Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    All of the press releases I have read and statements from the FO make me wonder is all of the Romo innuendo is just media speculation. Due to Romo's recent injury history and our current O-line situation, I am not certain he would fare any better than Siemian/Lynch. For the presumed cap space it would require to sign Romo, I do not think he's worth it. Let him go to Houston.
    It would only be a matter of time before he got hurt in Denver. I would even put the blame on our oline, it is his style of play. He likes to scramble and extend plays, well his body hasn't been able to take the punishment the last couple years, now as he gets older he is suppose to stay healthy? Not gunna happen unless you wrap him in miles of bubble wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    All of the press releases I have read and statements from the FO make me wonder is all of the Romo innuendo is just media speculation. Due to Romo's recent injury history and our current O-line situation, I am not certain he would fare any better than Siemian/Lynch. For the presumed cap space it would require to sign Romo, I do not think he's worth it. Let him go to Houston.
    Without a strong left tackle, one of the most important positions in the offense, it's pointless to go after Romo. I honestly think the point of acquiring Romo now has passed Denver in favor of Houston. They have more cap space than us now, less holes to fill, a proven O-line, and a strong defense. They have no QB now and are in a sink-or-swim mentality to find a proven QB...which as of now is Tony Romo or Jay Cutler. Not a hard guess to see which one they'll prefer.

However our FO is still holding onto approximately 20million in cap space...which I assume is for getting into a bidding war for Tony Romo or another left tackle that we have no idea is who.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

With the way that Dallas is dragging there feet, Elway has probably already put Romo in the rear view mirror. Siemian showed enough last season to feel comfortable with what we have.

Stumbled over this that may scare some here and make others smile!
    I like Siemian btw.

The Sporting News conducted a midseason poll asking 111 NFL players from 31 teams “Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?”

The answer: Broncos QB Tim Tebow.

Tebow got 22 votes, beating out Cowboys QB Tony Romo by one vote. Mark Sanchez was third with nine votes.

The results:

Tim Tebow … 22
    Tony Romo … 21

Mark Sanchez … 9
    Ndamukong Suh … 6
    Chris Johnson … 5
    Chad Ochocinco … 5
    Tom Brady … 3
    Kevin Kolb … 3
    Philip Rivers … 3
    Darnell Dockett … 2
    Maurice Jones-Drew … 2
    DeAngelo Hall … 2
    Eli Manning … 2
    Brandon Marshall … 2
    Darrelle Revis … 2
    Bart Scott … 2
    Brian Urlacher … 2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Stumbled over this that may scare some here and make others smile!
    I like Siemian btw.

The Sporting News conducted a midseason poll asking 111 NFL players from 31 teams “Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?”

The answer: Broncos QB Tim Tebow.

Tebow got 22 votes, beating out Cowboys QB Tony Romo by one vote. Mark Sanchez was third with nine votes.

The results:

Tim Tebow … 22
    Tony Romo … 21

Mark Sanchez … 9
    Ndamukong Suh … 6
    Chris Johnson … 5
    Chad Ochocinco … 5
    Tom Brady … 3
    Kevin Kolb … 3
    Philip Rivers … 3
    Darnell Dockett … 2
    Maurice Jones-Drew … 2
    DeAngelo Hall … 2
    Eli Manning … 2
    Brandon Marshall … 2
    Darrelle Revis … 2
    Bart Scott … 2
    Brian Urlacher … 2
    Did you blow the dust from 2011 off this article before posting it?

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Did you blow the dust from 2011 off this article before posting it?
    Not really, but I think it is relevant here that Romo's star when he was healthy year after year was not that high, yet he is praised as the second coming of Peyton Manning for Denver.

In short I find it absurd to see people tear into Siemian - as I also find with Tebow etc.

Derek Carr won 3 games in his first 16 starts and was anointed "Franchise QB", and the QB's Broncos have drafted that have the best win rates early people couldn't/cannot wait to replace.

At the end of the day, I don't think that QB play from Siemian was the reason we did not have more success, though I must admit that QB trait that I like the most is the one that I saw in Elway, Plummer and Tebow - the ability to fire up people around you. As enjoyable as the Manning years were, I am still flat out impressed with the way Tom Brady can get his team from dead in the water to firing on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Not really, but I think it is relevant here that Romo's star when he was healthy year after year was not that high, yet he is praised as the second coming of Peyton Manning for Denver.

In short I find it absurd to see people tear into Siemian - as I also find with Tebow etc.

Derek Carr won 3 games in his first 16 starts and was anointed "Franchise QB", and the QB's Broncos have drafted that have the best win rates early people couldn't/cannot wait to replace.

