Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Tomorrow will bring us the answer, Travel time from Dallas to Houston is less than 3 hours. Entirely up to Romo as to where he signs, I think he stays in Texas. The money means little, he wants a comeback just like Peyton had. Houston has a better offensive game and has the edge here.

This may make it 2 Big Mistakes by Houston management the last 2 years. Way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Tomorrow will bring us the answer, Travel time from Dallas to Houston is less than 3 hours. Entirely up to Romo as to where he signs, I think he stays in Texas. The money means little, he wants a comeback just like Peyton had. Houston has a better offensive game and has the edge here.

This may make it 2 Big Mistakes by Houston management the last 2 years. Way to go.
    In the end it matters about who has the better defensive game to win the championship and everyone including Romo knows which team that is.

I hope he goes to Houston we have too many holes on offence to waste money on overrated and overpriced players like Romo

I think he's coming here. Assuredly has more than enough money. It's about a ring. Forget what the rosters look like right now (totally irrelevant pre-FA and Draft IMHO). You going with Elway or the clowns that are one year removed from handing the keys of their franchise to Brock Osweiler? Lol.

Not going to be lost on him that we're 13 months removed from sipping champagne...
    Last edited by Southern Bronco; 03-08-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    In the end it matters about who has the better defensive game to win the championship and everyone including Romo knows which team that is.
    Our defense isn't the same defense we won the Superbowl with. If it was TS would have gotten us further. He played better than Manning did last year and yet we still ended up 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

Not to mention our line is a joke.

OMG-these threads are so cute. Listen folks, I told you Romo was going to be a Broncos before the end of the season. It has been arranged already. There is no competition, he is coming to Denver. My friend who knows Mr. Elway told me this long ago.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

I think he'd be better off with the Texans . Our division is rough . So many good defenders we have to face in the Afc west . Houston division is weak . They easily win the division with him there .

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    OMG-these threads are so cute. Listen folks, I told you Romo was going to be a Broncos before the end of the season. It has been arranged already. There is no competition, he is coming to Denver. My friend who knows Mr. Elway told me this long ago.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Maybe he goes on a little FA "honeymoon tour" (doesn't hurt his brand, maybe squeezes one extra concession from Elway, etc.)- but I will literally be stunned if he's not a Bronco. He's been with a pretty dysfunctional franchise his whole career- despite modest periods of prosperity here or there. Why the hell would he now throw in with an organization that has achieved literally nothing of note (HOU) or one (KC) that hasn't appeared in a Super Bowl since what- the Nixon Administration? Lol.

If he wants to spend more time with his family and his Dallas mansion- he'd just retire. Not commute to Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Our defense isn't the same defense we won the Superbowl with. If it was TS would have gotten us further. He played better than Manning did last year and yet we still ended up 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

Not to mention our line is a joke.
    Manning had some horrible games no doubt but he also showed leadership. No way Siemian comes on and beats the chargers at the end the way manning did that year.

At this point, you should know how Elway operates. The team finished 3rd in the division. The results won't be different in 2017 unless there is significant improvement at the QB position. Yes, the OL needs work, but the toughest division in the NFL calls for strong QB play.

Even with Siemian showing promise and Lynch being a 1st-round pick, Elway won't think twice before using free agency to build the roster. That includes rolling the dice on Tony Romo. Elway probably thinks taking the risk with a chance of success is better than heading to certain failure with the young QBs.

Elway is the most free-agency driven GM in the NFL. He builds through free agency, not through the draft. The numbers don't lie:

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/st...82220623507457

@JamesPalmerTV

Based on 2016 end-of-season rosters, the #Broncos acquired 67.8% of their roster via FA. Highest such % in the NFL. Bengals lowest (35.5%)

3:33 PM - 7 Mar 2017
    Many thought Peyton Manning also was one hit away from IR and possibly retirement. There is risk involved, but Elway is looking at the potential reward and he will hit the FA button again. I guess he does not want to tell the veteran players to be patient while one of the young QBs develop. Elway wants to win now.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Elway had an amazing couple years as GM, but has been rather blah since. He really struck gold with his 2012 and 2013 draft that provided a core for the defense: VM, Wolfe, Malik, Danny T., Marshall Then struck gold a gain in FA with Talib, Ward, and Ware.

Most of the offense, less Manning was inherited and he really has not hit on much on the OL, RB, or TE...Sanders and Manning are the only real hits. Paradis and TS are really the only offensive players drafted in the past 3 years to pan out and those were just late pick flyers we got lucky on.

Many fans seem to think we just need to trust Elway, but Latimer, Hillman, Ball, Sambrailo, Schofield, Brock, and Heuermann are all 2nd and 3rd round picks that have contributed almost nothing as starters and 2nd and 3rd round picks need to be starters.

This is why Elway has built through FA...he really has not drafted particularly well.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Elway had an amazing couple years as GM, but has been rather blah since. He really struck gold with his 2012 and 2013 draft that provided a core for the defense: VM, Wolfe, Malik, Danny T., Marshall Then struck gold a gain in FA with Talib, Ward, and Ware.

Most of the offense, less Manning was inherited and he really has not hit on much on the OL, RB, or TE...Sanders and Manning are the only real hits. Paradis and TS are really the only offensive players drafted in the past 3 years to pan out and those were just late pick flyers we got lucky on.

Many fans seem to think we just need to trust Elway, but Latimer, Hillman, Ball, Sambrailo, Schofield, Brock, and Heuermann are all 2nd and 3rd round picks that have contributed almost nothing as starters and 2nd and 3rd round picks need to be starters.

This is why Elway has built through FA...he really has not drafted particularly well.
    You do realize that GMs miss on their picks more often than they "hit" right?

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    You do realize that GMs miss on their picks more often than they "hit" right?
    I would be shocked if there is another team that has got less from their 2nd and 3rd rounders than we have the past 4 years. Elway needs a good FA class and Draft this year, otherwise our team will sink into mediocracy.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

As the start of FA's approaches, and we have the pro and con's related to Romo next day or two should reveal all. I believe if Roma has his way, the Broncos would be his choice. BUT Elway and his staff make the call here, and their is no plan B ! So is this plan A ?

If this works out to be a Super Bowl move, his Legacy continues to grow.

If John Elway wants him, he will get him. Love how Elway and the Broncos had just ONE average year, and some are ready to give up on him LOL! Remember how BAD this team was before GM Elway? Bottom of the League! I guess numerous Division titles, 2 Super Bowls, and One Ring just isn't good enough huh?

I will trust Elway to make the right decisions!
    oh YEAH?