Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    He is the best play maker in the draft. Putting him in the backfield when the D has a nickel or dime on the field and you can run all over them. If the D gets big, split him out and get him in space. No one in the 4th round has the same amount of potential and he fits some off the biggest needs on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    The Browns are not trading Joe Thomas......
    Joe Thomas has repeatedly said he will not leave Cleveland and will stay there until he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Depends on how he is used. If you look at him as a slot WR that has Edelmann type potential, not sure I see those skills in round 4 WRs. I think there is also a pretty high floor there based on his versatility. Eric Metcalf comes to mind.
    Edelmann was a 7th round pick who was a college QB, those skills can be found later in the draft.

Would you use a 1st round pick on Reggie Bush (knowing what he was in the NFL) or Danny Woodhead? Cause those are the players that he's compared to. They're both fine players, I'm just not sure it's smart to use a first round pick on that player.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by KAPA View Post
    He is the best play maker in the draft. Putting him in the backfield when the D has a nickel or dime on the field and you can run all over them. If the D gets big, split him out and get him in space. No one in the 4th round has the same amount of potential and he fits some off the biggest needs on this team.
    Disagree. Players with that skill set are found later in the draft. The biggest single advantage he'd have is as an RB running patterns and catching passes out of the backfield. If he's in the slot and the defense was somehow caught in big personnel (unlikely because the defense makes substitutions based on the offensive personnel going on and off the field) then they'd move a safety down to cover him. For the defense to be in nickel and dime it's likely that the O is in spread, so now you've got 5 blockers v 6 or 7 guys, depending on defensive coverage calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Edelmann was a 7th round pick who was a college QB, those skills can be found later in the draft.

Would you use a 1st round pick on Reggie Bush (knowing what he was in the NFL) or Danny Woodhead? Cause those are the players that he's compared to. They're both fine players, I'm just not sure it's smart to use a first round pick on that player.
    I get what you are saying and agree many guys have similar skill sets. Guess it comes down to how many years of development you feel you need on a guy. Edelman was not Edelman until after 4 years of honing his craft. Then there are football smarts, instincts, so on. At the end of the day the quetion may just be is a guy an impact year one or year 3-4...both have value.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I get what you are saying and agree many guys have similar skill sets. Guess it comes down to how many years of development you feel you need on a guy. Edelman was not Edelman until after 4 years of honing his craft. Then there are football smarts, instincts, so on. At the end of the day the quetion may just be is a guy an impact year one or year 3-4...both have value.
    I agree with what you're seeing. Instant impact, McCaffrey would probably be the best.

We have lots of things to fix to make another run and I am hopeful, but watching what the Zpatriots are doing gives me little hope. I mean they get Cooks and Ealy for basically nothing, sign Gilmore to go with Butler and they already have Edelman, Gronk, and Hogan. Why does anyone trade with these guys!!! Damn, could be another really long year of hearing how awesome the Pats are, forget they should have lost their last two SB if not for idiocy in coaching

Depends on how he is used. If you look at him as a slot WR that has Edelmann type potential, not sure I see those skills in round 4 WRs. I think there is also a pretty high floor there based on his versatility. Eric Metcalf comes to mind.
    Winner Winner!

This offense needs a spark in the worst way. CMac for the win...
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Winner Winner!

This offense needs a spark in the worst way. CMac for the win...
    If Christian McCaffrey is available at #20 and Denver doesn't take him, he'll probably drop because the other teams will think there's something wrong with him.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

According to Matt Miller, the Broncos view Garrett Bolles as a day 1 left tackle.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-agency-begins

Denver Broncos: Offensive tackle remains the No. 1 need for the Broncos heading into the draft. I'm told by a coaching source that the team is very fond of Utah's Garett Bolles and views him as a Day 1 left tackle.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    According to Matt Miller, the Broncos view Garrett Bolles as a day 1 left tackle.

This might be the worst offensive tackle drafting front office ever if they take bolles lol

Strange, he may have some upside, but it's fairly accepted he's a project - good footwork and general technique but lacking in strength. Did his combine push up his stock?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If Christian McCaffrey is available at #20 and Denver doesn't take him, he'll probably drop because the other teams will think there's something wrong with him.
    He reminds me of our 1970 1st Round Draft Pick, Bobby Anderson. Except I think we took him with the 11th overall pick.

Well everyone has their opinion. Mine, I like him. But I like McCaffrey too and think he will be special in this league. I would take the latter given the choice.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    He reminds me of our 1970 1st Round Draft Pick, Bobby Anderson. Except I think we took him with the 11th overall pick.
    I had the same thought...and Anderson and CMac may be the best two Colorado HS players ever.