at a high level. And if we get back to the Super Bowl and Romo "Chokes", again, at least we tossed the dice.
    I have always been okay with getting Romo IF:

    1) We can trade Lynch for a decent return and this QB class makes that possible.
    2) Romo understands he needs to beat TS for the job and if not be a good backup and mentor

    I know the "no way TS beats Romo" argument will pop up, but Romo may not be the QB he was before. TS has surprised us twice already, won a roster spot as a rookie (no PS) and won the gig last year. I also know there is the "we won't get a good return on Lynch if we trade him after 1 year", but that is just not how it works with talent. I remember fans saying we would not get anything for Cutler because we had to trade him. Same with Marshall. Teams will look at the tape, hell may like him more now that he has had some work on taking snaps and footwork. Also they get a very low cap number on him and still have the 5th year option, that is value add!

    If Clev, SF, WA, or AZ step up with a 2nd and a 3rd (don't care if 3rd is 2018) we should say yes and commit to TS. Otherwise, keep them both and maybe in 2018 Lynch emerges, just don't see it happening for him this year.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    617
    Go Trevor!

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,294
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Nice Post.

    This Post reflects my thinking, exactly. From what I saw out of Lynch last season, I don't think he will EVER be able to beat Siemian in a faiir, "open" competition. Lynch's advantage over Siemian as an athlete is minimal, and Trevor Siemian is light years ahead of Lynch in "football smarts". And, I don't blame Elway for Drafting Lynch (or Osweiler), as it has been my observation having watched the Broncos and the NFL since the mid-1960s, that every QB draft pick is a "crapshoot". And in a "win now" league, Lynch doesn't appear to have it. But, miracles happen ................. rarely, so maybe Lynch will prove me wrong.

    As for Romo, my only question has been his propensity to "Choke". He did it in the Denver/Dallas game that was replayed yesterday on the NFL Network, and there are several other examples of Romo Choking at crucial moments in games. You can Google "Romo Choking", and find the list. But, in the end, he may be our best chance to compete in a Division with pretty good QBs. If Romo gets hurt, again, we will have Siemian to come in and play at a high level. And if we get back to the Super Bowl and Romo "Chokes", again, at least we tossed the dice.
    My question to you. At what point is something not going your way not counted as choking and rather just seen as a great play made by someone else or just a typical mistake?

    Because, the play you're talking about is not choking in my opinion. Danny made an amazing play on that pass. It was a ridiculous interception. So, calling it a choke by Tony is to completely take away from Danny's effort. People make mistakes at all points during a game. For some reason, we decide that if those mistakes happen at the end of a game, it means they choked.

    I suppose this depends on a person's definition of "choke". I think I have a different definition than most people. For example, a player that shoots 70% from the free throw line is 6 of 8 from the line at the end of the game. I wonder if people said he "choked" when he missed those first 2 free throws. He has two free throws with his team down by two. He really needs to hit both to tie the game. He makes the first one and misses the second one. He's now 7-10 on the day.

    Did he choke? Because, some would say so. Or did he just happen to miss a free throw because the dude shoots 70% from the line and is bound to miss a free throw 30% of the time he takes them?

    As for Romo, if you're going to mention his "propensity to choke" and use a regular season game as proof. Then, I don't think it's fair to overlook the fact that he is near the top of the NFL in fourth quarter comebacks/game winning drives in NFL history. Or do those ones not count? Only the games that he fails?

    In fact, in this article, although I'll admit that I can't tell how recent it is. Not too old. He is number 1 in percentage of fourth quarter comebacks and game winning drives. He had the best touchdown to interception ratio of any quarterback on the list as well.

    https://www.ticketcity.com/news-arti...n-the-nfl.html

    Now, I understand that people want to label him a choker in the playoffs. Although, to the person who said he "always" chokes in the playoffs, that isn't completely true. People just hear this and run with it without facts. He's actually had a few very good games in the playoffs. Especially in his most recent playoff trip. He led a late fourth quarter drive that should have ended with a game winning touchdown. However, Dez decided it would be the nice time to drop a perfectly placed pass on fourth down. Must have been Tony choking though.

    My point is, it's fine if you want to call him a choker or whatever. But, if you're going to say he choked in a game where he just happened to throw an interception late in a regular season game on an amazing defensive play. Then, take note of the countless regular season games that he led a fourth quarter comeback and/or late game winning drives, and his top notch TD:INT ratio during those moments of the regular season.

