Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Also, this thread title is extremely misleading. Joseph never implied any such thing, this is simply the OP's opinionated interpretation of VJ's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    But multiple coaches aren't saying what you're saying they're saying. Yes, I purposely said it like that. Lol. One of those coaches hasn't even had the chance to work with Paxton, so how would he know? They're just saying generic coach lines to motivate the athlete to work.
    They insinuated it and even if they haven't worked together I guarantee that Elway spoke on this and considered it when hiring Joseph. The athlete, especially the QB should not need motivation to work. The fact that the team is at this point is not promising. Take the blinders off, his dedication has been in question from multiple sources. I don't hear this type of chatter surrounding other qbs from his class (Prescott, Wentz, Goff).

Here's the full quote from VJ that puts his comments in better context:

"Paxton's a young guy with great talent, but playing quarterback in the NFL is a lot more than talent," Joseph said. "It's leadership -- whether you like it or not, it comes with leadership obligations. It comes with studying and understanding the systems.

"He's ready for it. He wants the challenge. He's looking forward to getting back in and going to work. It's going to be a fair, open competition, and whoever plays better is going to be the guy."

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Hmmm, when put in context, it makes the original post look like a blatant misquote.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    The pitfalls of 140 characters.

The full quote, however, begs the question, how does Vance Joseph know that Paxton is ready?

I think Lynch's best chance is that McCoy seems like the kind of coordinator who can create an offense in which Lynch has a real chance to succeed.

I don't think Kubiak was that kind of guy and they should have targeted a different position in the first round last year.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Coaches usually are and Paxton has all new ones.
    It is not the coaches I worry about.

I am getting a real good vibe from VJ myself.

McCoy was the only coach in the NFL who could be patient with Tebow and win games with him. Considering how everyone else in the football world was mentally blowing up and how the rest of Tebow's career went...well I am pretty sure we can put faith in McCoy's patience
    "Preservation of our environment is not a liberal or conservative challenge, it's common sense" RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Hmmm, when put in context, it makes the original post look like a blatant misquote.
    I didnt blatantly misquote anything. I posted what Cameron Wolfe tweeted/reported what Vance Joseph said. Wolfe did not divulge the entire quote by Joseph; and because I wasnt aware of the entire quote, I posted the quote that Wolfe reported, thinking it was all there was to the quote. Later on, Ian St Clair tweeted and pointed out that Cameron Wolfe did not report the full quote...

Ian St. Clair
    @IanStClair

Wasn't a complete quote (from Vance Joseph)...Wolfe was extremely careless w/ [reporting quote].

Remainder of quote - "He’s ready for it. He wants the challenge. He’s looking forward to getting back in & going to work."

Nothing I did was blatant. I dont get why Im being shot at in this thread for posting something that was reported by a reliable reporter, only to find out the next day or so that the reporter did not divulge everything that was said.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I didnt blatantly misquote anything. I posted what Cameron Wolfe tweeted/reported what Vance Joseph said. Wolfe did not divulge the entire quote by Joseph; and because I wasnt aware of the entire quote, I posted the quote that Wolfe reported, thinking it was all there was to the quote. Later on, Ian St Clair tweeted and pointed out that Cameron Wolfe did not report the full quote...

Nothing I did was blatant. I dont get why Im being shot at in this thread for posting something that was reported by a reliable reporter, only to find out the next day or so that the reporter did not divulge everything that was said.
    Easy killer...As you weren't the one who "misquoted" only the one who quoted the misquote I wasn't accusing you of anything. Calm yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    They insinuated it and even if they haven't worked together I guarantee that Elway spoke on this and considered it when hiring Joseph. The athlete, especially the QB should not need motivation to work. The fact that the team is at this point is not promising. Take the blinders off, his dedication has been in question from multiple sources. I don't hear this type of chatter surrounding other qbs from his class (Prescott, Wentz, Goff).
    Let's be clear. You THINK they insinuated it. You're taking your perceived implication of a generic coaches statement and proclaiming it as fact. What do you have to say about the other comments by people of the organization of Paxton that contradict those "insinuations"? Those don't count? Only the statements that you're interpreting as a slight to Paxton count?
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-20-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    It all has to do with how you phrased the thread title. Which was absolutely your opinion and interpretation of the statement and does not reflect what Vance Joseph said even before the full quote was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    It all has to do with how you phrased the thread title. Which was absolutely your opinion and interpretation of the statement and does not reflect what Vance Joseph said even before the full quote was released.
    I think the implication came from the source the user quoted which was incomplete itself and gave the false impression to more than one person. It wasn't malicious on the OP's part, but an honest mistake based on the source.

If half a quote was a little misleading, the full quote leaves no room for doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Like I said, good luck with textual criticism of Coachspeak.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Like I said, good luck with textual criticism of Coachspeak.
    I tried stating that as well. I must not have "insinuated" what he wanted me to.

If you want to assume what this coaching staff knows about these QBs before OTAs, keep in mind that Kubiak said Vance Joseph is a close friend. So, I'd expect Joseph reached out to Kubiak to get some info about the QBs on the roster. Also, Joseph retained Studesville and Tolbert, coaches that know how the QBs handle themselves on the field and behind the scenes.

So yeah, the current staff has not coached the QBs yet, but Joseph already did some work to know Siemian is a "smart guy", "a leader" and "his teammates love him and they love playing for him". And I will be beyond shocked if Siemian still does not have Mike McCoy's playbook. Somehow, that playbook must have showed up inside a "pizza" at the training room.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    If you want to assume what this coaching staff knows about these QBs before OTAs, keep in mind that Kubiak said Vance Joseph is a close friend. So, I'd expect Joseph reached out to Kubiak to get some info about the QBs on the roster. Also, Joseph retained Studesville and Tolbert, coaches that know how the QBs handle themselves on the field and behind the scenes.

So yeah, the current staff has not coached the QBs yet, but Joseph already did some work to know Siemian is a "smart guy", "a leader" and "his teammates love him and they love playing for him". And I will be beyond shocked if Siemian still does not have Mike McCoy's playbook. Somehow, that playbook must have showed up inside a "pizza" at the training room.
    I'm sure you're right. But, I bet you that if one of the qbs has gotten his hands on the playbook, the other one has as well.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-20-2017 at 08:28 PM.