Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Can we cut out the "Lynch doesnt put in work" garbage. Cause thats what it is. Its garbage that was conjured up by the previous coaching staff that loved Siemian and didnt care for Lynch.

Lynch "putting in work"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRW40IOhKxd/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRW5IQ3h96x/

It appears that people seem to wanna think that unless Lynch is at the team facilities, he isnt putting in working.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Kubiak/Dennison have a very large and complex playbook. The routes alone are twice as much as most teams. Remember the color coded, laminated playsheet Kubiak carried on the sideline? Looked twice as large as a placemat.
    Last edited by samparnell; 03-13-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

None of the quotes you guys are showing provide actual proof of them calling his work ethic into question. Think a few of you are really trying to interpret the quotes the way that best fits your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think that's the one, from December 7:

http://gazette.com/paul-klee-denver-...rticle/1593418
    The quote from Dennison doesnt imply a poor work ethic; it implies that Lynch needs to continue working on learning the playbook.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Can we cut out the "Lynch doesnt put in work" garbage. Cause thats what it is. Its garbage that was conjured up by the previous coaching staff that loved Siemian and didnt care for Lynch.

Lynch "putting in work"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRW40IOhKxd/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRW5IQ3h96x/

It appears that people seem to wanna think that unless Lynch is at the team facilities, he isnt putting in working.
    It wasn't even put out there by the previous coaches. People are taking general quotes about him having talent and needing to continue to work at the mental game as saying he doesn't have a strong work ethic. If you'll notice, it's the big time Trevor fans (which they have that right) that try to stir up this idea that has no grounds for proof.

Heck, as for OP's provided quote, how in the world would Joseph know if Paxton isn't working hard? I believe they aren't allowed much contact. From the second he's been the broncos coach, Paxton has been working as seen by your post. So, they're really grasping for straws here with any quote they can try to turn into a negative one.

The title of this thread shows an even worse reach by OP trying to make a generic quote into more than it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It wasn't even put out there by the previous coaches. People are taking general quotes about him having talent and needing to continue to work at the mental game as saying he doesn't have a strong work ethic. If you'll notice, it's the big time Trevor fans (which they have that right) that try to stir up this idea that has no grounds for proof.

Heck, as for OP's provided quote, how in the world would Joseph know if Paxton isn't working hard? I believe they aren't allowed much contact. From the second he's been the broncos coach, Paxton has been working as seen by your post. So, they're really grasping for straws here with any quote they can try to turn into a negative one.

The title of this thread shows an even worse reach by OP trying to make a generic quote into more than it actually is.
    You do realize you are quoting the OP with this right?

Who seems to have contradicted his thread title reach with just about everything else he has posted since. So I'm confused on his stance.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

Who seems to have contradicted his thread title reach with just about everything else he has posted since. So I'm confused on his stance.
    A good stance is so undervalued anymore. I thought Billy Turner had a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I have no doubt Lynch is working out and throwing footballs. Tebow spent all day working out, lifting weights and chopping trees, but could not call a play in the huddle. The part of Lynch's game that is in question is his mental side, his work to grasp the playbook.

If doubting his work ethic is something unfounded, I think it's even worse to assume that the previous coaching staff made Lynch look bad because they did not care for him and loved Trevor Siemian.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Kubiak/Dennison have a very large and complex playbook. The routes alone are twice as much as most teams. Remember the color coded, laminated playsheet Kubiak carried on the sideline? Looked twice as large as a placemat.

Yeah man that laminated sheet looked larger than the menu over at Sams #3. I remember Kubiak always squinting at that dang menu trying to find a play with this strained and somewhat constipated look on his face.

I have no doubt Lynch is working out and throwing footballs. Tebow spent all day working out, lifting weights and chopping trees, but could not call a play in the huddle. The part of Lynch's game that is in question is his mental side, his work to grasp the playbook.

If doubting his work ethic is something unfounded, I think it's even worse to assume that the previous coaching staff made Lynch look bad because they did not care for him and loved Trevor Siemian.
    One wonders how McCoy's playbook compares to Kubiak's in complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Yeah man that laminated sheet looked larger than the menu over at Sams #3. I remember Kubiak always squinting at that dang menu trying to find a play with this strained and somewhat constipated look on his face.
    Oh, right. It's not like it was large so I could read it without bifocals. The font looked pretty small. There was a lot of stuff on that.

When Dennison said Paxton faltered when they went deeper into the playlist, did he mean before or after play # 250?

When the Packers won Super Bowls I & II, they used about 25 plays.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    One wonders how McCoy's playbook compares to Kubiak's in complexity.
    It looks like McCoy is willing to keep some of the verbiage to help the QBs and I don't think the verbiage is as complex as Kubiak's, but I believe McCoy's system usually puts more resposibility on the QB. It's the QB that calls protections, not the center. There are more no-huddle and uptempo drives, with more freedom for the QB to audible.

McCoy might have been heavily influenced by the McDaniels-Patriots offense and by the Manning-Colts offense. He can make everything more simple to suit a QB like Tebow, but ideally he'd probably want a Manning-Rivers level of command from the QB at the line of scrimmage.

From one of his latest interviews, it does not seem like he is designing a dumbed-down playbook for young QBs; I believe he said he would throw the playbook at the QBs and see which one stands out absorbing all the info.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

But he never said in the quote you provided that lynch wasn't working on that part of his game. Just that he wasn't there yet so he needs to work on it just like anyone would with anything. As a coach and teacher do you know how often I've said player or student needs to work on something even though I know they're working hard at that thing? You want them to continue after it. lol you don't put it in their head that they can start to relax on working on that part of their craft. That's not wise. He wasn't going to say, "Paxton has a bunch of talent, and there's nothing he needs to work on."

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

I support Lynch but with my original post to begin the thread, I was simply just posting news - comments that were made by the teams head coach.

The comment by Joseph does imply that Lynch has talent but not much, if anything, else. Whether that's actually what VJ meant, I dont know.

While I do support Lynch over Siemian, I don't think that Lynch is ready yet which is why I'm hoping for Romo.

This a drastic misreading.... All VJ was implying is that some positions require just being talented and hardworking but a QB needs to be a leader and that Lynch is a young guy.... OMG a 23 year old is not on a the leadership level of a manning or Brady.