    I really am curious at the fact that people can make the same mistakes at the end of a game that they do all throughout a game, but only the end of the game means they choked. Especially when people are simply just bested by a better play made by an incredible athlete who opposes them.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-23-2017 at 07:50 AM.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Nice Post.

    As for Romo, my only question has been his propensity to "Choke". He did it in the Denver/Dallas game that was replayed yesterday on the NFL Network, and there are several other examples of Romo Choking at crucial moments in games. You can Google "Romo Choking", and find the list. But, in the end, he may be our best chance to compete in a Division with pretty good QBs. If Romo gets hurt, again, we will have Siemian to come in and play at a high level. And if we get back to the Super Bowl and Romo "Chokes", again, at least we tossed the dice.
    I hear you. Romo does have a history of falling apart in the clutch, but honestly a QB named Peyton Manning got a fair amount of criticism for doing the same thing. Now I'll never compare the career of Peyton to the career of Romo, but just saying the same way the defense covered up for Peyton's limitations, I think they could cover up Romo's occasional "choke" or boneheaded INT.

    My only issue with Romo is his health. A history of back problems is scary for a QB. If Romo gets signed, we almost have to keep Trevor. Many have speculated we'll trade Trevor for draft picks, but with Romo's health, I'd think you have to keep him on the roster, even if he's frustrated by the Romo signing.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    My question to you. At what point is something not going your way not counted as choking and rather just seen as a great play made by someone else or just a typical mistake?

    Because, the play you're talking about is not choking in my opinion. Danny made an amazing play on that pass. It was a ridiculous interception. So, calling it a choke by Tony is to completely take away from Danny's effort. People make mistakes at all points during a game. For some reason, we decide that if those mistakes happen at the end of a game, it means they choked.

    I suppose this depends on a person's definition of "choke". I think I have a different definition than most people. For example, a player that shoots 70% from the free throw line is 6 of 8 from the line at the end of the game. I wonder if people said he "choked" when he missed those first 2 free throws. He has two free throws with his team down by two. He really needs to hit both to tie the game. He makes the first one and misses the second one. He's now 7-10 on the day.

    Did he choke? Because, some would say so. Or did he just happen to miss a free throw because the dude shoots 70% from the line and is bound to miss a free throw 30% of the time he takes them?

    As for Romo, if you're going to mention his "propensity to choke" and use a regular season game as proof. Then, I don't think it's fair to overlook the fact that he is near the top of the NFL in fourth quarter comebacks/game winning drives in NFL history. Or do those ones not count? Only the games that he fails?

    In fact, in this article, although I'll admit that I can't tell how recent it is. Not too old. He is number 1 in percentage of fourth quarter comebacks and game winning drives. He had the best touchdown to interception ratio of any quarterback on the list as well.

    https://www.ticketcity.com/news-arti...n-the-nfl.html

    Now, I understand that people want to label him a choker in the playoffs. Although, to the person who said he "always" chokes in the playoffs, that isn't completely true. People just hear this and run with it without facts. He's actually had a few very good games in the playoffs. Especially in his most recent playoff trip. He led a late fourth quarter drive that should have ended with a game winning touchdown. However, Dez decided it would be the nice time to drop a perfectly placed pass on fourth down. Must have been Tony choking though.

    My point is, it's fine if you want to call him a choker or whatever. But, if you're going to say he choked in a game where he just happened to throw an interception late in a regular season game on an amazing defensive play. Then, take note of the countless regular season games that he led a fourth quarter comeback and/or late game winning drives, and his top notch TD:INT ratio during those moments of the regular season.

    I really am curious at the fact that people can make the same mistakes at the end of a game that they do all throughout a game, but only the end of the game means they choked. Especially when people are simply just bested by a better play made by an incredible athlete who opposes them.
    Tony Romo is broken, he briefly gets glued back together then either chokes or gets broken again. At 37 yrs old both issues will only get worse.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,738
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I have always been okay with getting Romo IF:

    1) We can trade Lynch for a decent return and this QB class makes that possible.
    2) Romo understands he needs to beat TS for the job and if not be a good backup and mentor

    I know the "no way TS beats Romo" argument will pop up, but Romo may not be the QB he was before. TS has surprised us twice already, won a roster spot as a rookie (no PS) and won the gig last year. I also know there is the "we won't get a good return on Lynch if we trade him after 1 year", but that is just not how it works with talent. I remember fans saying we would not get anything for Cutler because we had to trade him. Same with Marshall. Teams will look at the tape, hell may like him more now that he has had some work on taking snaps and footwork. Also they get a very low cap number on him and still have the 5th year option, that is value add!

