Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    I've gotta say... I love that they are doing this... It sucks for the people who have had season tickets for years but are now losing them for one reason or another, but to the people who are only making it to one or two games a season and selling the rest for profit, the individual game tickets go on sale the second week of July, that's the line you need to be in. They are called season tickets for a reason, and belong in the hands of people who will use the entire season, rather than people who are trying to take advantage of the system. Should they put a number on how many games you need to attend per year in order to keep your tickets? Absolutely they should... As someone who has been on the wait list for almost a decade now, I have seen countless examples of people using their tickets purely for profit and it's disgusting. Something should have been done about this years ago.
    I agree with the principal that something had to be done. Maybe the way it was executed offended many.

    Now another area that needs to be addressed is the Half Price tickets that go on sale before the season. This was one of the primary benefits for the fans as they did Build this stadium with tax moneys. Every year a number of these tickets are made available for Denver fans, but this to has opened up sales to anyone with online access. They need to correct this, I for one am tired and mystified as to all the fans from visiting teams present at our stadium. I can say this was never a problem in he old "Mile High".

    Different atmosphere in this new venue, but lets try to keep it for the loyal fans in the region. .

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,397
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/3...revoked-season

    Really interesting fan article over at MHR. Obviously not everyone's experience or situation is the same as this particular fan's but that only goes on to point on that a one size fits all approach the organization has adopted might have included some sort of room for dialogue before tickets were revoked.

    It's a tough situation all around.

    Edit: I guess there is a way for season ticket holders to redress their ticket's revocation. According to http://www.9news.com/news/local/next...ets/422267125:

    We understood there would be special circumstances that would result in an account holder not attending a game in 2016, including military deployment and personal health issues. Our ticket office is working directly with affected accounts to review those situations. If any affected account holders have any questions, we encourage them to reach out to our ticket office at 720-258-3333 or tickets@broncos.nfl.net..

    Before we begin the upgrade process and then offer tickets to fans on the waiting list for the first time in six years, we have to complete our renewals, including any appeals of licenses not renewed.
    If you have received notice that your tickets have been revoked you need to contact the ticket office. They are working through renewals before they begin selling to those on the waiting list. See phone and email above.
    Last edited by Rastic; 03-18-2017 at 06:52 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/3...revoked-season

    Really interesting fan article over at MHR. Obviously not everyone's experience or situation is the same as this particular fan's but that only goes on to point on that a one size fits all approach the organization has adopted might have included some sort of room for dialogue before tickets were revoked.

    It's a tough situation all around.

    Edit: I guess there is a way for season ticket holders to redress their ticket's revocation. According to http://www.9news.com/news/local/next...ets/422267125:



    If you have received notice that your tickets have been revoked you need to contact the ticket office. They are working through renewals before they begin selling to those on the waiting list. See phone and email above.
    A friend of mine did call....he was told.... decision is final....


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1
    While you may have a point, you clearly do not have all the facts at all. When my number came up in 2011, I called the Ticket Office to ask a one important question. 1) Would it be a problem being a season ticket holder living in NY when I won't be able to attend most of the games. The response I got was.....no sir, you can sell your tickets on the NFL Ticket Exchange.....right from the ticket office. The women even went as far as to confirm that the Broncos took part in the Seller Credit feature on the Exchange and I could deposit my money into my account for the upcoming season. Once again, words right from the Ticket Office staff. My problem is they had no problem taking my money in 2011 knowing where I lived and my situation as far as attending games. from 2006 - 2010 I bet there were a lot of season ticket holders that bolted because the Broncos were not putting a quality product on the field. So the Broncos looked to me to fill the some seats and I kindly obliged based on the information I was provided by the Ticket Office. I have every intention on retiring out west in <10 years and would make good use of my tickets. But now I may not have the opportunity. I was there for the Broncos when they needed fans to fill seast.....where are they now for me?? As far as the opposing fans goes.....do what the Patriots do.....no one can buy tickets on the Exchange for a Pats Home game unless they are on the season ticket wait list. Easy fix to that problem. I waited 13 years for those seats, now I may have to go back on the wait list with absolutely NO assurance I will ever see those tickets again. All without a warning which makes it even tougher to swallow. The fact they cut my refund check prior to even notifying me was about as tacky as can be. FYI....this was never about profit....it was about my retirement plans and unfortunately the tickets came well before I was able to retire. I even asked at the time what would happen if I declined the seats.....I was told I would go to the back of the wait list.....another reason I bought them when I did
    Last edited by den199798; 03-26-2017 at 11:03 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carlsbad, NM
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by den199798 View Post
    While you may have a point, you clearly do not have all the facts at all. When my number came up in 2011, I called the Ticket Office to ask a one important question. 1) Would it be a problem being a season ticket holder living in NY when I won't be able to attend most of the games. The response I got was.....no sir, you can sell your tickets on the NFL Ticket Exchange.....right from the ticket office. The women even went as far as to confirm that the Broncos took part in the Seller Credit feature on the Exchange and I could deposit my money into my account for the upcoming season. Once again, words right from the Ticket Office staff. My problem is they had no problem taking my money in 2011 knowing where I lived and my situation as far as attending games. from 2006 - 2010 I bet there were a lot of season ticket holders that bolted because the Broncos were not putting a quality product on the field. So the Broncos looked to me to fill the some seats and I kindly obliged based on the information I was provided by the Ticket Office. I have every intention on retiring out west in <10 years and would make good use of my tickets. But now I may not have the opportunity. I was there for the Broncos when they needed fans to fill seast.....where are they now for me?? As far as the opposing fans goes.....do what the Patriots do.....no one can buy tickets on the Exchange for a Pats Home game unless they are on the season ticket wait list. Easy fix to that problem. I waited 13 years for those seats, now I may have to go back on the wait list with absolutely NO assurance I will ever see those tickets again. All without a warning which makes it even tougher to swallow. The fact they cut my refund check prior to even notifying me was about as tacky as can be. FYI....this was never about profit....it was about my retirement plans and unfortunately the tickets came well before I was able to retire. I even asked at the time what would happen if I declined the seats.....I was told I would go to the back of the wait list.....another reason I bought them when I did
    The question I have is how much were you profiting on ticket exchange? You say it wasn't about profit, does that mean you sold at face value?

