X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den615
    Playmaker
    • Jul 2008

Also, this thread title is extremely misleading. Joseph never implied any such thing, this is simply the OP's opinionated interpretation of VJ's statement.

Comment

• JW7
      Captain
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      But multiple coaches aren't saying what you're saying they're saying. Yes, I purposely said it like that. Lol. One of those coaches hasn't even had the chance to work with Paxton, so how would he know? They're just saying generic coach lines to motivate the athlete to work.
      They insinuated it and even if they haven't worked together I guarantee that Elway spoke on this and considered it when hiring Joseph. The athlete, especially the QB should not need motivation to work. The fact that the team is at this point is not promising. Take the blinders off, his dedication has been in question from multiple sources. I don't hear this type of chatter surrounding other qbs from his class (Prescott, Wentz, Goff).
      sigpic

Comment

• lvbronx
        Old School
        • Jul 2005

Here's the full quote from VJ that puts his comments in better context:

"Paxton's a young guy with great talent, but playing quarterback in the NFL is a lot more than talent," Joseph said. "It's leadership -- whether you like it or not, it comes with leadership obligations. It comes with studying and understanding the systems.

"He's ready for it. He wants the challenge. He's looking forward to getting back in and going to work. It's going to be a fair, open competition, and whoever plays better is going to be the guy."

Comment

• Freyaka
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          Hmmm, when put in context, it makes the original post look like a blatant misquote.
          sigpic

Comment

• broncolee
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
            The pitfalls of 140 characters.

The full quote, however, begs the question, how does Vance Joseph know that Paxton is ready?

I think Lynch's best chance is that McCoy seems like the kind of coordinator who can create an offense in which Lynch has a real chance to succeed.

I don't think Kubiak was that kind of guy and they should have targeted a different position in the first round last year.
            Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Hadez
              Football Immortal
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Coaches usually are and Paxton has all new ones.
              It is not the coaches I worry about.

I am getting a real good vibe from VJ myself.

McCoy was the only coach in the NFL who could be patient with Tebow and win games with him. Considering how everyone else in the football world was mentally blowing up and how the rest of Tebow's career went...well I am pretty sure we can put faith in McCoy's patience
              What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
              effort x talent = skill
              effort x skill = achievement
              How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• kingelway7
                Playmaker
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                Hmmm, when put in context, it makes the original post look like a blatant misquote.
                I didnt blatantly misquote anything. I posted what Cameron Wolfe tweeted/reported what Vance Joseph said. Wolfe did not divulge the entire quote by Joseph; and because I wasnt aware of the entire quote, I posted the quote that Wolfe reported, thinking it was all there was to the quote. Later on, Ian St Clair tweeted and pointed out that Cameron Wolfe did not report the full quote...

Ian St. Clair
                @IanStClair

Wasn't a complete quote (from Vance Joseph)...Wolfe was extremely careless w/ [reporting quote].

Remainder of quote - "He’s ready for it. He wants the challenge. He’s looking forward to getting back in & going to work."

Nothing I did was blatant. I dont get why Im being shot at in this thread for posting something that was reported by a reliable reporter, only to find out the next day or so that the reporter did not divulge everything that was said.
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                  I didnt blatantly misquote anything. I posted what Cameron Wolfe tweeted/reported what Vance Joseph said. Wolfe did not divulge the entire quote by Joseph; and because I wasnt aware of the entire quote, I posted the quote that Wolfe reported, thinking it was all there was to the quote. Later on, Ian St Clair tweeted and pointed out that Cameron Wolfe did not report the full quote...

Nothing I did was blatant. I dont get why Im being shot at in this thread for posting something that was reported by a reliable reporter, only to find out the next day or so that the reporter did not divulge everything that was said.
                  Easy killer...As you weren't the one who "misquoted" only the one who quoted the misquote I wasn't accusing you of anything. Calm yourself.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
                    Playmaker
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                    They insinuated it and even if they haven't worked together I guarantee that Elway spoke on this and considered it when hiring Joseph. The athlete, especially the QB should not need motivation to work. The fact that the team is at this point is not promising. Take the blinders off, his dedication has been in question from multiple sources. I don't hear this type of chatter surrounding other qbs from his class (Prescott, Wentz, Goff).
                    Let's be clear. You THINK they insinuated it. You're taking your perceived implication of a generic coaches statement and proclaiming it as fact. What do you have to say about the other comments by people of the organization of Paxton that contradict those "insinuations"? Those don't count? Only the statements that you're interpreting as a slight to Paxton count?
                    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-20-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Den615
                      Playmaker
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                      It all has to do with how you phrased the thread title. Which was absolutely your opinion and interpretation of the statement and does not reflect what Vance Joseph said even before the full quote was released.

Comment

• Rastic
                        Modulated
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                        It all has to do with how you phrased the thread title. Which was absolutely your opinion and interpretation of the statement and does not reflect what Vance Joseph said even before the full quote was released.
                        I think the implication came from the source the user quoted which was incomplete itself and gave the false impression to more than one person. It wasn't malicious on the OP's part, but an honest mistake based on the source.

If half a quote was a little misleading, the full quote leaves no room for doubt.

Comment

• samparnell
                          Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                          Like I said, good luck with textual criticism of Coachspeak.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
                            Playmaker
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Like I said, good luck with textual criticism of Coachspeak.
                            I tried stating that as well. I must not have "insinuated" what he wanted me to.

Comment

• -Rod-
                              #TeamBroncos
                              • Mar 2008

If you want to assume what this coaching staff knows about these QBs before OTAs, keep in mind that Kubiak said Vance Joseph is a close friend. So, I'd expect Joseph reached out to Kubiak to get some info about the QBs on the roster. Also, Joseph retained Studesville and Tolbert, coaches that know how the QBs handle themselves on the field and behind the scenes.

So yeah, the current staff has not coached the QBs yet, but Joseph already did some work to know Siemian is a "smart guy", "a leader" and "his teammates love him and they love playing for him". And I will be beyond shocked if Siemian still does not have Mike McCoy's playbook. Somehow, that playbook must have showed up inside a "pizza" at the training room.
                              sigpic

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
                                Playmaker
                                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                                If you want to assume what this coaching staff knows about these QBs before OTAs, keep in mind that Kubiak said Vance Joseph is a close friend. So, I'd expect Joseph reached out to Kubiak to get some info about the QBs on the roster. Also, Joseph retained Studesville and Tolbert, coaches that know how the QBs handle themselves on the field and behind the scenes.

So yeah, the current staff has not coached the QBs yet, but Joseph already did some work to know Siemian is a "smart guy", "a leader" and "his teammates love him and they love playing for him". And I will be beyond shocked if Siemian still does not have Mike McCoy's playbook. Somehow, that playbook must have showed up inside a "pizza" at the training room.
                                I'm sure you're right. But, I bet you that if one of the qbs has gotten his hands on the playbook, the other one has as well.
                                Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-20-2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X