So Are You Tanned Enough?

So we get away to a sunny, hot vacation spot. I even get a bit of a burn the first day, even though I used a liberal amount of lotion. Almost 2 weeks later we return, and see a couple of folks with really "good" tans. People asked them where they went and so on, and the tan seems to prove they went somewhere.

I mention where we went, and some say I do not have much of a tan. Hmmmmm???? Another person in the vicinity is less tanned than me, after her fab trip to Maui. She seems very happy about her trip as well.

I was on the beach almost every day for some duration, and though I took to the shade to read a book, I had a fair number of rays bouncing off me, typically for at least a couple of hours each day. But the question seems to be, did you have a good vaca because you have a good tan??? Or maybe there is another way to look at things.....did you have a good vaca because you protected yourself properly, saw tons of sights, and went on some long road trips to see more, all while enjoying the beautiful weather, and the warm ocean?

Maybe part of the answer comes years from now, when we learn how much skin we did not damage.

I'm from Oregon, we don't tan, we rust
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I'm from Oregon, we don't tan, we rust
    Can I call ya Rusty?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Can I call ya Rusty?
    Lol absolutely, I've had worse nicknames
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Lol absolutely, I've had worse nicknames
    Based on my "seniority" and some bouts with arthritis, I am also a good candidate for such a name!

Based on my "seniority" and some bouts with arthritis, I am also a good candidate for such a name!
    I say that would make it a well earned one then sir!
    -Ronald Reagan

I say that would make it a well earned one then sir!
    Yah.....when they call me "squeaky clean", the emphasis is on the first word.

I can't tan, I can only burn
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

So we get away to a sunny, hot vacation spot. I even get a bit of a burn the first day, even though I used a liberal amount of lotion. Almost 2 weeks later we return, and see a couple of folks with really "good" tans. People asked them where they went and so on, and the tan seems to prove they went somewhere.

I mention where we went, and some say I do not have much of a tan. Hmmmmm???? Another person in the vicinity is less tanned than me, after her fab trip to Maui. She seems very happy about her trip as well.

I was on the beach almost every day for some duration, and though I took to the shade to read a book, I had a fair number of rays bouncing off me, typically for at least a couple of hours each day. But the question seems to be, did you have a good vaca because you have a good tan??? Or maybe there is another way to look at things.....did you have a good vaca because you protected yourself properly, saw tons of sights, and went on some long road trips to see more, all while enjoying the beautiful weather, and the warm ocean?

Maybe part of the answer comes years from now, when we learn how much skin we did not damage.
    Hey bud! This may just be harmless stereo-typing, but didnít Sam mention that you were Italian? I thought Italians kinda sorta have that nice olive-esque complexion. Maybe the tanning comparisons were relative to Italian-scale!

But seriously, not getting maximum rays is probably a good thing due to the damage it causes. Just use tan-in-a-canÖor fake-n-bake (or whatever they call it these days), and tell everyone you totally OWNED Costa Rica.

Cos/Sin= Tan, so yep I have a tan.
    I really like Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Hey bud! This may just be harmless stereo-typing, but didn’t Sam mention that you were Italian? I thought Italians kinda sorta have that nice olive-esque complexion. Maybe the tanning comparisons were relative to Italian-scale!

But seriously, not getting maximum rays is probably a good thing due to the damage it causes. Just use tan-in-a-can…or fake-n-bake (or whatever they call it these days), and tell everyone you totally OWNED Costa Rica.
    I'm kind of a middle of the road Italian in appearance, so I do not come across like those from "the south". But yah, I understand how some folks like the look, but I really think the damage factor outweighs the extent to which some go to look toasted.

Amazingly, when we were young (before dirt came to be), we did not use lotion. And I remember getting burnt, and next day go right back at it, and eventually get a good tan. In fact, I actually thought that a minor burn naturally turned into a good tan, and fairly quickly!! But alas, there are these words like "ozone" that have messed up things pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post
    You just mentioned the one thing I did not like about mathematics!!

I'm kind of a middle of the road Italian in appearance, so I do not come across like those from "the south". But yah, I understand how some folks like the look, but I really think the damage factor outweighs the extent to which some go to look toasted.

Amazingly, when we were young (before dirt came to be), we did not use lotion. And I remember getting burnt, and next day go right back at it, and eventually get a good tan. In fact, I actually thought that a minor burn naturally turned into a good tan, and fairly quickly!! But alas, there are these words like "ozone" that have messed up things pretty good.
    Yeah, we had more ozone back then...it was a simpler time...a more filtered time. A golden age of bronzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Yeah, we had more ozone back then...it was a simpler time...a more filtered time. A golden age of bronzing.
    Oh no, I am going to say it......in the good ole days!!!!

I must also pronounce, this is one situation in which "shady" is a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post

Would you describe yourself as triangular then?

Oh no, I am going to say it......in the good ole days!!!!

I must also pronounce, this is one situation in which "shady" is a good thing!
    Ahhh! The good ole days!!! There it is!

Now I feel both old and sad.