    It'seems my understanding that they don't have a problem if you sell in ticketed change if it's for face value, they are looking at who made a large profit of their tickets.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by den199798 View Post
    While you may have a point, you clearly do not have all the facts at all. When my number came up in 2011, I called the Ticket Office to ask a one important question. 1) Would it be a problem being a season ticket holder living in NY when I won't be able to attend most of the games. The response I got was.....no sir, you can sell your tickets on the NFL Ticket Exchange.....right from the ticket office. The women even went as far as to confirm that the Broncos took part in the Seller Credit feature on the Exchange and I could deposit my money into my account for the upcoming season. Once again, words right from the Ticket Office staff. My problem is they had no problem taking my money in 2011 knowing where I lived and my situation as far as attending games. from 2006 - 2010 I bet there were a lot of season ticket holders that bolted because the Broncos were not putting a quality product on the field. So the Broncos looked to me to fill the some seats and I kindly obliged based on the information I was provided by the Ticket Office. I have every intention on retiring out west in <10 years and would make good use of my tickets. But now I may not have the opportunity. I was there for the Broncos when they needed fans to fill seast.....where are they now for me?? As far as the opposing fans goes.....do what the Patriots do.....no one can buy tickets on the Exchange for a Pats Home game unless they are on the season ticket wait list. Easy fix to that problem. I waited 13 years for those seats, now I may have to go back on the wait list with absolutely NO assurance I will ever see those tickets again. All without a warning which makes it even tougher to swallow. The fact they cut my refund check prior to even notifying me was about as tacky as can be. FYI....this was never about profit....it was about my retirement plans and unfortunately the tickets came well before I was able to retire. I even asked at the time what would happen if I declined the seats.....I was told I would go to the back of the wait list.....another reason I bought them when I did
    So you bought tickets because you thought you could keep buying them, and then sold them for profit no doubt. How were you hurt? Yes, you got information that was not good forever, but I don't feel bad for you, you had season tickets and you were not using them and you live in freakin New York. Better for the team, better for the fan that gets your tickets, that you not be allowed to rebuy... even if you do plan on coming back in like a decade to the west.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co
    Posts
    330
    Lol damm this talk makes me feel like an idiot..

    My number came up in 2011 and when they called, I just wasn't interested, we weren't doing too well.. so I didn't end up getting them..

