Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    We have 4 OTs on the roster and none of them are any good. Ramczyk from Wisconsin is an immediate upgrade over all of Denver's OTs. Put him next to Leary on the left side n he'll be best LT Denver's had since Clady 5yrs ago. Ramczyk is the best option out there unless Denver can pull off a miracle trade for Joe Thomas or Joe Staley, Which is never gonna happen.
    For the right side let's just pray that this coaching staff has the brains to have the TE chip the pass rusher n help out the RT before he gets into his route. The last coaching staff was clueless to that tactic.
    We don't know about Watson, and Sambrailo has been hurt since he was our Starting LT his rookie season. Sambrailo has had 6 months to get better in the weight room since his elbow injury, and his shoulder surgery from over a year ago.

With that being said, we need to get better, or luckier, at Coaching and Drafting offensive linemen, hopefully starting in April.

To all of you scouts out there!! Are there any OT's we can grab 2nd round on? Sharpe, Garcia, Dawkins, Davenport? Any of these guys possible plug un play day one?

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    To all of you scouts out there!! Are there any OT's we can grab 2nd round on? Sharpe, Garcia, Dawkins, Davenport? Any of these guys possible plug un play day one?
    I really like Dawkins and think he could start opening day at RT. He has stated with him he surrenders himself to coaching and trust that the coaches will make him as good as he is capable of, kind of struck a cord with me. Feel many guys come in and resist coaching thinking they know it all and it delays their development.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I think there's some potential there but not day 1 starter material. Also add Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State to the mix.
    The Garcia kid intrigues me the most. A lil light for an NFL tackle. He would of been a great fit for zone blocking scheme

A sleeper expected to go in day 3 is Brad Seaton, Villanova (Height: 6-8 Weight: 310)
    Last edited by qbronco; 03-12-2017 at 03:27 PM.

based on what we've done in free agency, I am beginning to get worried we are indeed set on taking a LT at 20

I have Robinson and Bolles rated as 1st round talent. I am not in agreement with most of the draft experts on Ramczyk. Injuries aside, I think he gets over-powered at the point of attack and does not appear to be as athletic as Robinson or Bolles. In most years he would be a 2nd Round talent. I think someone will draft him day one. I just hope it's not the Broncos.

I don't see any of the "dancing bears" you want for LT, some are bears some can dance, just not seeing the combo.

2018 Trey Adams is a guy I like if he declares, Mitch Hyatt another. McGlinchery will be top OT most likely. Like all three better than the top OT in this class.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Robinson has the experience and has the size and strength we need. I think he can be a Trent Williams type player

None of them
    I want McCafferey
    An OT in round 2
    The top 7 or 8 OTs are all very similar
    Heck OTs 9-15 as well ...

Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    We have 4 OTs on the roster and none of them are any good. Ramczyk from Wisconsin is an immediate upgrade over all of Denver's OTs. Put him next to Leary on the left side n he'll be best LT Denver's had since Clady 5yrs ago. Ramczyk is the best option out there unless Denver can pull off a miracle trade for Joe Thomas or Joe Staley, Which is never gonna happen.
    For the right side let's just pray that this coaching staff has the brains to have the TE chip the pass rusher n help out the RT before he gets into his route. The last coaching staff was clueless to that tactic.
    You mean like a Tight End who can block?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I would rather trade Brandon Marshall or Trevor for a Tackle and go BPA. We need more playmakers on this team, more speed. Maybe Mccaffrey or Adoree Jackson. We just need some more speed last season we didn't have much.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    You mean like a Tight End who can block?
    Not even that. For 2 years in a row Denver's Tackles were left on an island and they got beat time after time. Having a TE chip on his way out would of gave these guys a chance. U know like how every team plays against Von Miller. Put this year New England game on and that's what good coaches do to help less talented players against great pass rusher.

Ryan Ramczyk, Garrett Bolles and Cam Robinson will all be available at #20, all be gone or something in between. The most interesting scenario would be if they're all available, so we'd see how Elway & Co. rank them.

In past years some of us have been convinced that Denver would choose a certain player or position first only to have someone else drafted. That might happen again. I'm looking forward to seeing who it is.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Elway doesn't seem to draft need early

That's probably why we find ourselves without an elite OL

But the flip side to that coin is that we have some really good high draft picks at other positions
    Red 98