Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I would expect him to retire if the somehow drag him across the finish line with a SB win.

Going to be interesting to see how the next couple days goes. If Elway can not land a couple top tier olineman why in the world would Romo not choose HOU.

Already a dead heat IMO. Both teams have positives and negatives. A very important one for HOU is they have an offense in place. Broncos have some nice pieces but glaring holes too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Denver is a much better franchise as a whole, but they are also in the toughest division. Houston has a better line, offensive weapons, an equal if not better defense, a dome and warm weather, and the easiest route to the playoffs. I'd be shocked if he chose Denver over Houston.
    Yet, despite all of the pieces Houston has in place, Denver still had a better offense last year. Just sayin.

I feel Houston is in better position than we are team wise and Denver plays in much tougher division.

Denver's not as hot, humid and muggy, right?

Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yet, despite all of the pieces Houston has in place, Denver still had a better offense last year. Just sayin.
    Get your point statistically. Just not sure either offense should be associated with the word "better".

I'm just looking at the players in place and the potential of adding Romo to either. I give a slight nod to HOU. But that is minimal and quibbling the point.

Going to be interesting to see what the actual outcome will be. What elements Romo prioritizes and eventually chooses.

Still not sure how Houston can afford so much for 2 QBs, unless Romo gives them a real sweet deal??? Personally, if I was Tony, as long as he has assurances that Elway will spend some coin to upgrade The Oline, I see Denver as the better shot at a ring......trying to be objective when I say that.

Update.....missed the post ahead of me.....step one might be underway!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Still not sure how Houston can afford so much for 2 QBs, unless Romo gives them a real sweet deal??? Personally, if I was Tony, as long as he has assurances that Elway will spend some coin to upgrade The Oline, I see Denver as the better shot at a ring......trying to be objective when I say that.

But isn't it also the matter of what they'll then be paying Os to hold a clip board? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Houston shoot themselves in the foot again just for entertainment's sake but I can't imagine Romo interested in taking chump change as a favor to the team so they can afford the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    But isn't it also the matter of what they'll then be paying Os to hold a clip board? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Houston shoot themselves in the foot again just for entertainment's sake but I can't imagine Romo interested in taking chump change as a favor to the team so they can afford the backup.
    I think when a club is trying to win a ring, it doesn't matter how much the individual parts and pieces are making or that it has to make sense in some kind of hierarchical structure based on talent and experience. You have to allow for busts, which Os is. And Romo is not exactly hurting for cash at all, I just checked. If he plays for less (which he will), it's because he wants to, not because he needs to make more money than other people on the team.

The Texans, as of now, are a good team with a terrible QB in a bad division. Tony could go in there and that team would dance all the way to the playoffs. I'd if they would go anywhere further but that is easily the best route for Romo to take.

Now they are apparently back to trading for Romo...I do not want to trade for him. DO. NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Denver's not as hot, humid and muggy, right?

Denver has by far the best weather of any state in the country IMO. I've realized that Houston is worse than some parts of South America and jungles in Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    Now they are apparently back to trading for Romo...I do not want to trade for him. DO. NOT.
    I just don't want him here, hope Elway has the sense to stick with Lynch and Seimian build the offence up and maintain the defence

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    By sweet deal, I meant reasonable, but not over the top. Not sure what you mean about Brock's salary. Are you saying they will not likely sign Romo because of what Brock is making? Or are you saying Romo will expect some good coin for his services?

Please clarify. You might actually be agreeing with me, that it is too costly to have 2 relatively highly paid QBs?

I was just looking at the new tab called "Market Value" at Spotrac for Romo:

Calculated Market Value: $15.9M Avg. Annual Salary

Market Value

3 yrs, $47,992,453
    Avg. Salary: $15,997,484
    NFL Rank: #33
    QB Rank: #22

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-co.../market-value/

Seems a bit high for someone at the end of his career and so injury-prone. I wonder if they take such things into account. Haven't people been saying $10M for him?

Ha ha.told you, is happening sooner than I thought. When Elway has decided on something, that is it. I knew that when my source told me. I just saw Trevor to the Jets?
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)