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by den199798 View Post
    While you may have a point, you clearly do not have all the facts at all. When my number came up in 2011, I called the Ticket Office to ask a one important question. 1) Would it be a problem being a season ticket holder living in NY when I won't be able to attend most of the games. The response I got was.....no sir, you can sell your tickets on the NFL Ticket Exchange.....right from the ticket office. The women even went as far as to confirm that the Broncos took part in the Seller Credit feature on the Exchange and I could deposit my money into my account for the upcoming season. Once again, words right from the Ticket Office staff. My problem is they had no problem taking my money in 2011 knowing where I lived and my situation as far as attending games. from 2006 - 2010 I bet there were a lot of season ticket holders that bolted because the Broncos were not putting a quality product on the field. So the Broncos looked to me to fill the some seats and I kindly obliged based on the information I was provided by the Ticket Office. I have every intention on retiring out west in <10 years and would make good use of my tickets. But now I may not have the opportunity. I was there for the Broncos when they needed fans to fill seast.....where are they now for me?? As far as the opposing fans goes.....do what the Patriots do.....no one can buy tickets on the Exchange for a Pats Home game unless they are on the season ticket wait list. Easy fix to that problem. I waited 13 years for those seats, now I may have to go back on the wait list with absolutely NO assurance I will ever see those tickets again. All without a warning which makes it even tougher to swallow. The fact they cut my refund check prior to even notifying me was about as tacky as can be. FYI....this was never about profit....it was about my retirement plans and unfortunately the tickets came well before I was able to retire. I even asked at the time what would happen if I declined the seats.....I was told I would go to the back of the wait list.....another reason I bought them when I did
    I hate to say it, but they never should have allowed someone in your situation to purchase season tickets in the first place... The wait list has always been a solid number, and there was no shortage of people behind you to purchase the seats that you should have passed up on. I stand by my stance that they are called SEASON tickets for a reason. If you are not able to make it to the vast majority of games, you need to be purchasing single game tickets.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    65
    This was probably fine because A) Waitlist fans have been patient. Plus those folks will actually attend games. B) Cut out opposing fans in the stadium.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Derby, Ks
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    I hate to say it, but they never should have allowed someone in your situation to purchase season tickets in the first place... The wait list has always been a solid number, and there was no shortage of people behind you to purchase the seats that you should have passed up on. I stand by my stance that they are called SEASON tickets for a reason. If you are not able to make it to the vast majority of games, you need to be purchasing single game tickets.
    From where? The ticket exchange?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by mj1569 View Post
    From where? The ticket exchange?
    Ticketmaster.com

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Derby, Ks
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Ticketmaster.com
    The few tickets that are available through Ticketmaster get sold out within an hour or so of being released thus leaving secondary sites like Ticketmaster's ticket exchange, Ebay or Craig's list. The point I'm trying to make is that the people in this thread are whining that people that have season tickets don't go to all the games and therefor it's justified in revoking their season tickets because they sell them on the secondary sites. Then you pipe up and basically say these folks should buy single games tickets. Well the vast majority of single game tickets are sold on secondary sites. It sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Bottom line put your name on the list and wait your turn like they did. I understand where den199798 is coming from. He was forced to make a decision to buy at the time or go decline them and go to the end of the line and maybe never getting the opportunity again. The Broncos say the only authorized site you can sell your tickets on is the Ticket Exchange. When you do that it opens them up to whoever wants them. If they want to better the chances of Broncos fans getting those tickets then find a way to restrict their availability to that market. God forbid anyone who advocates the revoking of current season holders tickets arbitrarily without at least asking why they aren't using them have any temporary hardships that would cause you to lose your tickets.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    5,525
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by mj1569 View Post
    The few tickets that are available through Ticketmaster get sold out within an hour or so of being released thus leaving secondary sites like Ticketmaster's ticket exchange, Ebay or Craig's list. The point I'm trying to make is that the people in this thread are whining that people that have season tickets don't go to all the games and therefor it's justified in revoking their season tickets because they sell them on the secondary sites. Then you pipe up and basically say these folks should buy single games tickets. Well the vast majority of single game tickets are sold on secondary sites. It sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Bottom line put your name on the list and wait your turn like they did. I understand where den199798 is coming from. He was forced to make a decision to buy at the time or go decline them and go to the end of the line and maybe never getting the opportunity again. The Broncos say the only authorized site you can sell your tickets on is the Ticket Exchange. When you do that it opens them up to whoever wants them. If they want to better the chances of Broncos fans getting those tickets then find a way to restrict their availability to that market. God forbid anyone who advocates the revoking of current season holders tickets arbitrarily without at least asking why they aren't using them have any temporary hardships that would cause you to lose your tickets.
    I've been on the season ticket waiting list since I turned 18... I'm tired of seeing people use one or two games out of the season and selling the rest for profit when I know there's people who will use all 10 games of the package, and cherish them... I manage to get at least one game per year at face value, so it can't be that hard to do without going on ticket exchange, now can it?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    641
    So how do you find out where you are on the list anyway?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8
    Well, it looks like the appeals are taking time. The ticket upgrade process just got delayed 12 days. Makes me wonder how many seats will become available. I have a high priority number (will pick late in the process), so I need a lot of seats to come open to be able to improve. Thoughts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •