Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Yes, it's possible. He's one of the better options after round 1. The fact that he's not very tall and has long arms might be an advantage. A 6'4" OT with 35" arms can win against the edge rushers with long arms, but also his height will help him play with a lower stance to block the shorter edge rushers (like Dumervil) or the edge rushers that can really bend (like Von Miller). Dawkins' 3-cone drill (7.30) was very impressive.

He's one of my favorites players for the 2nd round. Even if he can't play LT, he is, at the very least, a much better OG prospect than Garcia or Schofield.
    He won't reach us in round 2, I feel comfortable predicting him off the board by pick 40 easily. We have the ammo to move up if needed, he is my favorite OT in the draft. LT maybe, RT solution is a very safe bet, RG absolutely. That is the state of OT in this draft really.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

There's a few problems with depending on the draft to get a starting LT. First, there's no guarantee that player/players will be available when we pick. While trading up is a possibility this requires another team and isn't totally within our control. Second, there's no guarantee that player will pan out even if we do get him.

Depending on getting a starting LT in the draft this year is likely Elway's Plan D emergency contingency option at this point. IMO it's awful risky to depend on the draft, particularly this draft, to find a starting LT.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I was watching the 2014 draft again and the Dolphins picked OT Ja'Wuan James, who was considered a big reach at #19. They needed a RT and used their 1st-round pick to get that fixed.

So, Elway better be ready for the possibility of the Colts and Ravens targeting a RT in the 1st round. If Elway really likes one of these OTs, he might have to trade up ahead of the Colts and Ravens to secure his player.

Considering the current hole at LT while Elway focused on paying top money for an OG, I think there are only 3 options:

1) Elway must really like one of the top OTs in this draft to start at LT from day one;

2) There is a trade agreement behind the curtain depending on how the draft unfolds;

3) There is no plan and the o-line is really screwed.
    There might be others.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Bronco View Post
    Does anyone think Dion Dawkins could stick at LT? That's the position he played at Temple, and unlike Forrest Lamp, he has 35 inch arms. I don't know much about the guy, but he could probably be had with our second round pick. Thoughts?
    Dion Dawkins seems like he could play any O-Line spot except Center. He might be there at #51, and could challenge for a spot in the five as a rookie.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus