Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    You do realize that you can email Broncos ticket support, and they will great exceptions for special circumstances right? As long as the tickets are in your name you should have no problem keeping them. They may ask for documentation, but well worth keeping your tickets. This audit was to take tickets from brokers and people who have wrongfully them (ex: tickets in the name of deceased individuals). You may be one that was caught, but the Broncos will make it right.
    No, they won't. I lost my tickets also, even though I did attend the Carolina game. I changed jobs 3 years ago and am on call every other week, so half the games on average are out. I had 3 tickets but have two young daughters so we could not attend as a family. I have tried to upgrade to 4 tickets for the last 5 years. There are other factors, such as illness that has played into that also, that I will not go in to here.

I spoke to 2 reps at the ticket office today and they were told that the decision is final, and that they were told to tell people they can write the Broncos. I have been a Broncos fan since 1977 and a ticket holder since 1998 and live in Chiefs country here. My father worked security for the Broncos in the sixties. The rep also said that because I live 500 miles away that is a factor. Pretty sad that after 40 years it is all over.
    Last edited by SeNEBronco; 03-13-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeNEBronco View Post
    No, they won't. I lost my tickets also, even though I did attend the Carolina game. I changed jobs 3 years ago and am on call every other week, so half the games on average are out. I had 3 tickets but have two young daughters so we could not attend as a family. I have tried to upgrade to 4 tickets for the last 5 years. There are other factors, such as illness that has played into that also, that I will not go in to here.

I spoke to 2 reps at the ticket office today and they were told that the decision is final, and that they were told to tell people they can write the Broncos. I have been a Broncos fan since 1977 and a ticket holder since 1998 and live in Chiefs country here. My father worked security for the Broncos in the sixties. The rep also said that because I live 500 miles away that is a factor. Pretty sad that after 40 years it is all over.
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ticket-license

Per the Broncos, yes you can. I just don't think your situation would qualify. It sucks for you but it's the choice they made. On one hand I can understand. If they see all or almost all seats being sold at secondary market, they should be pissed. There are plenty of people on the list who want to go to all or at least over half.

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Sorry for your loss, and sorry about your tickets. I was wondering if this would be an issue, I'm sure most of the people losing then deserve it, sucks for people like you who had extenuating circumstance, have you Thor of calling or writing a letter. They may ask for documentation, but maybe you could save the tickets?

Again sorry for your loss.

Damn, how did you attend the Panthers game, but get them revoked? I thought they said if you attended 1 game or more, you get to keep them? So how did you lose them? Sorry about that man. That sucks. I like this new system they are doing, but at the same time, it sucks for fans like you.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    Just a quick note you should hold off on calling for updates to mid/late April. Season ticket holders have to make their first seasonal payments at the end of March, after that the DB figure out who renewed and who didn't. From there they determine how many Waiting List people will get new tix. Just figured I'd save you some time.
    Thanks. I always jump the gun and check in March. And then I realize I was too early and I check again later on. So you think if I check May 1st, it will give me a better idea? I'm excited to see how far I jump up.

Also, when its your turn for season tickets, do they call you? Or how do they inform you of your tickets? What if you don't pick up the phone when they call?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
    Damn, how did you attend the Panthers game, but get them revoked? I thought they said if you attended 1 game or more, you get to keep them? So how did you lose them? Sorry about that man. That sucks. I like this new system they are doing, but at the same time, it sucks for fans like you.
    The first person I spoke to said they are using a lot of factors and cited distance from Denver as one. I would not use NFL Ticket Exchange if I were a season ticket holder in the future.

She also said everyone is reviewed by a committee, which sounds a little Stalinist. While things are going good for the team, decisions like this are easy for them to make. I didn't get any calls from them wanting to buy back tickets when the Broncos weren't fielding good teams.

Be careful of what you wish for. I paid for my tickets every year, even in the down years, and went to most games until recently.. A committee approach to review your "fan qualifications" will inevitably overreach. What is a true fan, one game? Four? Six? Audible tests to see if you are loud enough? Do you past the eye test?
    Last edited by SeNEBronco; 03-13-2017 at 07:12 PM.

The first person I spoke to said they are using a lot of factors and cited distance from Denver as one. I would not use NFL Ticket Exchange if I were a season ticket holder in the future.

