Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VJ Implies That Paxton Lynch Talent But Nothing Else

Cameron Wolfe
    @CameronWolfe

Joseph on Lynch - "Paxton is a young guy with great talent, but playing quarterback in the NFL is about more than talent. It's about leadership - whether you like it or not - it comes with leadership obligations, it comes with studying and understanding the system"
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Cameron Wolfe
    @CameronWolfe

Joseph on Lynch - "Paxton is a young guy with great talent, but playing quarterback in the NFL is about more than talent. It's about leadership - whether you like it or not - it comes with leadership obligations, it comes with studying and understanding the system"
    If true, it's not impossible for Lynch to grow in this area. Look at Von Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    If true, it's not impossible for Lynch to grow in this area. Look at Von Miller.
    IIRC, Lynch's coach at Memphis said Lynch was a great leader there.

Hmm, if we could only find a way to put Lynch's skill set and Tebow's leadership together into one QB...

Disappointing if Lynch can not step up as the starter.

Continue to hope he can be an impact player, but it is troubling that there continues to be comments being made about his work ethic and study habits. Young man needs to understand his opportunity and grow up.

Interesting that VJ is commenting on Lynch "learning the system" though. Can the coaches even have contact with the players at this time? Are McCoy and Musgrave even able to let him see the new playbook, let alone test him on it?
    Last edited by FR Tim; 03-13-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Disappointing if Lynch can not step up as the starter.

Continue to hope he can be an impact player, but it is troubling that there continues to be comments being made about his work ethic and study habits. Young man needs to understand his opportunity and grow up.

Interesting that VJ is commenting on Lynch "learning the system" though. Can the coaches even have contact with the players at this time? Are McCoy and Musgrave even able to let him see the new playbook, let alone test him on it?
    They can't test him on it, or even really discuss it, but I believe they're able to hand out playbooks. I'm sure all of the Broncos offensive players would have them by now.

As for the comments made by Joseph, I think it amounts to nothing. Coaches often say that in regards to young QBs, that they need to learn that it takes more than being a great athlete to be an NFL QB. Some realize that and take off, others don't and wash out of the league. Nothing earth shattering and is more speaking in generics than saying something that fans should actually be concerned with at this point. Now if that's being said after 2 or 3 years in the league, then it could be a problem.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Even the new coaching staff is already calling out Paxton Lynch about his "obligations", implying he needs to study and understand the system. They probably heard what happened last year. That can't be good. With Cecil Lammey and also Shawn Shareef from 105.3 The Fan in Dallas reporting that Lynch's work ethic has been an issue... There's a pattern here. I believe Rick Dennison also called out Paxton Lynch last season, though I don't remember exactly what he said. It's about leadership and study like Vance Joseph says and Siemian has those things in his favor.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Hard work beats talent when talent does not work.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Even the new coaching staff is already calling out Paxton Lynch about his "obligations", implying he needs to study and understand the system. They probably heard what happened last year. That can't be good. With Cecil Lammey and also Shawn Shareef from 105.3 The Fan in Dallas reporting that Lynch's work ethic has been an issue... There's a pattern here. I believe Rick Dennison also called out Paxton Lynch last season, though I don't remember exactly what he said. It's about leadership and study like Vance Joseph says and Siemian has those things in his favor.
    What part of that quote is "calling him out?" It's a generic comment that you'll see most coaches say about most young QBs. And please provide a link to Dennison calling out Lynch and his worth ethic being questioned. Because from my best recollection, it was just people speculating on this board and not actual things with substance.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post

Tebow proves that isn't the truth. His hard work doesn't beat anyone with talent, in football or baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Tebow proves that isn't the truth. His hard work doesn't beat anyone with talent, in football or baseball.
    And people love the exception to the rule more than the rule.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Great post--- I gotta spread it.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

There was a qualifier in MHS's comment, which is WHEN TALENT DOES NOT WORKand it wasn't simply that hard work beats talent. You're argument is a classic straw man.

This is nothing more than people trying to read more between the lines than is necessary.

This is exactly what should be expected of a qb going into his second year. Most of them have to continue improving leadership, and command of the playbook.

I don't know why people have to assume it means anything negative.

Oh, wonderful. Textual criticism of Coachspeak. Good luck with that.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

And please provide a link to Dennison calling out Lynch and his worth ethic being questioned. Because from my best recollection, it was just people speculating on this board and not actual things with substance.
    I think that's the one, from December 7:

http://gazette.com/paul-klee-denver-...rticle/1593418

It's too early to make any grand proclamations on 2017, or Lynch. But the most telling commentary arrived Dec. 7, days after Lynch spelled Siemian in a game at Jacksonville.

"He started off and knew where everybody was. Late in the game we went deeper into the call sheet. That became something that he needs to work on a little bit more," offensive coordinator Rick Dennison said then. "He will."

Hope so. In Week 13, a quarterback's grasp of the playbook was a problem? That must change.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607