Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Draft OJ Howard in 1st
    Curious if he will be available with # 20 ? I think the Broncos would have to move up as some have Tenn. taking him at #18.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Curious if he will be available with # 20 ? I think the Broncos would have to move up as some have Tenn. taking him at #18.
    Walter Football has Titans taking him at 18, which is reasonable. Keep in mind though that I don't agree with WF having us take John Ross in the first. No way while we have a huge need at LT
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

When the hell are we going to sign Vance Walker back. I REALLY think he is worth the risk and money. All he does is increase our output in our rotating Dline. I see Peko and Kerr playing mostly in the rotation our NT. But as Sam and Butler has pointed out, it isn't a tradition 3-4, so they could play anywhere, kind of like Sly did. I am still glad we didn't sign him back. I can't believe Elway compared him to Trevor Pryce when he was drafted....pitiful.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    When the hell are we going to sign Vance Walker back. I REALLY think he is worth the risk and money. All he does is increase our output in our rotating Dline. I see Peko and Kerr playing mostly in the rotation our NT. But as Sam and Butler has pointed out, it isn't a tradition 3-4, so they could play anywhere, kind of like Sly did. I am still glad we didn't sign him back. I can't believe Elway compared him to Trevor Pryce when he was drafted....pitiful.
    I think we should get Walker back, I've just been reading a article on Kerr and sounds like he could be starting at DE for us this season. He's got a huge ceiling and with Kollar here he'll try and get best out of him. If our group this season is Peko, Kerr, Wolfe, Crick, Gotis and potentially Walker That's not a bad group I'd like to see us still get a D-lineman in draft someone to replace Peko in a few seasons

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Alignment is one thing, but how run D is played from it is another. Wade Phillips plays one-gap/spill from an odd front which is more common from a split front. Two-gap/funnel run D is more common from an odd front.

In an odd front two-gap, a 0 tech who commands a double is essential along with a couple of 4/5 techs who occupy blocks. It would probably be easier for Denver to convert from their odd front one-gap to a split front one-gap like Seattle plays. Going to either odd or split two gap would require different personnel. 4-3 would also require a true Mike Backer.

I expect Denver's defensive front will look and play like they have the past two seasons; same coaches.
    I knew you would chime in and set-em straight Sam., we'll likely stay with the same under look we used under Wade.