At the end of the day, I don't think that QB play from Siemian was the reason we did not have more success, though I must admit that QB trait that I like the most is the one that I saw in Elway, Plummer and Tebow - the ability to fire up people around you. As enjoyable as the Manning years were, I am still flat out impressed with the way Tom Brady can get his team from dead in the water to firing on all cylinders.
    How many games do you think we would have lost if we had a decent top fifteen qb playing for us last year. I would say #1 seed. Our o-line was not the greatest but a good qb would be able to mask some of its deficiencies. You just don't let go of the potential to win the Superbowl (which we would have with Romo) over the potential of grooming a young qb into maybe a one day great qb down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    How many games do you think we would have lost if we had a decent top fifteen qb playing for us last year. I would say #1 seed. Our o-line was not the greatest but a good qb would be able to mask some of its deficiencies. You just don't let go of the potential to win the Superbowl (which we would have with Romo) over the potential of grooming a young qb into maybe a one day great qb down the road.
    Agreed this defense will only be together another 2-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    Nonsense.

Historic QBs maybe mask some of those discrepancies and make a few plays, but not even good or great QBs were going to be successful behind our line last year.

No running game whatsoever after CJ went down, not decent TE to throw to, HB injured, and a line in absolute tatters.

A great QB maybe wins us one more game last season which still probably leaves us out of the race, but still wed have no way been a top seed or competitive against the Pats.

This is just wishful thinking and ignoring a lot of realities to convince one's self that taking the easy way (bringing in Romo) would result in great success. We don't even have an LT here m8, and Romo couldn't even stay healthy once in two years behind the best OL in the entire league.

At some point we have to quit bringing in bandaids and start actually developing talent in the offense, and that needs to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    Nonsense.

Historic QBs maybe mask some of those discrepancies and make a few plays, but not even good or great QBs were going to be successful behind our line last year.

No running game whatsoever after CJ went down, not decent TE to throw to, HB injured, and a line in absolute tatters.

A great QB maybe wins us one more game last season which still probably leaves us out of the race, but still wed have no way been a top seed or competitive against the Pats.

This is just wishful thinking and ignoring a lot of realities to convince one's self that taking the easy way (bringing in Romo) would result in great success. We don't even have an LT here m8, and Romo couldn't even stay healthy once in two years behind the best OL in the entire league.

At some point we have to quit bringing in bandaids and start actually developing talent in the offense, and that needs to start now.
    A great qb wins us the Titans game, easily. Possibly the Falcons. Possibly the Patriots. At least would have been closer, considering we kept them to 16 points and one of their touchdowns came after a long interception when we were in field goal range. 10 point swing. Good chance that we beat the chargers with a great quarterback. I'm hesitant to say that we beat the Chiefs the first time, because that was the best Trevor played at the end of the season in the second half. However, if someone else argued it, I'm sure they could make a good case, because of the lack of a first half from the offense.

So, I'd say that a good/great qb could have netted us anywhere between 1-4 extra wins last season.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    A great qb wins us the Titans game, easily. Possibly the Falcons. Possibly the Patriots. At least would have been closer, considering we kept them to 16 points and one of their touchdowns came after a long interception when we were in field goal range. 10 point swing. Good chance that we beat the chargers with a great quarterback. I'm hesitant to say that we beat the Chiefs the first time, because that was the best Trevor played at the end of the season in the second half. However, if someone else argued it, I'm sure they could make a good case, because of the lack of a first half from the offense.

So, I'd say that a good/great qb could have netted us anywhere between 1-4 extra wins last season.
    Who's your definition of a great QB? Are we talikimg about Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers? Or Tony Romo? Because I have doubts with Tony Romo we're a 13 win team, he's never proven in the past he could "hide" the flaws on some bad Cowboy teams.

With Aaron Rodgers, yes we're probably a better team last year. But we can't keep switching QBs every year hoping to get the next Aaron Rodgers, but that's what people here seem to think.

Regardless of guessing wins, the broncos would have been in the playoffs with a seasoned QB. Unfortunately what most dont want to admit around here is Sanchez would have been the better option to get this team back into the playoffs.

Regardless of guessing wins, the broncos would have been in the playoffs with a seasoned QB. Unfortunately what most dont want to admit around here is Sanchez would have been the better option to get this team back into the playoffs.
    Only if he was playing for the Faiders or Chefs.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Agree 100% that we would of won the Titans game with Romo and I do believe we would of beat the patriots also.

Wow. That is, perhaps, the most ridiculous thing I've read so far this year.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~