Interesting patterns in this year's draft, at least according to the way DJ's Top 50 portray. Here are some of the characteristics:
1) Dbacks are a hot commodity - There are 10 CBs and 7 Safeties in the top 50 list, including Safeties at #2 and #3. Never seen two this high as long as I can remember!
2) DEs are prominent as well - There are 8 DEs on the list, including the #1, #4 and #6 players.
3) If anything, LBs are not as hot as in some years, with 6 in the top 50, but only 1 in the top 25.
4) O Is Lacking: There are only 4 Oliners, 3 QBs and 3 WRs on this list! The OTs do not make the list until #21, and the QBs only show up at #27!
5) TEs / RBs are the best picks on O - 5 RBs and 4 TEs make the list, including 3 RBs in the top 20 and 2 TEs high up, at #7 and #12.
6) All in all......31 D players make the list, and only 19 O players.
This list is far from conclusive, and will change a few times before the draft, but it does support the reports I've heard. It certainly bodes well for teams looking for defensive help, but one never knows how it will play out til the draft concludes.