She also said everyone is reviewed by a committee, which sounds a little Stalinist. While things are going good for the team, decisions like this are easy for them to make. I didn't get any calls from them wanting to buy back tickets when the Broncos weren't fielding good teams.
    Thanks for the info. Yea, that sucks. .. I live 5 1/2 hours from Denver. I go to 2-4 games a year usually. I buy tickets on ticketmaster or ticket exchange. And I've been on the wait list since like 06 or 07. I know if I was a season ticket holder and got my tickets revoked, even if I went to a couple games, I'd be mad. So thanks for the info. It does suck for people who go to games. I like it for fans who only like to sell tickets. Or for fans like me who are impatient and want to be a season ticket holder right away. It does seem a little strange though.

But thanks for the tips.

I only sold on NFL ticket exchange. Promoted by the NFL and Broncos and at Broncos games and on this very website. I am not a broker, I simply could not attend as many games this year as I have a family, which some of you will understand. This is a slippery slope they are on, and if a normal ticket holder is kicked out, beware. Soon you will have to make a minimum number of games that will increase.

I understand people that want to go to games, and if I could not go, I made my tickets available. There are often 3,000 to 6,000 listings for games on ticket exchange for Broncos home games and I have never seen any regular season games listed for face value.

I've gotta say... I love that they are doing this... It sucks for the people who have had season tickets for years but are now losing them for one reason or another, but to the people who are only making it to one or two games a season and selling the rest for profit, the individual game tickets go on sale the second week of July, that's the line you need to be in. They are called season tickets for a reason, and belong in the hands of people who will use the entire season, rather than people who are trying to take advantage of the system. Should they put a number on how many games you need to attend per year in order to keep your tickets? Absolutely they should... As someone who has been on the wait list for almost a decade now, I have seen countless examples of people using their tickets purely for profit and it's disgusting. Something should have been done about this years ago.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    I've gotta say... I love that they are doing this... It sucks for the people who have had season tickets for years but are now losing them for one reason or another, but to the people who are only making it to one or two games a season and selling the rest for profit, the individual game tickets go on sale the second week of July, that's the line you need to be in. They are called season tickets for a reason, and belong in the hands of people who will use the entire season, rather than people who are trying to take advantage of the system. Should they put a number on how many games you need to attend per year in order to keep your tickets? Absolutely they should... As someone who has been on the wait list for almost a decade now, I have seen countless examples of people using their tickets purely for profit and it's disgusting. Something should have been done about this years ago.
    I agree something should be done to get tickets in the hands of fans instead of businessmen but this could have been handled better.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I agree something should be done to get tickets in the hands of fans instead of businessmen but this could have been handled better.
    Not really... If you lay out the guidelines prior to the audit, people will do just enough to get by without losing their season tickets... This is really the only way they could have done it successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Not really... If you lay out the guidelines prior to the audit, people will do just enough to get by without losing their season tickets... This is really the only way they could have done it successfully.
    some people deserve the chance to do "just enough" to get by. I know two people who have had their tickets for 30+ years and lost them over this. People have things come up in their lives that make it hard to attend games some years and this happened to be the year for both of them.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    some people deserve the chance to do "just enough" to get by. I know two people who have had their tickets for 30+ years and lost them over this. People have things come up in their lives that make it hard to attend games some years and this happened to be the year for both of them.
    Some people deserve it, sure... But the ones who were targeted in this do not... It sucks they got caught up in it, but the team is well within it's rights to do it this way.

Yea... people will start going direct-2-consumer or using a different platform that isn't as easy to track in the future. The Blitzkrieg campaign on the tickets this time around was the only was they were going to clean it up. They probably won't get another chance for a long time.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Lets have a little change of discussion, not much happening anyways...

Anyone else on the wait list for season tickets? did you see this article?

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/09...ets-wait-list/

Pretty neat, i have been on the list since 06, im pretty close to the front so im hoping this is the year!! anyone else might benefit from this?
    Would be nice if this was done for all tickets. How unfortunate there are many people who will never see a live game, or maybe will once in their lifetime because of the expense. And this expense is made possible by people who likely care about nothing more than the opportunity it to make money by limiting the seats available

How are they tracking this, is it just if you sell them through a ticket exchange? Otherwise the corners may be littered with even more people shouting "tickets tickets"