Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    We went in free agency and somehow came out with a line worst than last years.

Lucky for us there is plenty time left.
    I am a bit more optimistic. Went in FA wanting the Broncos to sign one foundation olineman and one good olineman. Elway did it. Love the Leary signing. Watson, we shall see?

I think the current young players can and will develop and improve. Add to that the change in coaches and speculated offensive system will "hopefully" better utilize the talent. Maybe even a bit of improved game planning and play calling to hide the weaknesses and emphasize the strengths of the players overall.

Not expecting All-stars or a dynamic record breaking offense. Perhaps enough improvement to not be an anchor for the team. Improve to the middle of the pack and dramatically cut down on the 3 and outs and I will be happy. anything more is icing on the cake with this present team.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I am a bit more optimistic. Went in FA wanting the Broncos to sign one foundation olineman and one good olineman. Elway did it. Love the Leary signing. Watson, we shall see?

I think the current young players can and will develop and improve. Add to that the change in coaches and speculated offensive system will "hopefully" better utilize the talent. Maybe even a bit of improved game planning and play calling to hide the weaknesses and emphasize the strengths of the players overall.

Not expecting All-stars or a dynamic record breaking offense. Perhaps enough improvement to not be an anchor for the team. Improve to the middle of the pack and dramatically cut down on the 3 and outs and I will be happy. anything more is icing on the cake with this present team.
    While I'm happy we found players, there still is a huge hole at LT and Schofield/Stephenson does not inspire hope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    While I'm happy we found players, there still is a huge hole at LT and Schofield/Stephenson does not inspire hope.
    I'm not doing back flips in joy either ! Just trying to find a silver lining in the overall picture. New coaching, systems and mindset can do wonders for the group. They didn't mesh last year. This year they have some players to work with IMO. Overall I see it as an upgrade from last year.

Paradis is going to be healthy - upgrade at center
    Leary is automatically our best guard - upgrade rg
    Watson will see but not hard to be and upgrade over Okung, Sambrailo, and Stephenson last year.
    I think Stephenson is a better fit at LT and Sambrailo hopefully has been able to finally get stronger this offseason with no shoulder or elbow rehab, he should have been on IR last year.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Or...

LT: Menelik Watson
    LG: Ronald Leary
    C: Paradis
    RG: Max Garcia
    RT: Schofield

Back Up OT: Ty Sombrero, Billy Turner
    Back Up OG: McGovern
    Back Up Center: Ferentz
    I agree with Leary on the left, and I'm actually curious to see Garcia on the right. I think Schofield will take over the LT spot unless we land a guy in the first round. If Paradis comes back healthy, I think our interior could be nasty. Do you predict Stephenson being cut?
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    This line up makes me want to barf
    It's not what I wanted. We'll see if the FO can pick up a LT

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    don't think Watson plays LT.
    He's done it rarely in spot duty and he joked during his press conference about playing anywhere. He said something like 'put me in and coach me' which caught my ear. It's a stretch but I'm just going by what we have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I agree with Leary on the left, and I'm actually curious to see Garcia on the right. I think Schofield will take over the LT spot unless we land a guy in the first round. If Paradis comes back healthy, I think our interior could be nasty. Do you predict Stephenson being cut?
    I'm thinking Stephenson will be cut. Part of that is a leftover impression from how he was treated by the Kubiak coaching staff though, and I really don't know how the new staff feels about the guy, but I was not impressed. Schofield has become a better lineman and did OK at RG last year. With a strong interior I would not be surprised to see him kicked outside to OT.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

I'm thinking Stephenson will be cut. Part of that is a leftover impression from how he was treated by the Kubiak coaching staff though, and I really don't know how the new staff feels about the guy, but I was not impressed. Schofield has become a better lineman and did OK at RG last year. With a strong interior I would not be surprised to see him kicked outside to OT.
    Watson, Stephenson, Schofield, Sambrailo and Murray make five offensive tackles. Maybe Elway signs another FA, drafts one and signs a couple of UDFA OTs. That would be nine. They need six for TC.

Donald Stephenson is set to make about $1 million more than the combined salaries of Sambrailo, Schofield, Turner, Garcia and McGovern (an entire O-Line)
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Big difference is that Kansas City did not care about Donald leaving.
    Yeah there are good reasons why -he's a rare "talent"!

Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

wouldnt say that.

LT is worse, LG/C/RG is better with addition of Leary. RT is about the same, saw Watson is ok when healthy just has injury problems. Players that had injury problems that came to Denver have been relatively healthy like Okung, Talib, Peyton to name a few.

LT is the elephant in the room.

Better coaching/scheme should help, the ball comes out fast in McCoy's offense.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    We have until the 13th to cut Stephenson, would save 3 mil this year and 5 mil off next years cap.

He played better at LT in KC.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Watson, Stephenson, Schofield, Sambrailo and Murray make five offensive tackles. Maybe Elway signs another FA, drafts one and signs a couple of UDFA OTs. That would be nine. They need six for TC.

Donald Stephenson is set to make about $1 million more than the combined salaries of Sambrailo, Schofield, Turner, Garcia and McGovern (an entire O-Line)
    I guess we'll find out soon enough. I don't think he showed anything that would make him worth the contract.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

To me signing Watson is just like signing Stephenson. Signing a backup to thrust into a starting role that will ultimately disappoint. I really hope I'm wrong. But the way I see it 6 mill on Watson 5 mill on Stephenson why not just 11 mill on a player that is actually good??? We made a lateral move at RT but I hope I'm wrong. Leary is a big step up but we have no LT which we will either now have to sign a guy we know is gonna suck or hope we draft a rookie that hits the ground running from day 1. Then we have paradis coming off injury.

So yeah we are so far worst off this year than last year. But like I said there is plenty of time left hopefully I'm wrong about Watson hopefully some of our own guys improve and hopefully we hit big in the draft.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I don't think he showed anything that would make him worth the contract.
    I don't think so either, but that's just me.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

The Broncos and Stephenson just agreed to a restructure per Rotoworld.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    The Broncos and Stephenson just agreed to a restructure per Rotoworld.
    I hope that doesn't mean Stephenson st RT and Watson at LT.