    If Clev, SF, WA, or AZ step up with a 2nd and a 3rd (don't care if 3rd is 2018) we should say yes and commit to TS. Otherwise, keep them both and maybe in 2018 Lynch emerges, just don't see it happening for him this year.
    Realistically though why would Elway trade the QB he hand picked last year, after 1 season as a backup, in favour of a guy who's biggest supporter is no longer here, and who Denver didn't have enough faith in to NOT draft a first round QB last year?

    Lynch is the player Elway picked to be the longterm starter in Denver, maybe it doesn't happen, but there's no way he's moving on from that after one season.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Realistically though why would Elway trade the QB he hand picked last year, after 1 season as a backup, in favour of a guy who's biggest supporter is no longer here, and who Denver didn't have enough faith in to NOT draft a first round QB last year?

    Lynch is the player Elway picked to be the longterm starter in Denver, maybe it doesn't happen, but there's no way he's moving on from that after one season.
    I understand your point on Elway not wanting to trade his 1st round QB. I disagree with the notion that Trevor is no longer supported because Kubiak is out of town. Trevor has respect of the locker room and is well liked. VJ has spoken highly of him. Let's not forget that Elway drafted Siemian as well. In regards to the drafting a QB last year what did you expect? The team had Sanchez and a 7th rd QB with zero starts. I wouldn't call it a lack of faith in Trevor but rather Elway trying to build a stable of players who could become the guy.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,294
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I understand your point on Elway not wanting to trade his 1st round QB. I disagree with the notion that Trevor is no longer supported because Kubiak is out of town. Trevor has respect of the locker room and is well liked. VJ has spoken highly of him. Let's not forget that Elway drafted Siemian as well. In regards to the drafting a QB last year what did you expect? The team had Sanchez and a 7th rd QB with zero starts. I wouldn't call it a lack of faith in Trevor but rather Elway trying to build a stable of players who could become the guy.
    He said his "biggest" supporter. He did not say "only" supporter. Or is this another example of someone insinuating something while I just have my blinders on?
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-23-2017 at 03:23 PM.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,738
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I understand your point on Elway not wanting to trade his 1st round QB. I disagree with the notion that Trevor is no longer supported because Kubiak is out of town. Trevor has respect of the locker room and is well liked. VJ has spoken highly of him. Let's not forget that Elway drafted Siemian as well. In regards to the drafting a QB last year what did you expect? The team had Sanchez and a 7th rd QB with zero starts. I wouldn't call it a lack of faith in Trevor but rather Elway trying to build a stable of players who could become the guy.
    I'm not saying the Broncos don't support Siemian, I've said several times the smart move is to keep both until it's time to choose one over the other or it's time to find plan C. My comment was in regards to the notion that the Broncos would trade Lynch at this point in time. Elway did move up in the first round to get him last year, there was a reason he did that. 1 year later there's been nothing that's happened to move on from him, and certainly not at the loss they would take in trading him. Siemian did some good things in 2016 and he did some bad things in 2016, but he hasn't proven anything one way or the other, so there's certainly no reason to move on.

    In regards to Elway and Siemian, yes Elway drafted him, but the person most responsible for pushing Elway to use the 7th round pick on Siemian has retired. The new coaching staff might feel differently about Siemian than Kubiak did, or they might have questions and feel they need to see him up close in camp to answer those questions. He's earned the right to be on the team and in a competition to be the starter, but he hasn't earned anything more than that.

    As far as trading either, why would you trade a guy making $628K, who's shown he can be at worst a good backup, and who is under team control for 2 more seasons, unless given an offer you can't refuse? And why would the Broncos trade a guy they spent a first round pick on last April, take a cap hit of $1.7 million over what it would cost to keep him on the roster, and who would not garner back the first round pick you spent on him (teams would have too many questions about the Broncos moving on from a guy they just drafted last year)?

    Whether they sign Romo or not, it makes very little sense to trade either of these QBs.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •