Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Close, difficult decision but I would take McCaffrey. Even if they do not trade for Thomas.

As a secondary question, any thoughts on Dalvin Cook still being available at #20? A month ago it sounded ridiculous and the general consensus was he would be drafted much earlier. Now starting to see mock drafts with him getting into the mid to high teens to even a couple after the Broncos pick. Still a coveted RB worthy of the #20 ? IMO a resounding yes.
    I've jumped off the OJ Howard bandwagon. This to me is a no brainer now if Mac is there he is the guy we get. Denver has 5 issues: Stopping the run, running the ball, blocking, 3 wr threat, and a reliable KR. Mac can potentially fix three of our five issues. Plus, I can't think of when a TE turned a franchise around and helped them win a Super Bowl? I could be wrong but I need your guys help helping me find one. Pats continue to win without Gronk. Tony Gonz help kc win games but not enough to win in the playoffs. Same with Antonio Gates. You have Shannon Sharpe but I like to think that TD was the key factor to help push us to winning a SB. As I am writing this I thought of Jimmy Graham could be one. But that is one. I'm not saying TEs aren't important but as far as helping turn a franchise over the hump I don't see them as a first round worth pick. Most of those TEs I mentioned above weren't picked in the first.

Now as far as OJ Howard goes, his number aren't great in college and shown flashes dominating games. Sort of reminds me of Julius Thomas. Show flashes of dominating but disappears in a lot of games. Just my opinion though

Problem with OJ Howard is be was used as a blocking TE way to much. They love protecting their QB. Another reason why he's nothing like Julius Thomas. Thomas couldn't block my grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Problem with OJ Howard is be was used as a blocking TE way to much. They love protecting their QB. Another reason why he's nothing like Julius Thomas. Thomas couldn't block my grandma.
    Come on man, that's totally uncalled for...I've seen your grandma play she's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I've jumped off the OJ Howard bandwagon. This to me is a no brainer now if Mac is there he is the guy we get. Denver has 5 issues: Stopping the run, running the ball, blocking, 3 wr threat, and a reliable KR. Mac can potentially fix three of our five issues. Plus, I can't think of when a TE turned a franchise around and helped them win a Super Bowl? I could be wrong but I need your guys help helping me find one. Pats continue to win without Gronk. Tony Gonz help kc win games but not enough to win in the playoffs. Same with Antonio Gates. You have Shannon Sharpe but I like to think that TD was the key factor to help push us to winning a SB. As I am writing this I thought of Jimmy Graham could be one. But that is one. I'm not saying TEs aren't important but as far as helping turn a franchise over the hump I don't see them as a first round worth pick. Most of those TEs I mentioned above weren't picked in the first.

Now as far as OJ Howard goes, his number aren't great in college and shown flashes dominating games. Sort of reminds me of Julius Thomas. Show flashes of dominating but disappears in a lot of games. Just my opinion though
    I can't discount your logic. The Chiefs never had consistency elsewhere in those years, and Denver won some Super Bowls and Buffalo went to like 4 of them. Pats are amazing and Martellus Bennet was sure a nice replacement. One thing I thing a great TE brings and Thomas wasn't even amazing at this is Red Zone matchup issues for Defenses. Shannon Sharpe killed people in the Red zone. He was such a good blocker that you couldn't assume he wasn't doing that and then he ran HOF routes and caught the ball. OJ Howard may never be a HOF guy but he and 3 or 4 other guys could be very useful for our Red zone offense. I like McCaffrey too. I view him as much more than a gadget RB.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Hilarious!! Actually your Grandma might put him on the DL.

With teams scrambling for information on propects, Denver has a distinct advantage on two prospects.

Christian McCaffrey- This one is self explanatory, Ed and a Stanford background. Elway has every piece of info he could want on him.

Ryan Ramcyzk- Geep Chryst our new TE coach is brothers with Wisconsin's HC Paul Chryst. I heard Ramcyzk would have blown up the combine similar to Bolles had it not been for his injury.

The closer we get to the draft, the more I think these guys move up the board.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    With teams scrambling for information on propects, Denver has a distinct advantage on two prospects.

Christian McCaffrey- This one is self explanatory, Ed and a Stanford background. Elway has every piece of info he could want on him.

Ryan Ramcyzk- Geep Chryst our new TE coach is brothers with Wisconsin's HC Paul Chryst. I heard Ramcyzk would have blown up the combine similar to Bolles had it not been for his injury.

The closer we get to the draft, the more I think these guys move up the board.
    I won't lie, I only have eyes for C-Mac. I doubt he's here by #20 though so we'd have to trade up...IMO he'd worth just about anything we had to give up. I really think he's one of our biggest missing pieces. I know some would argue that a OT would be our biggest need, but C-Mac can run, block, catch passes. He's a swiss army knife and our offense needs a swiss army knife.

I'm sure not everyone's going to agree with me, but man...I'd love to land him.

Rd - 1 John Ross WR Washington
    Rd - 2 Evan Engram TE Ole' Miss
    Rd - 3 Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
    Rd - 3 Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell

We win
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I won't lie, I only have eyes for C-Mac. I doubt he's here by #20 though so we'd have to trade up...IMO he'd worth just about anything we had to give up. I really think he's one of our biggest missing pieces. I know some would argue that a OT would be our biggest need, but C-Mac can run, block, catch passes. He's a swiss army knife and our offense needs a swiss army knife.

I'm sure not everyone's going to agree with me, but man...I'd love to land him.
    My eyes stray to other prospects from time to time but I am with you about McCaffrey. His potential to be an All-purpose yards and 1st down machine is one of the more compelling additions this team can have. Not just as a safety valve for the young QBs but to change the defensive assignments to help the other RBs, WRs or TE too.

I believe we need to go BPA in a position that fills a need. That need being OT, ILB or NT. RB, TE or WR can be addressed in the 2nd or 3d. IF Elway doesn't reach for a player or can trade back to bet better value I won't have a problem with whomever he picks

If a game-changer like Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffery, or OJ Howard is still available at #20, then I think Elway takes them over one of the OTs.

Give Stephenson and Sambrailo another year to develop chemistry and understand the system, and let them heal up and get stronger in the weight room. Who knows, we might even add Joe Thomas (unlikely, IMO).

We need a reliable security blanket for Siemian/Lynch. A playmaking TE or RB would do wonders for this offense. I doubt OJ Howard or David Njoku would be available, but a dynamic player like Evan Engram, Bucky Hodges, or Jordan Leggett would be great. This TE class is deep.

For RBs, I like Cook, McCaffery, Mixon, Kamara, and Mack. I like Foreman, but we already have CJ Anderson. We need a change of pace guy who hits the holes with no hesitation and is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    If a game-changer like Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffery, or OJ Howard is still available at #20, then I think Elway takes them over one of the OTs.

Give Stephenson and Sambrailo another year to develop chemistry and understand the system, and let them heal up and get stronger in the weight room. Who knows, we might even add Joe Thomas (unlikely, IMO).

We need a reliable security blanket for Siemian/Lynch. A playmaking TE or RB would do wonders for this offense. I doubt OJ Howard or David Njoku would be available, but a dynamic player like Evan Engram, Bucky Hodges, or Jordan Leggett would be great. This TE class is deep.

For RBs, I like Cook, McCaffery, Mixon, Kamara, and Mack. I like Foreman, but we already have CJ Anderson. We need a change of pace guy who hits the holes with no hesitation and is gone.
    I would still love to take Lamp at 20. Then we can come back in the 2nd with Mixon. 3rd we can try and snag Gerald Everett and either a DB, ILB, or 3WR. Maybe we could take a CB Witherspoon, ILB Walker, or WR Godwin. I think something along these lines would go a long way to improve upon our holes.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

You want a 'security blanket" for the QBs? How about an Oline for that security??? An oline would do wonders for this offense too...much more than any TE or RB. Stephenson is going to be 29 at the start of the season...he isn't suddenly going to be any better. sambrailo is possible...highly doubtful, imo

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Am I the only one who thinks there's no way we take McCaffery or any other RB? C.J . just got a deal last year. He didn't break the bank, but got a significant contract. Not to mention, C.J. gives has a great RB for us, even though he's been hurt. Elway spent a pretty high pick on a RB last year with Booker. I just don't see how we use the #20 pick to bring in another RB.

I even saw Walter Football having us take Ross.....I was like what? We could use a slot WR, but not with the 1st. If Mike Williams was there I take him in a heartbeat and put Sanders back in the slot. But Williams will be off the board well before #20.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks there's no way we take McCaffery or any other RB? C.J . just got a deal last year. He didn't break the bank, but got a significant contract. Not to mention, C.J. gives has a great RB for us, even though he's been hurt. Elway spent a pretty high pick on a RB last year with Booker. I just don't see how we use the #20 pick to bring in another RB.

I even saw Walter Football having us take Ross.....I was like what? We could use a slot WR, but not with the 1st. If Mike Williams was there I take him in a heartbeat and put Sanders back in the slot. But Williams will be off the board well before #20.
    Did you see how horrible our run game was after CJ went down? If Romo is really being brought in we are in win now mode and we would have to have another RB via draft or FA.