Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Los Angeles chargers may release king Dunlap

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2...7051487363007/

King Dunlap is expected to be released by the LA chargers do to unrest Thursday night due to violating a restraining order.

What do you do if you were John Elway? Should we take a chance here in the league that is very thin with offense of tackles and are the Los Angeles chargers making a mistake
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-13-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2...7051487363007/

King Dunlap is expected to be released by the LA chargers do to unrest Thursday night due to violating a restraining order.

What do you do if you were John Elway? Should we take a chance here in the league that is very thin with offense of tackles and are the Los Angeles chargers making a mistake
    I think he was expendable with the Chargers signing Okung. The restraining order thing happened about a month ago on Feb 16th. I wouldn't mind bringing him in.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I think he was expendable with the Chargers signing Okung. The restraining order thing happened about a month ago on Feb 16th. I wouldn't mind bringing him in.
    I sent text a message to the fan radio show and Cecil lanky actually sent a text back saying "he doesn't see the Broncos adding a line men that the charge is considered inferior to Russell Okung".

However that is besides the point at this moment in time because we don't have Russell on the team anymore and I for one don't see King Dunlap being inferior to Ty Sambralio or Donald Stephenson or whoever is going to play OT for this team.

I sent text a message to the fan radio show and Cecil lanky actually sent a text back saying "he doesn't see the Broncos adding a line men that the charge is considered inferior to Russell Okung".

However that is besides the point at this moment in time because we don't have Russell on the team anymore and I for one don't see King Dunlap being inferior to Ty Sambralio or Donald Stephenson or whoever is going to play OT for this team.
    Currently our LT would be Stephenson who was ranked dead last by PFT among all tackles in 2016. Dunlap was ranked 53rd or 58th, I believe, among all tackles in 2016, which is 20+ spots higher than Stephenson. So even if Dunlap is inferior to Okung, Dunlap is better than our current option at LT.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Since being added by San Diego, Dunlap played 11 games in 2013, 16 games in 2014, 7 games in 2015 and 12 games in 2016.

Adding a 31 year old tackle who's misses time due to injury every year and is facing a possible suspension from the NFL due to off the field issues. Doesn't seem like a good addition to me.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

The chargers should change their name to the clippers and go all out

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Since being added by San Diego, Dunlap played 11 games in 2013, 16 games in 2014, 7 games in 2015 and 12 games in 2016.

Adding a 31 year old tackle who's misses time due to injury every year and is facing a possible suspension from the NFL due to off the field issues. Doesn't seem like a good addition to me.

We don't know the details so we don't know he will or won't be. But that might very well make him come cheap. To boot he is an experienced vet we could add to the roster and he is very experienced at blocking the Chefs and Faiders. Not to mention the chip that will be on his shoulder

And I have 2 words for you.....Donald Stephenson

If we could get him on the cheap, I'd have somebody looking further into it for sure.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    We don't know the details so we don't know he will or won't be. But that might very well make him come cheap. To boot he is an experienced vet we could add to the roster and he is very experienced at blocking the Chefs and Faiders. Not to mention the chip that will be on his shoulder

If we could get him on the cheap, I'd have somebody looking further into it for sure.

All about how much, yeah? as long as no hit if he doesn't make the final cut. Even with suspension he would not count against roster, so that is not an issue. Talking about a cheap signing with upside, I could see it.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Plan A is still Drafting a LT in the draft but ill bring him in on a 1 year deal. He'll instantly be the best LT on the roster.

Well the 6/9inch monster has been released. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-russell-okung
    We all know he has health issues and at his height and age it may not be a good fit but I'm sure Mike McCoy will let us know all we need to know there.

Being that McCoy is his former coach and has worked with him often will know if he's worth taking the risk.

Well the 6/9inch monster has been released. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-russell-okung
    We all know he has health issues and at his height and age it may not be a good fit but I'm sure Mike McCoy will let us know all we need to know there.

Being that McCoy is his former coach and has worked with him often will know if he's worth taking the risk.
    I hope we at least look at him. We need a LT and if we do the even bring him in for a look, that tells me we will be taking one at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I hope we at least look at him. We need a LT and if we do the even bring him in for a look, that tells me we will be taking one at 20.
    McCoy should know Dunlap very well. Whether we pursue him or not will be telling. I would trust McCoy's judgement regarding this player.
    Welcome Vance Joseph

The McCoy connection and the glaring need at LT make is an obvious choice but the fact that there is no movement on this makes me believe he is holding off a little while longer for romo. No other reason not to bring Dunlap in.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    The McCoy connection and the glaring need at LT make is an obvious choice but the fact that there is no movement on this makes me believe he is holding off a little while longer for romo. No other reason not to bring Dunlap in.
    Well I'm sure the interest is there but the charges that he's facing in along with his injury history he is in no way going to sniff anywhere near what the Chargers were paying him so with that said the interest will always be there it's just a matter of compensation and whether it's reasonable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post

He's a LT, given how much they've signed for I bet he's looking for $8 million per. He might end up getting $6 million or so, but I don't think he's cheap. If the options are Stephenson and Dunlap, the best option is to go for what's behind door number 3.

I still think Schofield ends up at LT.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."