Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Donald Stephenson agrees to restructure contract

https://www.google.com/amp/profootba...h-broncos/amp/

I'm glad he chose to do this, by doing this he's helping the team and also going to get a shot at the left tackle position.
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/profootba...h-broncos/amp/

I'm glad he chose to do this, by doing this he's helping the team and also going to get a shot at the left tackle position.
    Need a left-handed QB.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Need a left-handed QB.
    Mike Klis is putting that out there. Lol

I can't believe we're keeping him. God help us. The new line coach better be a miracle worker.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Need a left-handed QB.
    Steve Young still looks to be in decent shape......

Wow, frustrating. I guess it's just my annoyance from last season that wants to see him cut. We gave ourselves a pretty good out if we decide to cut him later.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Wow, frustrating. I guess it's just my annoyance from last season that wants to see him cut. We gave ourselves a pretty good out if we decide to cut him later.
    Exactly.

It will be a new season with a new coaching staff giving our offensive linemen a new start. I think we may be surprised at players like Stephenson, Schofield (with another year in the fire), and a guy like Sambrailo who is finally healthy enough to get into the weight room.

This doesn't surprise me. Stephenson wasn't going to make a significant difference in salary cap space whether we cut him now or the last roster cut. Having him to compete in TC/preseason makes sense at this time. If he has the ability to capture a starting spot he is now in a situation to show it this summer or get cut ... 2 million is at stake for him.

I'm cool with it if he's making something near the vet minimum lol. I think our oline coaching under Kubiak's staff was absolutely horrid, and there should be a big improvement in that at least. If we sign another decent vet or draft a good rookie who looks like a starter in TC I would bet he's still gone by the end of preseason.

Why? Maybe our new coaching staff can help but man.....
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I wonder if this affects DEN's draft strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Why? Maybe our new coaching staff can help but man.....
    His entire salary for 2016 was guaranteed already. This means he's willing to work with the team and make it so he only makes half of his salary if he gets cut.

If we end up cutting him, we save $2M because of this restructure.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    His entire salary for 2016 was guaranteed already. This means he's willing to work with the team and make it so he only makes half of his salary if he gets cut.

Talk about "motivation"!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post

OK, good, thank you for the explanation. I was indisposed earlier and on my phone when I saw a blurb about this. It was all I could do to refrain making a Darth Vader melodramatic "Nooooooo....." gesture when I saw this. Now I'm good with rolling into TC with the guy.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    OK, good, thank you for the explanation. I was indisposed earlier and on my phone when I saw a blurb about this. It was all I could do to refrain making a Darth Vader melodramatic "Nooooooo....." gesture when I saw this. Now I'm good with rolling into TC with the guy.
    If anything, it shows he's committed to the team. If he didn't restructure, and we cut him, he could go get another contract and get money on top of the $4M we owe him this season. Hopefully he'll improve.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.