Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    So Cleveland basically bought a 2nd round pick for 18m? Aren't salaries for 2nd round picks much less? Still confused.

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Cleveland will dump brock immediately, They just wanted the pick. one of the smartest things ive seen cleveland do in a long time
    He comes with a contract and they'll take a hit if they cut him. They effectively purchased a 2nd round pick for $16M or $19M. Is that worth so much? I don't think so.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Browns Trade for Osweiler

According to AP, the Texans trade a 2018 2nd round pick to the Browns to take Osweiler off the books. What is Denver willing to give up to get Romo now? Would you be willing to give up a 4th conditional for him?

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    He comes with a contract and they'll take a hit if they cut him. They effectively purchased a 2nd round pick for $16M or $19M. Is that worth so much? I don't think so.
    It is now reported they are shopping brock for a late pick this year and a 3rd next, browns will eat half of his salary this year.

Adopted Bronco 2016 Andy Janovich

Word is that Cleveland may just outright release him and absorb the 16 million .... essentially Cleveland would pay 16 million for a 2nd and 6th round pick?????

It's money for one year. It's not like the browns are tight on money. They have 22 picks between next year and this year with like 8 of those being a first or second rounder. If this new management hits big on half of those, the browns could actually be a good team here in a few years. I know it's easy to make fun of them for their past mistakes, but I think they're doing a good job so far with their money ball guy. Will have to wait and see though.

Great move for everyone

Surprised we don't see more NBA moves like this in the NFL

Oh goodness, Houston really wanted to dump him. Obrian can't keep a QB for long. HEY BROCK, the grass isn't always greener!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    In two years Oz went from Super Bowl champ to Qb the Browns.

His career is now on death's doorstep

Good decision to leave Denver dude
    I'm trying not to be spiteful, I really am. He hurt us at the QB position when he left. I find it very ironic that he's going to the QB-killer team.

He might do well there. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    Administrator

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

LOL... I heard about Oz going to the Browns. He stated that HOU gave him the best chance to win when he left DEN a year ago. I'd be curious to hear what he thinks about his chances of winning in CLE are!

P.S. Houston overpaid and were oversold on Brock because our crazy good D carried the team. The Texans were sold a bill of goods. Fine with me. I was disappointed when Oz left Denver, because he's a Montana kid (where I live) who was supposed to play QB for my lifelong favorite team. I ordered #17 jerseys for my wife and I during his short run while Peyton was out. When he left, it was a real gut-punch. But now I can see the silver lining. I'm not real high on our existing two QBs at the moment, but other than sitting behind #18 for four years and learning how the game is played, I fail to see how he could have been any better than Trevor or Paxton. I'm over him.
    Last edited by Red_Label; 03-09-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Ol'e Brent went from contenders to pretenders, and now even the pretenders don't want him. Haha

Funny! There's a tweet going around where he allegedly told his people in private that signing with HOU was a mistake and that he should've stayed. When I find it again, I'll link the tweet.

Now I'm not gauging the validity of the comment, but it's still funny!!!!

Hey Brock fans, Remember when he was the future of the Broncos, the hand pick Elway guy. Where are you all at? Why havent you guys come out and say " The Broncos should go sign him, since the Browns going to release him. He is the future".

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    Hey Brock fans, Remember when he was the future of the Broncos, the hand pick Elway guy. Where are you all at? Why havent you guys come out and say " The Broncos should go sign him, since the Browns going to release him. He is the future".
    This borders on smack, be careful...
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    I was a Brock fan. I have idea if I was spouting off about him being the future. I certainly hoped that he would! But that's ancient history now.

His greed and/or hurt pride may just have ended his career. Sure... he'll probably retire on a nice piece of land near his parents' home in Kalispell, MT with his millions. But still... what a complete waste of a career. He was never going to be the next Elway or Manning, but perhaps... if he would have just sucked it up... maybe he could have amounted to something in Denver. I dunno... maybe Elway would have dumped him in a year or two. But it would have been nice to have our local kid do something for the team that most of us Montanans root for. As it stands... Jake the Snake will continue to be my favorite Denver QB behind Elway and Manning.